Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

Print Wikipost

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to LAX Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:17 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Great lounge but don't buy it for the food/drinks or you will be disappointed -- better to go to several of the quite good bars at LAX instead for that! Once I was so fed up with the Oneworld F lounge (to which I had free access and has fairly nice drinks) that I paid for the ReLAX lounge instead ... for the quiet, space and privacy. Pricing is a bargain compared to the airline lounges, plus it is outside of security so anyone can use it.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I have an alternate suggestion.

I live in north LA County and really like The Daily Grill. It's a high quality chain restaurant. I usually go to their Burbank location across the street from the airport.

A couple of months ago I had two hours to burn at LAX. I attended a class near the airport, then had to pick up friends coming home. I drove down Century looking for some kind of nice restaurant, and saw The Daily Grill in the Westin!

Wow! I turned in to their parking lot and had a nice lunch with the usual excellent service. They even validated my parking.

3 hours might be just right. Get a shuttle to the hotel, have a nice lunch, relax in their lobby, then go back. That might suit your needs, might not.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Thanks to my Priority Pass membership, I frequent the ReLAX Lounge quite a bit, mainly for arrivals as it's located landside. I use it especially when waiting for my shuttle to pick me up and take me back home to the Antelope Valley and is always nicer than spending the duration in the chaotic food court.

Drinks wise: juices in cans, a limited amount of fountain soft drinks (RC, lemonade), and bottled water is complimentary. Indeed most other beverages like alcoholic ones and energy drinks will cost you though unfortunately I forgot the pricing off the top of my head. However, as a PP member, I'm able to receive one coupon for a single alcoholic beverage though I don't know if they extend this amenity to regular pay-to-use guests.

Snack wise, they have those tower dispensers filled with Chex Mix, Cheeze-its, and pretzels. Occasionally they'll have mini sandwiches in the fridge which are not exactly filling but still complimentary. (one interesting point is that I saw those same sandwiches and packaging as a snack cart offering in my flight on SQ F ). One nice feature, though, is that you're able take outside food into the lounge, provided that you make sure to dispose of the tray and contents outside the lounge once finished. It's a much more relaxing alternative instead of fighting your way through the crowds and trying to find an empty table in the upper mezzanine. I usually go grab a couple hot dogs from Pinks and enjoy it in the relatively relaxing confines of the ReLAX lounge. ^

I'm curious though: what terminals are you arriving and departing from?

And I totally feel for you, number_6. While I preferred the amenities of the *A Lounge, it was always pretty crowded whenever I visited of which the ReLAX Lounge provided something quite opposite. Nowadays though, I usually use the ST Lounge as it can be accessed by PP members and is usually not as bustling as the *A Lounge upstairs. In those cases, I still use the ReLAX Lounge while waiting for the check-in counters to open.^

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I live in north LA County and really like The Daily Grill. It's a high quality chain restaurant. I usually go to their Burbank location across the street from the airport.

A couple of months ago I had two hours to burn at LAX. I attended a class near the airport, then had to pick up friends coming home. I drove down Century looking for some kind of nice restaurant, and saw The Daily Grill in the Westin!
While indeed there's one Daily Grill located down in Century and is easily accessible via the hotel shuttle, there's an even more convenient location: inside TBIT itself on the same floor as the ReLAX Lounge. ^
Old Apr 25, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
While indeed there's one Daily Grill located down in Century and is easily accessible via the hotel shuttle, there's an even more convenient location: inside TBIT itself on the same floor as the ReLAX Lounge.
True, and I should have mentioned that. The Daily Grill inside the TBIT has a limited menu. (If memory serves me correctly, it's a "Daily Grill Express".) That is an excellent alternative, should the OP not want to leave the airport.

I know the Antelope Valley well. I get my car serviced in Lancaster.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
The Daily Grill inside the TBIT has a limited menu.
That unfortunately I failed to mention, thanks for the correction. 'tis what happens when one keeps on ordering the skirt steak no matter which one he goes to. I honestly can't get enough of that stuff!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL
Layover details - arriving TBIT 7PM, departing on AA (terminal 4) 11PM. Am thinking about an Admirals Club day pass which would also allow me to hang out at IAD after my 7AM arrival the next day. However, one can get a pretty decent meal with a couple of decent beers for $50..... more than I'd get in the Club for the same investment. I like the idea of going to a "real" restaurant in the airport, but my experiences elsewhere have been marginal at best. If the food court and ReLAX have decent offerings, then that's fine with me but the term "food court" makes my stomach grumble. Leaving the airport is OK as long as the transport is dependable and frequent (or a cheap cab fare).
Old May 10, 2011, 7:42 pm

Location: Weekdays: LAX; Weekends (when not in a metal tube): LPC
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Air Pacific

We'll be flying LAX-NAN (Fiji) on Air Pacific in a few weeks. Does FJ's relationship with QF (QF owns 46% of FJ, I believe) allow us to use the OW lounges at TBIT?

I don't think OW Emerald (AA EXP) status gets us entry since we're not flying out on a OW flight. But would it get us access to the OW First lounge if the FJ/QF relationship gets us entry into the OW system?

Does the fact that this is an AA award ticket matter at all?

Thanks,

JK
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: many
Lounges in LAX

I am not sure if this is the right area to post, please advise if I would get a better response in a different area.

I will be flying through LAX with a 4 hour layover between 7pm-11pm and have access to the Maple Leaf, Air France, United UA/CO, Air New Zealand, Skyteam KAL, Star Alliance, and Swiss Lounges.

Which of these might provide better food and alcohol options? I'd prefer an open bar versus bartender and possibly somewhat better food than trail mix crackers and carrots.

The only Maple Leaf lounge I've been to is in Vancouver and I actually enjoyed it (salad and soup and open bar). United clubs' snack food is a joke. I was in a Air France club in IAD but that was 2004 and not LAX. And I've never been in a Swiss or AirNZ lounge specific lounge just other *A lounges.

I have checked out loungeguide but was looking for more insight than what that non-updated site provides.

Thanks for suggestions and feedback.

Last edited by pcharles; Oct 14, 2011 at 7:24 am
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:24 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by pcharles
I'd prefer an open bar versus bartender and possibly somewhat better food than trail mix crackers and carrots.
You can take the United Clubs in T6 and T7 off your list, then.

That being said, since all the clubs you mention are in different terminals that are largely not connected gateside, I would give myself ample time to make my way over to the departure terminal and clear security.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
pcharles-you may get more opinions if you list your departing airline from LAX. Also, you may want to verify the operating hours of lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by 1st Cav Vet
pcharles-you may get more opinions if you list your departing airline from LAX. Also, you may want to verify the operating hours of lounge.
Thanks!

I'm trying to verify the hours to the best of my ability. All seem to be open during the hours I will be there (evening). Loungeguide.net is not even close to current and priority pass offers very little in detailed information.

I am arriving in on DL (likely terminal 5) and eventually will need to make my way via the tram to TBIT for the flight out on FJ.

The options I considered are to either head to Term 2 that contain the AF, AC, NZ clubs - OR - head to TBIT for the *A or ST KAL clubs? Going to both Term 2 for a little while and then the club at TBIT would be fine. I am trying to prioirtize which of the clubs.

Security is a hassle but I have priority access and I can handle going through security at Term 2 and then again TB if the club in Term 2 is worth the effort. I've been flying a long time, and most other areas of the airport just no longer hold my interest. I dont shop, I prefer not to have to pay airport bar tabs if possible (its why I have club memberships to begin with). My concern is that at TB terminal, I looks as though there really isnt anything outside of the clubs to enjoy there. My travel companions will need to hit duty free before the flight, if its in TBIT, cool. That wont take long. I dont shop.

My priority pass (ameriprise) will get fellow guests in no charge and the CO PP gets at least one (if not two) additional guests in.

Help this helps?
Thanks you guys!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:14 am

Hey All,
Still looking for any up to date reports, feedback, and advice in the better clubs at LAX?

Does terminal two with AF, AC and NZ better the clubs at TBIT with *A and KE?

Any advice if which are the better if the clubs at terminal 2?

And out if the two at TBIT, the better of?

Thanks Everyone.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
Hey All,
Still looking for any up to date reports, feedback, and advice in the better clubs at LAX?

Does terminal two with AF, AC and NZ better the clubs at TBIT with *A and KE?

Any advice if which are the better if the clubs at terminal 2?

And out if the two at TBIT, the better of?

Thanks Everyone.
I think an earlier post asked about your departing airline. I don't think you will have access to any lounges in T2 if you are departing from another terminal. TSA won't let you pass. Most of the LAX terminals are not interconnected, except terminals 6-7-8.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You won't have access to T2 and it is not terribly convenient to T5 anyways. If you don't have much luggage, the walk from T5 to TBIT is not far at all and may be more convenient than the shuttle. I would head straight to TBIT and do any duty free shopping there and hit the clubs there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.