FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/477264-lounges-lax-access-showers-questions-one-consolidated-thread.html)

CPMaverick Jul 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Excellent! ^

I am flying ANA in paid Biz next week, I beleive with *G that allows me to use the First Class lounge. When i have good lounge access, I'll generally be plenty early for my flight (especially at TBIT). I will report back my findings.

Kiwi Flyer Jul 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick (Post 8101171)
Excellent! ^

I am flying ANA in paid Biz next week, I beleive with *G that allows me to use the First Class lounge. When i have good lounge access, I'll generally be plenty early for my flight (especially at TBIT). I will report back my findings.

Unlikely. Generally (with very few exceptions) the *G designated lounge is to the business class lounge, not first class.

CPMaverick Jul 22, 2007 11:20 pm

Well, twice before I've flown ANA in Paid Business and they offered me the better of their two lounges (or my choice). I flew with others who were not * G and they didn't get that choice (but I brought them in).

I don't remember the lounge names exactly, this was over a year ago. But Paid Biz on ANA with *G got you an 'upgraded' lounge.

Not sure if this will still be the case. Guess I'll find out soon!

mwalsh Jul 24, 2007 4:01 pm

Any news on the new BA lounge(s)?

ihate2fly Aug 2, 2007 1:00 am

Paraphrased from the LAWA site:

Shared Use Lounge Project

Star Alliance hired Swinerton Builders to construct the lounge on the Fifth Floor, south side. It is complete; they opened July 24, 2007.

OneWorld Lounge hired Swinerton Builders to construct the lounge on the Fifth Floor, north side. They plan to be complete in October of 2007.

SkyTeam Alliance hired Illig Construction Company to construct the lounge on the Fourth Floor, south side. They plan to be complete in October of 2007.

The LAX International Lounge, previously known as the LAX Shared Use Lounge, hired Hearlson Construction, Inc. They plan to be complete on August 13, 2007.

- Hope the LAX International Lounge is open then. I have a flight out the night of August 14th. If so, will take some pics and let you know.

Kiwi Flyer Aug 2, 2007 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by ihate2fly (Post 8160865)
OneWorld Lounge hired Swinerton Builders to construct the lounge on the Fifth Floor, north side. They plan to be complete in October of 2007.

Fingers crossed it is before my flight in October.

dave_SEA Mar 4, 2008 8:31 am

Lounge in LAX where I can work from...

I arrive in LAX at 8:45 am and need to get online for a few hours right away. I won't have time to get my rental and into the city, so I'm wondering if there is an in airport facility that is relaltively quiet and I can get some work done.

I am AA gold, but not a member of Admirals club.

Any advice is appreciated.

YVR Cockroach Mar 4, 2008 10:50 am

You're there just on a layover? Most of the lounges are airside so unless you have a BP for the connecting flight in that terminal, you can't access the lounge there. You might help by stating which airlines/terminals you're flying into and out of.

dave_SEA Mar 4, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm flying AA from DFW. (Not sure which terminal this is though)

It is not a layover, howver I'm ok staying behind security until I'm ready to leave the airport.

michellemck99 Mar 4, 2008 2:14 pm

I think this should be easy for you.

DFW to LAX will land in LAX's Terminal 4. Before you exit security, you'll be able to enter the Admirals Club which is inside the Terminal. Looks like you can buy a day pass for $50, which will give you WiFi access for free (info here).

LoungeGuide.Net's review of the Club is here.

Redhead Mar 5, 2008 8:59 am

A day pass to the AC is your best bet. Just be sure (like all good FT'rs) to not check luggage - otherwise it'll be gone by the time you leave the club.

dave_SEA Mar 6, 2008 7:42 am

Thanks...

Aside from thr AAdmirals, does anyone know if there is a quiet area in the terminal where you can sit with a laptop? In DFW, there are small SAMSUNG sitting areas that are really neat and great for plugging in a laptop and using your aircard.

itsaboutthejourney Mar 8, 2008 6:06 pm

LAX is installing those Samsung sponsored kiosks, but T4 is pretty noisy and not exactly suitable for work. The AC is pretty nice, but not exactly worth the $50 unless it's a really urgent proposal. T4 is covered by T-Mobile HotSpot, but you have to pay (unless in the AC).

TheMadBrewer Mar 8, 2008 6:52 pm

The Sheraton Four Points LAX has free wifi -- probably other hotels do as well. Hop shuttle and you're there. (Better after 3pm when the beer bar, TH Brewsters, is open :) )

BayAreaPilot Jun 24, 2008 11:59 pm

Does Air China have a lounge in LAX terminal 2? If not, how late do the *A lounges stay open? I'm guessing nowhere near late enough for the Air China 1:40am departure to PEK.