Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
The TBIT Skyteam lounge is scheduled to close tomorrow, Jan 20 to move to the 'new' Skyteam lounge. However while they list Jan 20 as the closing date of the old Skyteam lounge, it does not specifically say its the opening date of the new lounge. Does anyone know?
There was no signage for the new Skyteam lounge when I was there a day or so ago.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
While I still haven't heard any first hand accounts or official announcements I noticed KE changed the map on their web page to reflect the new location and added a picture that appears to be the entrance to the new lounge. The date on new terminal map says EFF. 2014. 01 .27 so I interpret that to mean the new lounge is live. I wonder if there was a one week gap between the 20th closing date of the old lounge and the 27th date shown on the new map. In any case I go through there next week so if no one else reports first I'll investigate this apparent development.

Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:08 am

I was at the LAX yesterday to do an interview for GE and got a chance to ask a lady at KE counter if the new lounge has already opened. She confirmed that the old lounge has been closed and relocated to a new one inside the great hall.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: Airplanes!
Yes. Confirming.
I was there just last week.
It has very nice sweeping views of the new Tom Bradley. They weren't quite fully set up yet at the time but I imagine they will be more set up soon. Also they only seem to be allowing KE flights only at the moment so it's pretty nice and quiet. Other SkyTeam member flights will get vouchers to use in the terminal.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Global Entry
Under the Korean Air forum folks are reporting that Priority Pass is not currently being accepted at this lounge. Which is a bummer because I bought PP specifically to access this lounge in March.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea...ounge-lax.html
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by FromMAtoAZ
Under the Korean Air forum folks are reporting that Priority Pass is not currently being accepted at this lounge. Which is a bummer because I bought PP specifically to access this lounge in March.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea...ounge-lax.html
Not to worry. I'm sitting in the new lounge right now on Priority Pass. No problem.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Not to worry. I'm sitting in the new lounge right now on Priority Pass. No problem.
Thanks for the response Mabuk! Now I know I can enjoy some relaxation before my insanely long trip to DXB on Emirates.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:34 pm

Anybody have a guess on which lounge Etihad will be using when they initiate service to LAX on June 1st?

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Cohall
Anybody have a guess on which lounge Etihad will be using when they initiate service to LAX on June 1st?

Thanks.
Probably the OneWorld lounge in TBIT.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Cohall

Thanks.
With the inaugural LAX-AUH flight happening on June 1st, they've updated their lounges page to show that they will be using the Star Alliance lounge.

While I've not personally been to it, the photos I've seen make it appear to be a very nice lounge.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
New OneWorld lounged opened last week... first review is here: http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-los-a...usiness-lounge
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:10 am

The new TBIT "International Lounge" (nonaffiliated) is open. Not impressed. Will comment later. Boarding soon.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta GM; Fly Clear; Amex Reserve
A buddy of mine is flying coach on Air Tahiti in January for a honeymoon and I wanted to get him and his wife a lounge pass but I'm having trouble seeing which lounges sell one day pass access. Even if the designated Air Tahiti lounge isn't possible, would the skyteam lounge accept a delta one day pass? I don't care what lounge it is, as long as its in the International terminal... thanks!!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does AC Maple Leaf honor priority pass if traveling from a different terminal now that the airport allows free access to any terminal with day of departure boarding pass?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:07 am

Review with photos of the Star Alliance First Class Lounge at LAX:
http://www.loungeguide.net/Star-Alli...=548f2f50ba1fd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.