Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Barney's Beanery in T2 is now part of Priority Pass (for all hours other than breakfast). Worth a stop (when the other option for me is the T2 DL lounge)?
The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in T2 is also open to Priority Pass, but only in the mornings from 5am to 10:45am (10:30am beginning November 4, 2018).
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, Delta, Hilton
I would chose the DL lounge. Barney's Beanery in T2 simply not that exciting.

Last edited by zoefish; Oct 10, 2018 at 11:11 am Reason: (clarity)
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bzcat
PF Chang is definitely not worth the walk to TBIT. But if you are getting dropped off by Hilton shuttle, it's fine to go there first. PP member also has access to the KE lounge at TBIT.<br /><br />Alternatively, PP members can access the AS lounge in T6 which should be below capacity in the afternoon. The pancake machine at the AS lounge is great if you really want free food.
Yes, can have the HH shuttle drop us off at TBIT or T4, and walk to T6 airside afterward, as there would be zero possibility to clear the waitlisted F on a late afternoon Transcon Thanksgiving Day. In fact, any day, for that matter on the VX flights.

TBIT is simply a much more pleasant terminal than T6 for spending a few hours. Though there are Wolfgang's at T6 that may work, but the setting is less than preferred.

Been in AS lounge a couple times when flying AS own metal Fs. The impression is AS lounge should be avoided it if there are other options. Does not compare to any of the OneWorld / Star Alliance lounges (not even considering the foods, just the settings) at TBIT. Or even the DL lounge at T2. Not sure how others rave about the pancake machines. No way the pancake machines can compare to PF Chang's foods by the same standard. A basic noodle / rice dish at PF Chang would beat the pancake machines by miles in my book. But of course food is very subjective.

Unfortunately just found out Campanile at T4 left PP in less than a month after joining. Must be over-utilized than the business has anticipated. I imagine PP cardholders flying out of T4, 5 and 6 all flocked there to use their benefits, with some did not leave tips... So it is no more in such short order.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 14, 2018 at 11:16 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by zoefish
I would chose the DL lounge. Barney's Beanery in T2 simply not that exciting.
Barney's Beanery was proudly displaying its "C" rating from the LA County health department. (I'd imagine it might be the cleanest restaurant in the airport now, trying to get rid of its scarlet letter.) The DL Lounge in T2 has a B rating.

Wow
zoefish likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, Delta, Hilton
Barney's Beanery was proudly displaying its "C" rating from the LA County health department. (I'd imagine it might be the cleanest restaurant in the airport now, trying to get rid of its scarlet letter.) The DL Lounge in T2 has a B rating.

Wow
Excited to see you Eastbay1K. Thank you for all the fab-u-lous trip reports.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Barney's Beanery in T2 is now part of Priority Pass (for all hours other than breakfast). Worth a stop (when the other option for me is the T2 DL lounge)?
It is reported that Barneys (like Campanile) will not longer participate in the PP program. I see this as a major loss for WN customers (Barneys was the closest option for T1) but others may differ. The Virgin lounge in T2 may now be the best option on the north side of the airport, assuming your flight departs before 11am as it shuts to PP members around 10am.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:12 pm

that would have to be some nasty kind of flight delay to incent me to clear security 2 or 3 times at multiple terminals just for some crappy free snacks
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:56 pm

Delta one lounge access

flying delta one from LAX to Tokyo in December. Flight appears to depart from TBIT, but all the delta one check in experience and sky clubs are in T2... is it worth checking in there and taking the shuttle? Or just skip and go straight to TBIT? I also am not sure what lounges I would be allowed in TBIT... it looks like maybe KAL but they are not open in the morning when my flight departs
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jonathan m
it looks like maybe KAL but they are not open in the morning when my flight departs
The KAL Lounge actually opens at 8:30am. They just don't accept PriorityPass until 12:00 noon.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:06 pm

assuming TSA pre, olci boarding pass, and no checked luggage, i’d be dropped off at T4 60 minutes prior to departure, clear TSA pre security at T2, and get directly to the Bradley gate at 45 minutes prior to departure.

neither the T2 or Bradley lounges available to you are worth arriving to LAX any earlier, though you’d pass right by the KE lounge on the short walk
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
If your flight leaves from TBIT, there is no reason to waste your time with T2 Delta One nonsense or Sky Club. Just do OLCI and go straight to TBIT arrival level or T4 TSA which are closer to the KE lounge than the regular TBIT departure level TSA.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I cant decide whether to go to a lounge or a restaurant with my Priority Pass. Last time I was at LAX, I just spent my layover time at PF Chang. Ill be flying with DL from MSY and suppose to land at T2 and fly out from there with WS. Itll be a 3 hours 46 min. layover. Which point would you guys recommend or even restaurant? What else would you do?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I guess VS Club in T2 is out of the question due to your arrival time?

If you are willing to trek to TBIT for PF Chang, why not just go to KE lounge?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by bzcat
I guess VS Club in T2 is out of the question due to your arrival time?

If you are willing to trek to TBIT for PF Chang, why not just go to KE lounge?
Why would VS Club be out of the question? Im not against going to KE lounge. Have you been there before? Worth going? How long is the walk from T2 to TBIT?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Why would VS Club be out of the question?
VS Club accepts Priority Pass only until 10:30am, though this will change to 11:30am on March 31. Looking at Delta's schedule, if you're on the morning MSY-LAX flight you should be able to use the VS Club since it arrives around 8:30am; the other flights arrive in the afternoon so the VS Club wouldn't be an option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.