Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Day Rooms near LAX [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cascade
OP: If you can get into Terminal Four, the Admirals Club has showers and a place to store your gear. Might be cheaper and more convenient to get a day pass to the lounge.
Thankyou, yes I can get into T4 Flagship Lounge but if possible I would prefer somewhere to lie down and rest as I arrive early that morning from SYD and am flying in the evening on a Red-eye to JFK. I haven't been in either of the Flagship or Admirals Club in T4 but based upon my experience elsewhere I'm presuming there isn't anywhere to lie down as such.

PF
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:19 am

LAX Layover/Dayroom

So, American Airlines has changed my flights; we are now scheduled to arrive LAX at 11:48AM, and our deprting flight to PPT on Air Fance does not leave until 11:50PM. With the added layover time, I am thinking of getting a "day room" to make the waiting a bit more pleasent. I am leaning towards the Marriott LAX as the reivews seem good, they appear to have a nice pool area, the shuttle service seems to be reliable/continuous, and I have always been pretty happy with Marriott properties.

Just wanted to get any suggestions for other options/ideas. Also, Air France says I need to check in no later than 10:50PM--I will have no luggage to check, but will need to get to the airport, go thru security (T2), etc. What time should I leave the Marriott on the return shuttle?

Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
So what are the day room options near LAX these days? I know the LAX Hilton has a rate for $90 or so a night and the LAX Travelodge has it for $60.00 for a single.

Family of four travelling next month. We have an Admirals club membership so we plan on migrating to the airport around 9:00 pm or so.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Didnt get any response, so I did some research and came up with some info:

Several LAX area hotels offer day rates, many others do not. There seems to be a universal issue that the hotels kick you out at 6:00 pm (or earlier) except the Travelodge which is 8:00 pm.

Anyhow, the following hotels offer day rooms (quoted on 7/11/14):
Hilton LAX - 6:00 pm limit for $89.00
Hilton Garden Inn LAX - 6:00 pm limit for $79.00
Embasss Suites North LAX - 6:00 pm limit for $125.00
Westin LAX - 5:00 pm limit (flexible depending on hotel load) for $100.00
Four Points - 6:00 pm $110.00
Travelodge - 8:00 pm limit for $60.00 (additional people $5.00 extra).

I couldn't get an answer out of the Marriott or the Crowne Plaza as they tried to transfer me to central reservations....
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by number_6
Several LAX hotels have policies to accomodate this (and advertise it as a feature). For example the 4 Points has "24 hour anytime" checkin ... this means you pay for 1 day and get the room for 24 hours (10 am to 10 am the next day, in your example). They are staffed to accomodate the irregular checkin/checkout cycle (so some rooms are getting cleaned at midnight, for example). Works well. I think the Embassy Suites does this too, and so do a dozen other LAX hotels.
Is there any list of those other hotels who do? I have not found it listed as a feature in the usual booking engines.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
I will be there in a few weeks for around 12 hours between flights. Will have access to the new Lounge which I hear is pretty nice (travelling Virgin). Any comments on whether it's realistic to expect to be able to get some sleep in there or whether I should get a day room? And if the latter, does anyone know yet what the Crowne plaza option is?
Otherwise a decent option close to good quality bargain shopping (preferably outlet centre) before returning to sydney?
Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:44 pm

Latest day rate check out at LAX

I think that the Travelodge has the latest check out on a day use rate at LAX a 8pm. Does anyone know of another hotel with an 8pm or later day use rate check out?

Thanks,
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:26 am
Community Director Emerita

I'm searching for friends. Family of 5 including 3 boys aged 6, 8, and 10. Layover between 10am and 6pm. Want a swimming pool and a place for lunch. The room is only needed to have the right to use the pool and to have a place to change clothes.

Suggestions?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Being that LAX is my home airport, I never stay at hotels near there.

Based upon a Google search, the following properties appear to have the nicest pools:

Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, TWA884. Nice pictures.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: United, Southwest

This is a pretty old thread. I am looking for a hotel at LAX with a day rate due to a late night flight to Melbourne that leaves at 11pm. Flying in the day before so whoever has the day rate, will get my business the night before. Just trying to not spend for 2 full nights.

Found the following websites:

https://www.hotelsbyday.com/en

https://www.between9and5.com/

https://www.bookadayroom.com/

The Travelodge is mentioned a lot but seems a bit dodgy to me. Will report back what I find. Will be making calls tomorrow. Unless anyone has a suggeston? Leaning towards possibly the Sheraton??? I just want to chill and will need someplace to eat, either in the hotel or within walking distance.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:10 am

The Travelodge is perfectly fine. It has the latest checkout at 8pm.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
This is a pretty old thread. I am looking for a hotel at LAX with a day rate due to a late night flight to Melbourne that leaves at 11pm. Flying in the day before so whoever has the day rate, will get my business the night before. Just trying to not spend for 2 full nights.

Found the following websites:

https://www.hotelsbyday.com/en

https://www.between9and5.com/

https://www.bookadayroom.com/

The Travelodge is mentioned a lot but seems a bit dodgy to me. Will report back what I find. Will be making calls tomorrow. Unless anyone has a suggeston? Leaning towards possibly the Sheraton??? I just want to chill and will need someplace to eat, either in the hotel or within walking distance.

Thanks for the links. I was looking for something like this but wasn't sure. I'm going to need a place to chill before my 11:30pm flight to Mel.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:29 am

Day Rooms at LAX

I have about a 9-hour layover later this summer at LAX (arriving at 1:00 p.m. on an international flight and domestic connecting flight at 10:00 p.m.). I know many airports, such as NRT, have day rooms that can be booked for a few hours. Does LAX have day rooms? Alternatively, are there airport hotels with shuttle service that offer day rooms? If so, which ones? On a related note, I have heard of a website called dayuse.com, but I am not sure how reputable it is; has anyone used that website to book day rooms and if so how was the overall experience?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.