Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Hotel Day Rooms near LAX [merged threads]

Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have a 14 hour layover at LAX in a few weeks. I know I'll want to get out and do some things, but I also need a place to store my gear, rest, and get a shower before I get on my 11:30 flight to KUL. Anyone have any experience with day rooms at LAX area hotels? Recommendations are appreciated and I thank you in advance.

(Did a search but couldn't find anything.)

Last edited by Japhydog; Feb 4, 2005 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 4, 2005, 11:28 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Japhydog
I have a 14 hour layover at LAX in a few weeks. I know I'll want to get out and do some things, but I also need a place to store my gear, rest, and get a shower before I get on my 11:30 flight to KUL. Anyone have any experience with day rooms at LAX area hotels? Recommendations are appreciated and I thank you in advance.

(Did a search but couldn't find anything.)
With mid-range hotels available in the LAX area on Priceline for $40 or so, perhaps it would be just as well to go that route.

Just a suggestion.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Thumbs up Hgi Lax.

Simple. The Hilton Garden Inn LAX. Free high speed internet and great rooms. However, it may be a little pricier than what you may be looking to spend. The lowest rates hover around $65-79.

Head over to the Hilton forum for more info.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Simple. The Hilton Garden Inn LAX. Free high speed internet and great rooms. However, it may be a little pricier than what you may be looking to spend. The lowest rates hover around $65-79.

Head over to the Hilton forum for more info.
Just what I'm looking for, thanks! And I'm an HHonors member!
Old Feb 5, 2005, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
There's also a Doubletree LAX (both HGI & DT are in El Segundo 5 minutes from LAX w/ free shuttle) that usually has good prices as well, and I think both run shuttles to Manhattan Beach 5 minutes farther from ElS, so if you want to get out for a while, you could head over to the beach, shops, bars. Cheers. Sharon
Old Feb 5, 2005, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There's also a Doubletree LAX (both HGI & DT are in El Segundo 5 minutes from LAX w/ free shuttle) that usually has good prices as well, and I think both run shuttles to Manhattan Beach 5 minutes farther from ElS, so if you want to get out for a while, you could head over to the beach, shops, bars. Cheers. Sharon
Thanks Sharon. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can head down to Manhattan Beach and/or Hermosa as you suggest. Otherwise I'll head out to a movie and some shopping in Santa Monica.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

One more question: can one travel airside at LAX from Terminal 4 to TBIT and vice versa? Trying to meet another FTer and I'm traveling from TBIT and he's on Qantas from Terminal 4.

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2005, 7:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Japhydog
One more question: can one travel airside at LAX from Terminal 4 to TBIT and vice versa? Trying to meet another FTer and I'm traveling from TBIT and he's on Qantas from Terminal 4.
Nope, no airside access from TBIT to anywhere. This is one of the most annoying aspects of LAX (now that QF has a nice lounge in T4 and awful lounge in TBIT, with SYD flights out of T4 and the rest out of TBIT. Cannot get airside at T4 unless you are flying out of T4, with the possible exception of having an AC membership (depending on the LAX security level you can sometimes get access).
Old Jul 14, 2005, 6:40 pm

Consolidated "Day Rates for Hotels Near LAX" [Merged Threads]

I arrive LAX approx. 2:30pm and transfer for a redeye flight to Miami at 10:50pm. Anyone know of a hotel near the airport which offers a day-use rate? I will really need to shower and freshen up prior to the second flight! I don't have lounge access at LAX, so I will need to get a hotel room for a few hours.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:04 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I arrive LAX approx. 2:30pm and transfer for a redeye flight to Miami at 10:50pm. Anyone know of a hotel near the airport which offers a day-use rate? I will really need to shower and freshen up prior to the second flight! I don't have lounge access at LAX, so I will need to get a hotel room for a few hours.
An alternative would be a Priceline bid, which could net you something from about $30-$50 or so, plus fees.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
You might try travelodge Advertises 45.95 good til 8pm, includes cont. break, newspaper, lax shuttle comped www.travelodgelax.com/ or 1-800-421-3939
Old Jan 9, 2006, 4:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Any updates here? Any decent day rate for an arrival at 4:30pm and departure at 11:45pm?
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:59 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
There are still people who haven't gotten the memo about Priceline.

Last night I was checking into my $30 room and listening to the desk clerk take a call from somebody. "Yes, we're having a special this week for $99.95.... How many nights did you say that will be?"
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:56 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Oh, I have the word I just wondered if there were hotels that had gotten the word and reduced their day rates accordingly.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:47 pm
Suspended

doubt theyd ever change , too many people dont know about PL and would pay the going rate.

I did a Mattress Run on Sun to a Hampton Inn that was $109 onLine and $59 with the Roomsaver coupon. Called before I left and was told we are accepting the coupon tonight, so off I went and got there at 10pm ish and counted all 10 cars that were parked in the lot. In the morning seems 2 others joined us.

Any way as I was leaving the guy who was checking in when I got there, was complaining about something to the guy working the front desk, who eventually said hed lower the rate from last night to $99 from $109. the guy was tickled pink, Then as we were walking to our cars he told me how he scored a $10 discount for a Minor Problem. I told him the bad news that he had just Overpaid then by $40 instead of $50, cause of the coupon.

My Point is as long as most people or even enough people dont know about PL or Roomsaver etc the Hotels wont lower anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.