Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by garygleck
Looks like we are "screwed". We have an Aer Lingus flight in Terminal 2 and priority pass was linked to the Air Canada lounge in Terminal 2. With the move, I presume we will not have access to a lounge in Terminal 2....
Aer Lingus operates from the Bradley terminal, not T2, and isn't impacted by the move. The KAL (Korean Air) Lounge in Bradley accepts Priority Pass.

EDIT: Ok, so I misread the map. EI is indeed in T2 and staying there.

Last edited by Hawaiian717; May 6, 2017 at 1:17 pm Reason: Apparently I can't tell the difference between 2 and B
Old May 6, 2017, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by garygleck
Looks like we are "screwed". We have an Aer Lingus flight in Terminal 2 and priority pass was linked to the Air Canada lounge in Terminal 2. With the move, I presume we will not have access to a lounge in Terminal 2....
You can access any terminal at LAX with a same day boarding pass for any airline (if challenged, tell them you are going to the lounge).

Old May 12, 2017, 12:20 pm

LoungeReview.com has an article with what's currently known about lounge changes in relation to the move:

https://loungereview.com/lax-may-201...rline-lounges/

Summary:
  • Terminal 2: AC Maple Leaf Lounge converting to DL SkyClub. VS Clubhouse stays.
  • Terminal 3: VX Loft converting to DL SkyClub.
  • Terminal 5: DL SkyClub converting to AA Admirals Club.
  • Terminal 6: AS Alaska Lounge will accept VX First Class and VX Elevate Gold members and offer reduced price day passes to VX Elevate Silver members throughout he end of the year. New AC Maple Leaf Lounge to open with members directed to Terminal 7 United Club in the interim.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
As someone with Priority Pass, flying out from LAX in Terminal 2 today, I'm quite salty about not having lounge access. I didn't pay hundreds in annual fees to not have access to a lounge in one of the largest airports in the US.

I'm only here 2 hours before my flight, so I don't feel like making the trek to Tom Bradley either. I hope things are better after the renovations and the moves are finalized.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:46 pm

LAX TBIT First Class Star Alliance Lounge Access Policy [to be merged]

I'll be flying on F with ANA LAX-HND and will be accessing the First Class Star Alliance lounge in TBIT. I understand I'm allowed one guest but it's not clear what the policy is. My guest will not be flying on a star alliance airline (Korea Air)--can I still bring her in?

The policy here states that I can bring one guest:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

However, the policy here states the guest must also be flying with a Star Alliance partner:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/sta...ss-lounge-lax/

Anyone know if I'm allowed to bring in my friend? Thanks!
Old May 29, 2017, 2:05 am

If you scroll down the page of your first link, you can find the definition of a guest:

Guests
First Class, Star Alliance Gold and Eligible Paid Lounge Membership customers are each entitled to a maximum of one guest. The guest must enter the designated lounge with the Eligible Customer and present a boarding pass for any Star Alliance member airline operated flight departing from the local airport.
So no, if your friend is not on a Star Alliance flight, you can't bring her in.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Flew out of Terminal 7 on a Monday early afternoon and was able to get access to Alaskan Lounge. Food was average, but good selection of beer.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by brenrox
Flew out of Terminal 7 on a Monday early afternoon and was able to get access to Alaskan Lounge. Food was average, but good selection of beer.
The Lounge is Alaska. The Beer is Alaskan
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:10 am

My wife and I are laying over in LAX for four today on our way to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We are flying AA so we should have airside access to TBIT and T4-8. I was hoping to buy day passes to the American lounge, but they are currently not accepting day passes due to construction. We sadly have no credit cards or status that will contribute towards lounge access.

Can anybody advise me on a lounge in T4-8 or TBIT that will allow a newlywed couple on a 16 hour travel day to purchase a day pass?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:43 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by respawn
Can anybody advise me on a lounge in T4-8 or TBIT that will allow a newlywed couple on a 16 hour travel day to purchase a day pass?
Suggest the newly remodeled United Club in T-7. Here is a blogger review: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/uni...ub-lax-review/
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Craig6z
Suggest the newly remodeled United Club in T-7. Here is a blogger review: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/uni...ub-lax-review/
Wow. Just read the review and the lounge sounds awesome. The missus and I are definitely going to check it out when we arrive in a couple of hours. Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:51 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by respawn
Did you check the following thread in the American Airlines forum?
Also, the Korean Air Lounge at TBIT admits Priority Pass members (currently an annual membership is discounted to $74 and admission is $27 each for a member and a guest).
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:07 pm

Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question about connection time from TBIT to T6 was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Los Angeles moderator
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:04 pm

LAX Admirals Club Update

From One Mile at a Time:
  • American will be closing the Terminal 4 Admirals Club as of September 5, 2017. This will allow American to speed up the construction of the lounge, and is also being done since at the moment the lounge is so unpleasant, given how overcrowded it is and also how loud the construction is.
  • American will be opening the new Terminal 5 Admirals Club this month, which will become the primary lounge for the time being. There will be a temporary guest services center in Terminal 4 to assist customers and provide limited light snacks and beverages.
  • The new Terminal 5 Admirals Club will feature expanded food options.
  • American will temporarily be relocating their A321T flights to JFK to Terminal 5, so that they’re closer to the lounge.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: VS Gold
Hi all,

I have a 3 hour layover at LAX in December. Doing LHR-LAX-AKL , LHR-LAX on VS arriving into T2 and onto Auckland on NZ from Tom Bradley.

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to grab a shower and refresh up a bit during the layover. Does anyone know if there are any showers in TBIT for someone who may not have lounge access?
Alternatively... I may have access to the VS Clubhouse in T2 thanks to my Virgin Gold card, but I am not sure if I can enter T2 with my boarding pass to AKL which departs from TBIT. Even if I can, I imagine I would have to leave T2, and re-enter TBIT, or is there any kind of airside transfer between T2 and TBIT?

Thanks very much.

Edit: Just to add, I have GE and therefore TSA-Pre

Last edited by SlimpyJones; Nov 27, 2017 at 8:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.