Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:56 pm

Lounge access at LAX

I'm going to be flying LR LAX-SJO early next year, and will have to be at LAX for a long period of time before the flight, so I'm looking to find some decent lounge access. I'm not a member of any lounges and don't have enough status to get automatic access to one, so I'll have to find one where I can purchase daily access. My flight leaves out of T2, and as far as I can tell, none of the lounges there (AC, NZ, HA, and AF, I believe) offer daily access.

My flight also leaves at 1:31 AM, and most lounges seem to close at midnight at the latest, which is probably about when I'd want to start heading for the gate.

So, I could use the reLAX lounge, which I believe is before security between T3 and T4 -- do people have thoughts on this? Is it worth it?

Alternatively, if I wanted to access a lounge in another terminal, would TSA let me past security on a boarding pass for T2? I could get a UA RCC pass, in that case -- although I've heard mixed things about RCC, I'm a UA FFer, so it makes sense. Or, if TSA lets me into whatever terminal I want, I might be able to check out other lounges. I've heard good things about AA AC, and it looks like I could buy access there.

So -- does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: *G
continental
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:40 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Los Angeles Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:55 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
In general you cannot go airside at LAX for lounge access unless the airline operating the lounge clears you 24 hours ahead (AA does this for AC members, but not for day passes; presumably UA is similar for RCC, etc.). In any case ReLAX is landside at TBIT and is the nicest of the lounges you would have available to you, also reasonably priced. The drawback is no plumbing in the lounge (no showers or toilets). Another alternative is the Endeavour bar/restaurant (in the spider building at the center of LAX), which is better than most lounges and doesn't cost much more.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 6:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
Originally Posted by number_6
...Another alternative is the Endeavour bar/restaurant (in the spider building at the center of LAX), which is better than most lounges and doesn't cost much more.
don't you mean Encounter restaurant?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:07 pm

Yeah, looks like Encounter.

Thanks for the tips -- since I'd like to be in the lounge rather late, I think reLAX looks like a much better option than Encounter. Hopefully it will be quieter there and I can get some work done as well.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I will be coming in from Mexico on an AS flight and connecting to a DL domestic flight. Am hoping to stop by this lounge for a bit using Priority Pass. Is there any way for me to access the TBIT airside lounges that PP uses if Im flying out on DL or am I out of luck on that one. Relax doesnt seem to have free wine/beer, and I dont feel like walking through the underground tunnel to access the CO lounge if there are better options (w/food!) in TBIT!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Tried to visit the reLAX lounge today and it was closed for a private party!!! I found that to be really annoying since many people rely on this lounge for their international travels. I suspect premium pax on other airlines were given other options, but PP pax were certainly not. They should have roped off part of the lounge, but not shut it down entirely to "members" with access.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:34 pm

Apparently Diners Club cardholders can now access this lounge for free.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there hours for this lounge? I refuse to believe what I see on PP now that I trekked all the way out of security to see this lounge only to find that it was CLOSED for some private party last week...I was livid, but just didnt want to deal with PP to handle it. They should NOT be allowed to do that without advanced notice IMO.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are there hours for this lounge? I refuse to believe what I see on PP now that I trekked all the way out of security to see this lounge only to find that it was CLOSED for some private party last week...I was livid, but just didnt want to deal with PP to handle it. They should NOT be allowed to do that without advanced notice IMO.
Just curious - how did you want the advance notice to occur? Email to everyone who has a PP who might be stopping by or a text to your cell phone (which might irritate you if you weren't going to be in LA), or post it on their website?

While I understand your irritation w/ them being closed (and I would be too), I'm guessing they're not closed all the time so it could be a 1-up. Given Relax doesn't seem to have free booze, perhaps the alternate would have been The Daily Grill at TBIT.

Cheers.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Plat- 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold\
how do they track how long you have been in the club? what if you paid for an hour but stayed for three?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: QF Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Tried to visit the reLAX lounge today and it was closed for a private party!!! I found that to be really annoying since many people rely on this lounge for their international travels. I suspect premium pax on other airlines were given other options, but PP pax were certainly not.
I've used the reLAX lounge several times on PP (generally when picking up inbound friends) and find it rather average. If you have PP and are traveling, the KAL lounge airside is much much nicer, good selection of beverages, small sandwiches, fruit/veggies & dip, etc. A very nice perk is bagging a small bottle or two of some Korean brand spring water before boarding.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:38 pm

8 hours in LAX - lounge options? Any with showers?

I am going to have 8 hours layover at LAX before departing to HKG via Cathay Pacific.
I will arrive at Terminal 8 and departing from the International terminal.
I am looking for a lounge in LAX with day pass option, preferably with shower.

I read about the reLaX lounge but are there any other options?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I'm not sure about the relative locations at LAX, but a Delta SKY Club-One Day Pass is a pretty good deal at $15: http://tinyurl.com/2g7q7zf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.