Reload this Page >

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Newer posts on this topic have been relocated to a new thread.The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2019 - Date)
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by mezzowithcorigis
Just 5 days...Uber from Bakersfield to LAX will run 150-200 each way. If the park-only option doesn't work at the Marriott, any of the competing hotels' park & fly packages with a 1-night room stay will be cheaper than Uber. There is a shuttle bus from Bakersfield to LAX, but earliest bus on weekends is 8am, so I'd have to go down the night before, and I'd rather not.
How about renting a car one way from Bakersfield to LAX, then the same on the way home? When compared to paying for parking + wear-and-tear on your own car, it may be a wash.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA (Plt)
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
How about renting a car one way from Bakersfield to LAX, then the same on the way home? When compared to paying for parking + wear-and-tear on your own car, it may be a wash.
I have done that before, when returning to a different airport (SNA or BUR). In this case, it doesn't solve my original problem of not wanting to be in the parking lot of a rental place/parking facility/etc at 4 in the morning, since they are in rather sketchy areas.
The drive itself isn't the problem....I make a trip over the Grapevine at least once a week, sometimes up to 3.

I really miss the BFL-LAX EMB-120.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have done that before, when returning to a different airport (SNA or BUR). In this case, it doesn't solve my original problem of not wanting to be in the parking lot of a rental place/parking facility/etc at 4 in the morning, since they are in rather sketchy areas.
The drive itself isn't the problem....I make a trip over the Grapevine at least once a week, sometimes up to 3.

No place to park at a friend's house in LA and Uber from there?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold

I think you might be overthinking it a little. The major rental car lots are always staffed and brightly lit, especially Budget, Avis, and Hertz, all on Airport Way. I'd say they are some of the safest places in the area.

Park n Ride-wise, check out the hotels in El Segundo, since those will be cheaper than the ones on Century. I personally like the Hyatt Place, since it's a pretty new property.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:23 am

Just 5 days...Uber from Bakersfield to LAX will run 150-200 each way. If the park-only option doesn't work at the Marriott, any of the competing hotels' park & fly packages with a 1-night room stay will be cheaper than Uber. There is a shuttle bus from Bakersfield to LAX, but earliest bus on weekends is 8am, so I'd have to go down the night before, and I'd rather not.
Wow. I didn't realize that you lived in Bakersfield. Scratch my UberX suggestion!

Anyways, I think LAX Marriott is a good choice for parking for you. I use it myself when take short trips and if you see my post in the Uber from LAX thread, I also use that as my pick up spot when I need an Uber X to take me back to LA where I live.

I also put in some random dates in the parking link and got an $8 self park rate which isn't bad at all. Safe travels whichever option you decide on!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA (Plt)
Originally Posted by Statman
Wow. I didn't realize that you lived in Bakersfield. Scratch my UberX suggestion!

Anyways, I think LAX Marriott is a good choice for parking for you. I use it myself when take short trips and if you see my post in the Uber from LAX thread, I also use that as my pick up spot when I need an Uber X to take me back to LA where I live.

I also put in some random dates in the parking link and got an $8 self park rate which isn't bad at all. Safe travels whichever option you decide on!
Thanks. I ended up going with a room+park deal, since my 6am flight would mean leaving my home by 2am - not my idea of a good time. Next time I have a trip leaving during more reasonable hours, I'm definitely trying the Marriott parking.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
I would consider looking at www.parkrideflyusa.com to make your reservation. You can find pretty cheap rates.

The only thing about the Marriott parking is that the shuttle often takes longer than other shuttles to pick you up from the airport.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by SD-Flyer
I just reserved parking at the LAX Marriott for a trip I am taking in a few weeks.

The regular hotel website says they charge $34 per day for parking, but if you use the "special" airport parking website it's $12 per day for self (outside uncovered) and $14 per day for valet (covered).

The website is a little confusing. You have to create an account -- can't sign in with regular Marriott user name and password. Then it took a few tries to actually make a reservation.

Hopefully it was a good decision. I will report back next month.
I just used this site to make a parking reservation. They gave me a rate of $8 per day. I'm pleased with that.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hoangb
I would consider looking at www.parkrideflyusa.com to make your reservation. You can find pretty cheap rates.
I'm a big fan of ParkRideFlyUSA. They have good rates and a program that gives a free day after every 10 days of paid parking. They also frequently have a promotion code on their page that is 10-15% off.

One of my favorites at LAX is Park Air Express. They are next door to the Hilton and have garish green and yellow shuttle vans. I can usually get a valet spot pretty cheap and the shuttles (while not glamorous) run pretty regularly compared to some of the other "less expensive" options. I think it has to do with the fact that they seem to be the shuttle for TSA employees, as I often see them riding on the van.

Service is prompt. My car is always pulled up and ready to go when I get off the shuttle van.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Quickest Parking to LAX T6

Through a bit of a scheduling issue, I now have a 6:25pm flight on AA departing LAX for OMA, which apparently operates out of T6. I will be leaving the south bay around 5pm - hopefully at LAX area by 5:30pm.

I have Pre-Check.

Currently, my plan is to park at The Parking Spot as they generally always have shuttles waiting - will do valet.

Any thoughts on a better parking option (other than parking in the T6 lot)? I had thought about ParkOne/Park N Fly, but not sure that'll save me much time as I still have to navigate into the terminal area. It's been a few years since I valet parked there - is there always a van waiting?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Through a bit of a scheduling issue, I now have a 6:25pm flight on AA departing LAX for OMA, which apparently operates out of T6. I will be leaving the south bay around 5pm - hopefully at LAX area by 5:30pm.

I have Pre-Check.

Currently, my plan is to park at The Parking Spot as they generally always have shuttles waiting - will do valet.

Any thoughts on a better parking option (other than parking in the T6 lot)? I had thought about ParkOne/Park N Fly, but not sure that'll save me much time as I still have to navigate into the terminal area. It's been a few years since I valet parked there - is there always a van waiting?
I frequently fly out of AS/AA from T6 and I generally find its quicker just to walk from Park N Fly. I do pack super light though. Arriving I find the shuttles can take forever and especially in the summer I do not mind the walk. With that being said Parking Spot's shuttle locator app does help now too. YMMV
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I've never used this service, but I heard of a similar one in DFW.

Airport Valet of LAX

I don't remember if the DFW one meets you at the terminal, but you pick up a valet from their office and drive with them to the terminal. They take your car and drive it back. They pick you up with your car. The picking up part might be too time consuming though.

Originally Posted by uscjeff
Arriving I find the shuttles can take forever and especially in the summer I do not mind the walk. With that being said Parking Spot's shuttle locator app does help now too. YMMV
Yeah. One thing that irks me with the Parking Spot shuttles is how long you sometimes have to wait when you've just come off a long flight. I didn't know about this shuttle locator app. I'll have to give it a try.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uscjeff
I frequently fly out of AS/AA from T6 and I generally find its quicker just to walk from Park N Fly. I do pack super light though. Arriving I find the shuttles can take forever and especially in the summer I do not mind the walk. With that being said Parking Spot's shuttle locator app does help now too. YMMV
Agreed - I'm willing to walk to any terminal from Park N Fly if I'm alone. Faster, usually, and a nice way to stretch your legs before/after sitting for hours.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I've never used this service, but I heard of a similar one in DFW.

Airport Valet of LAX

I don't remember if the DFW one meets you at the terminal, but you pick up a valet from their office and drive with them to the terminal. They take your car and drive it back. They pick you up with your car. The picking up part might be too time consuming though.

Yeah. One thing that irks me with the Parking Spot shuttles is how long you sometimes have to wait when you've just come off a long flight. I didn't know about this shuttle locator app. I'll have to give it a try.
before the advent of uber, I've used this before when I'm running late, and always when i'm traveling for work because it's pricey.

Their location is on the right side of century right before you drive into airport. You drive thru their driveway, someone hops into your car, you drive yourself to your terminal, and the guy takes your car back to park in your lot. As you return, you call them as you land, they are there waiting for you as you exit, and your car is waiting curbside at LAX with the valet guy there. You can leave him there at the curb - one of his colleagues will pick him up, but I usually just drop them back off since it's on the way out of the airport.

I've had a good experience with them, but also haven't used them in many years.

http://www.laxparkingcurbexpress.com/
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:23 pm

LAX - Stay, Park and Fly Advice Needed

Hello,

I have been trying to find information on the best Park and Fly hotels in the LAX area but am struggling to decide on the best option.

I arrive at LAX on a Thursday late night, fly out Friday and return on Sunday lunch time.

I'm looking for a hotel that allows me to leave my car there until my return.

The best I can find is Four Points but the price seems to increase every 20 minutes (no joke... it's gone up 3 times since I started looking an hour ago).

I wondered if anyone knew of hotels with free parking that I could leave me car in instead or know of any other hotels, reasonable priced (under $180 per night) that I might not have come across.

Thank you in advance for any advice
K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.