Wiki Posts
Search

Ted connection to NW at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Ted connection to NW at LAX

I bought a RT on NW (HNL-LAX). Now I am in the process of buying a 2nd RT from LAX-LAS. Right now, the outbound section works (NW does have a single RT to LAS and there is only a 3-hour layover in LAX once I arrive. However, NW doesn't have a convenient return so I am looking at other airlines for a better connection. Anyone else connect from TED to NW at LAX or is America West a better option. I know AW is in a closer terminal but arrives an hour before my NW return to HNL. TED has a flight that lands at noon. I am sure I can get my bags checked all the way to HNL from LAS but do you think that is an easy connection time (roughly 2 1/2 hours)? Mahalo for the info.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
2 1/2 hours is plenty of time to hike from T2 to T8 (where TED lives), even if you walk the horseshoe. Of course, the shortest (and most adventurous) route is walking straight through the middle, going through the parking garages or under the Encounters restaurant. Or, you can just take any of the LAX shuttles and be there < 5 minutes.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:25 pm
DJZ

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, former UA 1K, SPG AMEX addict
Shouldn't be more than 45 minutes--and that's if you have to walk it...slowly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.