Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 7, 18, 10:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat Plus
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

See Current LAWA LAX Terminals Map and Airlines Listing Key here

Brief overview of all lounges, rankings, access rules, and amenities:
https://loungereview.com/ultimate-gu...-lounge-scene/

Complete list of lounges with full reviews and details:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/lax/

As of June 2014, new TBIT lounges for all three alliances are open and in full operation
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Dec 12, 10, 1:09 pm
  #196  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LAX
Programs: United Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Posts: 462
If you want to relax for 8 hours, you should consider checking into one of the hotels on Century Blvd. This depends on your budget of course.
bloodyeyeballs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 10, 4:06 pm
  #197  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern California
Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 306
Terminal 8 sounds like United Airlines or American Eagle. In any case you will have a haul to the International Terminal (Bradley-Terminal 4). I will guess you will have to have a trip through TSA Security to get to International gates. If you are a member of the private company "Priority Pass", they may have one or more clubs in International Terminal, but I doubt any would have a shower.
1st Cav Vet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 10, 8:01 pm
  #198  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by Orlando Vic View Post
I'm not sure about the relative locations at LAX, but a Delta SKY Club-One Day Pass is a pretty good deal at $15: http://tinyurl.com/2g7q7zf
I will be flying United then Cathay Pacific and 7-8 hours in between in LAX.
Am i allowed to use the Delta lounge eventhough I will not be flying with them this trip?
ahs2m2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 10, 8:09 pm
  #199  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs View Post
If you want to relax for 8 hours, you should consider checking into one of the hotels on Century Blvd. This depends on your budget of course.
I am trying not to leave the airport. If I factor in the time to claim baggage and the time to check in for my international flight, It's kinda pointless to spend time at the hotel.
ahs2m2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 10, 12:08 pm
  #200  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,188
Originally Posted by ahs2m2 View Post
I will be flying United then Cathay Pacific and 7-8 hours in between in LAX.
Am i allowed to use the Delta lounge eventhough I will not be flying with them this trip?
I know of no airline clubs outside of security. I am pretty certain that TSA would not let you through security into the Delta terminal if you don't have a boarding pass to fly on an airline leaving from that terminal. If you want to be sure, phone Delta.

By "the internatinoal terminal" I assume you mean the Tom Bradley Terminal (several airlines, including United, have international flights from other terminals). The terminal is, I believe, undergoing some renovations, which could affect what lounges are available, but I found references for a Star Alliance lounge and a Cathay Pacific lounge (I think they're separate, since the former is listed as having showers and the latter was not). Air France also listed as having a lounge there. Some airlines have regular club lounges and first class lounges. If you contact Cathay Pacific I'm sure they could give you info, such as day pass rates (unless you're flying international biz class, in which case it should be free). I would use the lounge at your departure, not arrival, terminal so you don't have to guess how long it'll take to get between the two terminals. The free shuttle bus goes counter-clockwise (or, if you want to get some exercise, you could walk).

You could always have lunch or dinner at the Encounter restaurant, in the middle of LAX, if the times work out for you.

Last edited by SoCal; Dec 16, 10 at 12:18 pm
SoCal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 10, 5:35 pm
  #201  
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
Posts: 33,706
Originally Posted by ahs2m2 View Post
I am looking for a lounge in LAX with day pass option, preferably with shower.
You might take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...d-threads.html
cblaisd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 10, 11:56 pm
  #202  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Posts: 19,195
All the lounges at LAX are inside security, except for the reLAX lounge at TBIT -- which doesn't have showers, and really isn't suitable for 8 hours. If you were flying AA, the AC in T4 is excellent, has showers and costs USD 50 for a day pass (which also applies for your departure airport); don't think UA has similar RC in T8, but I try to avoid UA. The CX lounge doesn't offer paid access, actually that is true of all the TBIT airline lounges -- you must be flying J or have status based access. Your other "lounge" choice is a restaurant/bar, either in TBIT (not bad food there) or in the spider building (better view but not so good food). Basically this trip is poorly structured for having a good time at LAX
number_6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 10, 7:42 am
  #203  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,188
Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
All the lounges at LAX are inside security, except for the reLAX lounge at TBIT -- which doesn't have showers, and really isn't suitable for 8 hours. If you were flying AA, the AC in T4 is excellent, has showers and costs USD 50 for a day pass (which also applies for your departure airport); don't think UA has similar RC in T8, but I try to avoid UA. The CX lounge doesn't offer paid access, actually that is true of all the TBIT airline lounges -- you must be flying J or have status based access. Your other "lounge" choice is a restaurant/bar, either in TBIT (not bad food there) or in the spider building (better view but not so good food). Basically this trip is poorly structured for having a good time at LAX
Star Alliance lounge at TBIT also does not offer one-day passes? The restaurant in the "spider building" is called Encounter. I agree: nice views, but food can be okay, and pricey (we had dinner there recently; my duck was excellent, and a good deal, but my wife's ravioli-with-mushrooms was the size of a small appetizer for $22).
SoCal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 10, 9:46 am
  #204  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,188
I was surprised to see, on the Alaska Airlines Web site, that one can use their "Board Room" clubs even when not traveling. Says it's by "special arrangement with the TSA." I don't thnk they have showers, but perhaps a club that does has the same arrangement with TSA. I hadn't heard about this before. One-day pass for the Alaska Airlines clubs is $40. The Alaska Airlines terminal is a short walk from TBIT.
SoCal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 10, 10:45 pm
  #205  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PMD
Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Posts: 728
If you really desire a shower and assuming you don't have Priority Pass membership or oneworld status that allows for lounge access, it would seem that the DL SkyClub in Terminal 5 is your best bet. It's still airside and you don't have to reclear security in order to access it as Terminals 5-8 are linked together (though it's a bit of a hike from Terminal 8 and whatever you do, do NOT exit security if you want to get to that lounge!). You should have no problems accessing it even if you're not flying with them, just need to pay for the day pass and you're set.

Originally Posted by 1st Cav Vet View Post
If you are a member of the private company "Priority Pass", they may have one or more clubs in International Terminal, but I doubt any would have a shower.
The SkyTeam Lounge is indeed one of those lounges and does have showers available. On the other hand, the other TBIT Priority Pass lounge, the ReLAX Lounge, doesn't as number_6 mentioned.

Originally Posted by skoenig View Post
The terminal is, I believe, undergoing some renovations, which could affect what lounges are available, but I found references for a Star Alliance lounge and a Cathay Pacific lounge (I think they're separate, since the former is listed as having showers and the latter was not). Air France also listed as having a lounge there. Some airlines have regular club lounges and first class lounges.
There are 4 airside lounges in TBIT: one for each alliance and one for non-aligned carriers. Indeed, the Star Alliance and oneworld lounges are different, however all 4 airside lounges are equipped with showers). AF operates out of a different terminal (T2) but indeed it has it's own separate lounge but doesn't showers (yet?).


Originally Posted by skoenig View Post
I was surprised to see, on the Alaska Airlines Web site, that one can use their "Board Room" clubs even when not traveling. Says it's by "special arrangement with the TSA." I don't thnk they have showers, but perhaps a club that does has the same arrangement with TSA. I hadn't heard about this before. One-day pass for the Alaska Airlines clubs is $40. The Alaska Airlines terminal is a short walk from TBIT.
That's correct, the BR doesn't have showers at all. That said, I wasn't aware of that arrangement either. The more you know!
N751PR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 10, 6:06 pm
  #206  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXP & Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globlalist
Posts: 2,331
I think it's best that you use Priceline for a room at one of the hotels on Century Blvd. Worst case you'll get into your hotel room an hour after you land (including claiming your bag and taking the shuttle to the hotel), rest for 5 hours and then head back to LAX 2 hours before your flight. You can get a room (3 or 4 star) at LAX for around $40-50 a "night" - much better than spending $50 on a lounge day pass.

If you are not too tired, you can catch the Ocean Express trolley to Manhattan Beach (think it's $4 per ride) and spend a couple of hours in the city.
nov11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 11, 9:39 am
  #207  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: DL PM, CO GE, AA Plat, Hyatt Pla, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 79
Star Alliance Lounge in LAX

Hi all,
I am going to BKK in May. I will fly in to LAX at night with Southwest(WN), check in at Asiana counter and fly out with 12:20 AM flight (LAX-ICN-BKK). I will have to kill over 4 hours at LAX.
How far is SA lounge from the gate Asiana flights usually depart at LAX?
Are there any good restaurant in TBIT that you would recommend?
Thank you.
mgcho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 11, 12:18 pm
  #208  
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,080
Please follow in the LAX Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
obscure2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 11, 7:09 pm
  #209  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: LAX
Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Posts: 1,234
the star lounge is right after the security check on the left side of Tom Bradley terminal, you will see an elevator right as you come out of security, that leads to the lounge,

No idea how far to gate but its really not that big of a terminal and you will be right in the center,

Rally
rally is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 11, 6:39 pm
  #210  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montgomery Co MD
Programs: DL
Posts: 99
ReLAX lounge TBIT

Anyone care to comment on the pay-per-stay ReLAX lounge on the food court level of LAX's TBIT? I'm thinking about it as an alternative to a day pass for one of the mainline clubs. Have about 3 hrs to kill. Know what they charge for drinks, regardless of alcohol content?
rjpjr is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread