Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Newer posts on this topic have been relocated to a new thread.The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2019 - Date)
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Old Jun 5, 2003, 11:31 am

I agree with PanAm747. 105 Airport parking is very nice and friendly and you never have to wait long for a shuttle either way. I used them for a year most weekends while working in LA and got quite friendly with them. They have a coupon on their website for a free day with any two day or longer stay.

http://www.105airportparking.com/

Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:08 am

I agree with the previous recommendations for 105 Parking. I tried them once because of the coupon on their website and I was very satisfied with the level of service. It's indoor parking and I didn't wait long for the shuttle. Maybe that's because it was their downtime. I was the only one on board. I took a Fri. evening flight out and a Sat. afternoon flight back in.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 9:35 pm

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Best (offsite) parking at LAX?

I thought I'd found the best deal at the Westin on Century.
Used to be:

1) Covered garage in decent area
2) $7/day for flyers
3) No "breakage", i.e., charged by calendar day only
4) Accepted competitor's coupons (e.g., The Parking Spot's 1 day free)

Last night I found, as Richard Pryor would say, "da sh*t been changed".

Now:

1) Still covered garage (hey, it's something)
2) $9/day
3) > 2 hours = full day charge
4) "We've never accepted coupons"

So that's the end of that.

I see the Radisson shuttles advertising $8/day. Is there anything better? Note: I'm only interested in COVERED parking, no matter how cheap uncovered may be.

Old Nov 19, 2003, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Radisson has the addl. advantage that LAX is just across the street. Depending on your luggage you can even walk to the terminal: no waiting for shuttle buses, good excercise too.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
do you know the cost per day? also, any cheap non-covered parking for lax?
Old Nov 23, 2003, 2:58 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
This place is pretty low:

http://www.foxautoparks.com/content/.../home-lax.html
Old Nov 24, 2003, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
anyone have experience with this place?
http://www.laxparking.com/

it's $6.95 a day with 5th day free.. sounds like a very good deal to me..
Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:26 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
The price does seem good, especially on five to seven day stays. My only comment is I can not say I've ever seen the vans in the picture (and I arrive at LAX about 30 times a year).

http://www.laxparking.com/pages/services.html

You may have to call once you arrive to get them to pick you up.

[This message has been edited by Craig6z (edited Nov 24, 2003).]
Old Dec 1, 2003, 10:43 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
We are trying this place later this month - http://www.johnnyparklax.com/ . Does anyone have experience with them? They have some great coupons, and it is totally indoors. We will still bring the car cover.

[This message has been edited by hiyosilverwings (edited Dec 01, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by hiyosilverwings (edited Dec 01, 2003).]
Old Dec 3, 2003, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by araknis:
anyone have experience with this place?
http://www.laxparking.com/

it's $6.95 a day with 5th day free.. sounds like a very good deal to me..
</font>
Parked with them twice last summer for week+ trips. You do have to call, and I think they may have only one van, but the price is right. I'm not sure that they operate 24 hours a day, though -- check.
tom

Old Dec 7, 2003, 8:31 pm

I parked with Ampco Express twice this year. It's $9 per day but you can print $2 off per day coupon from their web site. I'm happy with them. Here is their link
http://www.ampcoexpress.com/locations/lax.htm#_self
Old Dec 24, 2003, 3:14 pm

105 parking off Sepulveda near the 105 freeway. Easy to get coupons for one free day with a 3 day visit.

I try to stop inside LAX and do skycap, then park, but if not, they will watch your bags for you downstairs. It is a multi level building so you do more driving up the levels, but no walking like at Park One where I am walking what seems like miles looking for a shuttle. They are also very helpful. Shuttle was already on its way and I flagged him down, he took me. ( big tip)

------------------
YAS+
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:07 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
We just used 105 Parking. They were full inside and we had to park outside. They don't take reservations. When we got back to LAX from LHR, it took the shuttle a half hour to pick us up after we called. $55 total for 6 days with the online coupon.

[This message has been edited by hiyosilverwings (edited Jan 04, 2004).]
Old Jan 6, 2004, 9:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
I would recommend against Johnny Park mentioned above. I valeted my car there for the week before Xmas and the valet obviously ran into the corner of the building. The problem is that they didn't bother to tell me about it when I picked the car up--I found it the next morning in my garage. Now, accidents happen and I have no problem with that if you cop to the problem, however, in the 2 1/2 weeks since then I have made numerous calls to these people and have had numerous promises to call me back and have yet to have the decency of a single return call. Had they handled this appropriately I probably would have recommended them for all of my company's parking business, instead, as they have absolutely no customer appreciation or courtesy I have to post here and recommend that everyone stay away.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 6:50 pm

Any feedback on Ampco? The price certainly seems to be right. How's the pickup times? Do you need to call or do they constantly run?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.