Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Can't comment on the above question, but adding some pics from my recent TBIT * Alliance Lounge visit about 2 weeks ago, before walking to T7 and my United flight.

I typically take a parking shuttle and get dropped off at TBIT. TSA-Pre line is always empty, and I was dropped off and at the lounge entrance in under 5 minutes.

One quick comment, the United app boarding pass had a really hard time scanning for the Lounge computer to get in, took about 10 times

Great visit, and about a 15 min walk to T7. Worth it!

Self server bar (below), plus regular bar (above photo)

Outdoor patio:
​​​​​​​
TWA884 likes this.

Last edited by tstauck; Oct 31, 2019 at 10:43 am Reason: Add Pictures
Old Oct 31, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Hello!

Struggling with access rules here - maybe someone can help! I’m flying on an Alaska-issued award ticket MEL/LAX/BOS. One ticket - Qantas Biz to LA and the Alaska F to Boston. What lounges do I have access to? I guess for sure the Alaska lounge, but they have no showers. Do I can TBIT Oneworld lounge access if I’m inbound in Oneworld and connecting to a Oneworld partner? Usually it’s longhaul segment defines access right? Can I also use the AA Club? I’ve tried to read but can’t find anything clear enough! Please help if you can!
You need to be admitted to the OW or AA lounge based on the OW class of service connecting access rules. The OW rules on this says you have to arrive on an int'l long haul J class (ok in this case) AND be departing on a OneWorld short haul (i.e. basically AA flights ex-LAX). I don't think the AS flight counts because it is not OW operated flight. You can try and the worse thing that can happen is you have to walk to T6 to use the AS lounge.

This is the rules from OW website:

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

Last edited by bzcat; Oct 31, 2019 at 1:39 pm
Old Jul 5, 2021, 12:48 pm

AA T4 open T5 closed

AAdmirals club in T4 is open, T5 club is closed.
Connector walkway airside is open, allow 5mins.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Are any showers available at LAX currently? Traveling Alaska First and I’m BA Silver so have l access to the AS lounge, I assume also AA by virtue of BA Silver, and I also have priority pass and an AXP Plat. I assume any showers are unavailable “due to COVID” but it’s hard to find firm info
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by River in Sight
Are any showers available at LAX currently? Traveling Alaska First and I’m BA Silver so have l access to the AS lounge, I assume also AA by virtue of BA Silver, and I also have priority pass and an AXP Plat. I assume any showers are unavailable “due to COVID” but it’s hard to find firm info
Alaska Lounge doesn't have showers at all. It's fairly small but is a reasonable way to get out of the terminal crowds and not be far from your gate. There will be a waitlist sign for PP members outside the elevator. It sounds like you're on a paid F ticket, so you can ignore the waitlist and just go up and show your boarding pass to get in.

I haven't been to the AA lounge, but I think the current consensus in the AS forum is that the AS lounge is better right now. If you're arriving internationally at TBIT you could go back through security at TBIT or T4 and stop at the AA lounge on the way to T6 - everything is connected airside on that side of the airport.

Priority Pass at LAX is down to the Alaska Lounge and the (closed) KAL Lounge. All the restaurant partners have left.

It looks like your AXP Plat will get you into the DL lounge if you're on a DL flight, but not for an AS flight. It's also on the wrong side of the airport and not connected airside, so would require a large amount of connection time to get to a shower and get to T6 if you're coming in at TBIT.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Any update on the Lounge situation at LAX? Centurion still showing closed and PriorityPass doesn't list a single lounge for the airport. Is the SkyClub my only option?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Any update on the Lounge situation at LAX? Centurion still showing closed and PriorityPass doesn't list a single lounge for the airport. Is the SkyClub my only option?
CL still closed; no PP options at LAX according to recent posts here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1913928-centurion-lounge-lax-s-tbit-opened-march-9-2020-temporarily-closed-june-2021-a-28.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1887766-lax-priority-pass-other-options-23.html
Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Shame, guess SkyClub it is
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:54 am

LAX lounge problem

Taking an Air France flight from LAX next week. The AMEX Centurion lounge is closed and the only lounge I could get in to is the Delta sky Miles lounge but that is in building two and I am pretty sure the plane will leave from Bradley. Is there any way to check into my flight and still use this lounge in building two?

Side question- what are the Air France business and first class customers using in Bradley since both the centurion and Korean lounges are closed as they tear the building apart? Maybe I could get into their alternative lounge by paying the fee and using my American Express platinum.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ente_09
Taking an Air France flight from LAX next week. The AMEX Centurion lounge is closed and the only lounge I could get in to is the Delta sky Miles lounge but that is in building two and I am pretty sure the plane will leave from Bradley. Is there any way to check into my flight and still use this lounge in building two?

Side question- what are the Air France business and first class customers using in Bradley since both the centurion and Korean lounges are closed as they tear the building apart? Maybe I could get into their alternative lounge by paying the fee and using my American Express platinum.
We had a similar question recently asked in the connections and transfers thread. Here is a quote of the question and my answers:
Originally Posted by TWA884
Originally Posted by Bacardi 151
Some general LAX access questions, I have an international flight, both checkin and the gate is out of TBIT but the lounge is in T2. I also have pre-check and clear:
1) If I drop off my luggage at TBIT then walk to T2 can I get through T2 TSA utilizing pre-check/clear?
Yes, you can access any terminal at LAX with a same day boarding pass for a flight departing from any LAX terminal.

Originally Posted by Bacardi 151
2) Is the airside T2/T3 to TBIT shuttle still operating and if so, how do I find it in T2?
Yes, the airside shuttle between T2 and TBIT is still operating; I believe that it was running every 10 minutes when we took it a couple of weeks ago. The bus departs T2 near Gate 21B. T3 is currently closed for renovations. At TBIT, gates 136-146 are used as bus gates. They are located at the far end of the north concourse.
Originally Posted by TWA884
I suspect that it may be a codeshare flight. If the operating carrier is Air France, those flights now depart from the TBIT West Gates, formerly known as the Midfield Satellite Concourse. That can be as long as a three quarters mile walk from the TBIT bus gates.
And a map of TBIT courtesy of bzcat :
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

They're tearing down Bradley?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
Side question- what are the Air France business and first class customers using in Bradley since both the centurion and Korean lounges are closed as they tear the building apart?
TBIT is not being torn down. It is still in the process of being remodeled and expanded. The West Gates concourse recently opened and they are still working on the construction of the vertical core and the headhouse which will connect the terminal to the Automated People Mover.

The only section of TBIT that is planned to be demolished is the remnant of the old concourse at the north end of the terminal where gates 135 to 141 and the bus gates are currently located.

These, however, are subjects for discussion in the LAX Construction (2020 and onward), LAX Midfield Satellite Concourse to Add 12 Gates [West Gates Now Open - 15 New Gates] and LAX Landside Access Modernization Program threads.

As far as the question which you quoted, Air France will open a new lounge at the West Gates concourse of the Tom Bradley International Terminal in the spring of 2022.

lsquare likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 17, 2021 at 1:43 pm Reason: Add linked threads
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
keep dreaming.
The way it is set up now, there is often 10 minutes of walking to get to immigration after deplaning
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:40 pm

Exclamation Moderator's Note - Topic Drift

Folks,

This thread is about lounges at LAX, locations, access and amenities.

While some natural deviation from the topic of the thread is perfectly OK, for indexing and future search purposes, please let's keep the focus of the discussion in this thread on lounges.

We have several active threads discussing TBIT and its deficiencies, and airport construction and modernization.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:44 pm

thanks

does this mean the only way I can use the Delta lounge in T2 is to check in, drop off luggage and then bus/walk to T2, go through security at T2 ( will they let us in with Bradley gate tkts?) and then go back to Bradley for another security for boarding.. Does not sound like a restful stay in the lounge.. How long is the walk from T2 to Bradley because the bus may be longer (one leg will be in the opposite direction)
Again--- what are the AF business/first class pax doing for lounge access?

Am I missing something.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.