Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:55 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Thanks for that. Will they need to re-clear security?
No. Just remind them to watch the signs so they don't accidentally leave the secured area.

Particularly, as you are exiting Terminal 6 and the Alaska Lounge before heading east down a long hallway toward United's Terminal 7, there is a right turn. They don't want to head straight. If they are confused there are TSA personnel and an LA Airport police kiosk to ask for directions, at roughly the same place as the right turn.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Great. Thanks very much for that.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
So I'm flying UA LAX-BWI in August, I've never done a lounge before. I've been led to believe in the UA board that the United Club spread at around 8 p.m., 9 p.m. might be just cold cuts or equivalent?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aresef
So I'm flying UA LAX-BWI in August, I've never done a lounge before. I've been led to believe in the UA board that the United Club spread at around 8 p.m., 9 p.m. might be just cold cuts or equivalent?
I recall it still having hot soup at that hour, especially at 8pm. Like all UC's, it "snacky" food, decent but not a full meal. Keep in mind, IMO, the LAX UC is about the best UC domestic club, spacious and nicely remodeled.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck
I recall it still having hot soup at that hour, especially at 8pm. Like all UC's, it "snacky" food, decent but not a full meal. Keep in mind, IMO, the LAX UC is about the best UC domestic club, spacious and nicely remodeled.
Thank you. I know they charge for booze, too, but I barely drink so, especially at that hour, I'll settle for tea or something instead.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aresef
Thank you. I know they charge for booze, too, but I barely drink so, especially at that hour, I'll settle for tea or something instead.
Actually all of the house booze is still complimentary.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck
Actually all of the house booze is still complimentary.
I mean I read that stuff that isn't like Miller Lite, Coors Light cost money. Doesn't matter either way to me, since, again, not planning to.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you use TBIT check point with a domestic flight BP?

Have an AS flight but would like to visit the PF Chang, a Priority Pass contracted restaurant, at TBIT for lunch before the AS flight departing at 3:25pm.

I know TBIT is connected to T4-5-6-7 thru Airside Corridors with about 5 to 8 min walk to go thru each corridor.

DPs are much appreciated.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@Marjoboston

The time of the day determines which path is faster.

For your 6am arrival and 830am connecting flight, I believe using the T4 Pre would be quicker than using the connector check point which could be like a zoo in the morning hours.
In the early afternoon the check point at the connector is almost empty hardly any passenger, But during the flight bank of international arrivals in the morning, that place is a mad house based on our memory while T4 has much less passengers.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by markoboston
I am confused about different accounts I've read about minimizing transfer time international to domestic. In some accounts, I've read that it's always fastest to use the security checkpoint in the terminal connector between TBIT and Terminal 4. In other accounts, I've read that the terminal connector does not have a separate line for TSA Pre, or that the main security checkpoint for Terminal 4 is generally very quick and does offer TSA Pre.

I will be landing on an international AA flight at a little after 6:00 a.m. on a Wednesday, assuming it's on time. I have Global Entry but anticipate that I will be held up waiting to take a checked bag through customs. My goal then (especially if my incoming flight is late) will be to minimize time passing through security to make an 8:30 domestic connecting flight in Terminal 4. Should I head for the terminal connector or walk up the road to Terminal 4 and enter through its security checkpoint?

Thanks once again!
Time of day is a big factor. Early AM, there are lots of Qantas pax connecting to AA and they jam up the TBIT arrival level (connector) TSA. T4 precheck will definitely be quicker.

Late mornings or early afternoon when there are relatively few int'l arrivals, the TBIT arrival level TSA is pretty empty.

The good news for anyone coming out of TBIT custom is you can see the line at TBIT arrival leval TSA. If that line looks long, you can turn around and head for the exit to curb side and walk to T4.

Originally Posted by Happy
Can you use TBIT check point with a domestic flight BP?

Have an AS flight but would like to visit the PF Chang, a Priority Pass contracted restaurant, at TBIT for lunch before the AS flight departing at 3:25pm.

I know TBIT is connected to T4-5-6-7 thru Airside Corridors with about 5 to 8 min walk to go thru each corridor.

DPs are much appreciated.
You should be fine with using TBIT TSA but the walk from T4 to TBIT is not that different than walking all the way to TBIT.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 8, 2018 at 1:53 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bzcat
You should be fine with using TBIT TSA but the walk from T4 to TBIT is not that different than walking all the way to TBIT.
AS flight departs from T6. Our flight is in late afternoon but we would check out Hilton LAX by 11am.

So the plan, if it works, is to clear security at TBIT, (online check in to get the AS BPs) and then head to PF Chang to use the Priority Pass benefit. After lunch, walk all the way to T6 for our late afternoon flight.

Alternatively, check in at T6 and hope our F waitlist would clear (highly unlikely). Walk to T4 to clear security, Priority Pass also has a contracted restaurant at T4 (Campanile). We can have lunch there instead of PF Chang at TBIT. Walk back to T6 via airside corridor.

What would you pick?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
PF Chang is definitely not worth the walk to TBIT. But if you are getting dropped off by Hilton shuttle, it's fine to go there first. PP member also has access to the KE lounge at TBIT.

Alternatively, PP members can access the AS lounge in T6 which should be below capacity in the afternoon. The pancake machine at the AS lounge is great if you really want free food.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
The pancake machine at the AS lounge is great if you really want free food.
I don’t know if things have changed but they used to only have it out during breakfast hours. I did have a chance to use one at a hotel earlier this year and it is pretty nifty.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Barney's Beanery in T2 is now part of Priority Pass (for all hours other than breakfast). Worth a stop (when the other option for me is the T2 DL lounge)?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717

I don’t know if things have changed but they used to only have it out during breakfast hours. I did have a chance to use one at a hotel earlier this year and it is pretty nifty.
It was out at dinnertime a couple of weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.