The Consolidated Disneyland Information, Accommodations and Restaurants Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated Disneyland Information, Accommodations and Restaurants Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In N Out Burger? Or a 'real' restaurant?

There's really nothing along the 105 as soon as you leave LAX (it's ghetto), you could head south on Sepulveda...there are a few restaurants in downtown El Segundo...
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Having dinner near LAX might be a good way to let the traffic clear out a bit. I personally would not want to leave LAX anytime before 7 p.m.
Very good call.

Let's see, along the 405-S to 91-E to 5-S...

-Poncho's (Mexican) in Manhattan Beach
-Houston's (steak) and McCormick&Schmick's (seafood) in El Segundo
-Lucille's BBQ in Torrance
-Grand Garden (Chinese) in Lawndale
-The Little India neighborhood in Cerritos, with plenty of Indian restaurants.

Of course, right next to LAX are the aforementioned Truxton's, The Buggy Whip, In-n-Out, The Proud Bird, and many chain eateries.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Take Sepulveda South about 3 miles. If you go left on Rosecrans, on the right after about 3 stoplights is Houstons, a popular chain restaurant but long wait times (you get pagers). In that mall is a take-out Mexican place and take-out Chinese. On the other side of Rosecrans (left) is the Daily Grill restaurant, large menu, a tad pricey. I like it. There is also a Macaroni Grill and a CozyMel's that I would avoid. Further down on the right is Il Fornaio, great Italian chain (but it doesn't feel like a chain). Further down from there about a mile is the 405 N entrance, which will get you to the 105W in 1 mile and on your way to DL. This is all about 4 miles out of your way from LAX.

Also, left at the light just past Rosecrans is a mall, with a CPK in it and Chong's Chinese (good, nice atmosphere), and a "LA Food Show".

Really, along Sepulveda south of Rosecrans there are are tons of places. None are more than 3 miles from the 405. All are 'safe' 'hood-wise

Have fun!
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Very good call.

Let's see, along the 405-S to 91-E to 5-S...

-Poncho's (Mexican) in Manhattan Beach
-Houston's (steak) and McCormick&Schmick's (seafood) in El Segundo
-Lucille's BBQ in Torrance
-Grand Garden (Chinese) in Lawndale
-The Little India neighborhood in Cerritos, with plenty of Indian restaurants.

Of course, right next to LAX are the aforementioned Truxton's, The Buggy Whip, In-n-Out, The Proud Bird, and many chain eateries.
Yes, The Buggy Whip is a real cool 70's place with a guy at the piano that looks like Liberace and cool leather booths with that tuck 'n roll look to them, large menus, etc. That is more of a 'local' place that you will remember. You might need to print a map online unless you have a NAV because its a tad hard to get there.

Stick 'n Stein south on SSepulveda about 1.5 miles from LAX is good if you like to shoot pool. Food's good there.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Nice suggestions for some of the El Segundo/Rosecrans eateries, but they may have a bit of a wait on a Friday night... Just a thought.

Oh, and technically, the freeway routing would be:

405 South
110 North
91 East
5 South

There's no 405 to 91 junction...
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:41 pm

Nice suggestions for some of the El Segundo/Rosecrans eateries, but they may have a bit of a wait on a Friday night... Just a thought.

405 South
110 North
91 East
5 South

What in LA/OC won't? Call and reserve, some actually take reservations. Even Houstons won't take 'reservations' but if you call from LAX (or the rental car place) and tell them you're coming, you'll not wait too long.

405 to 110 gets you on the 91 in <1 mile

But from LAX you can do 105 E to 605 S for a mile then 91 E to 5 S. AVOID 405 S on Friday night
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold

405 South
110 North
91 East
5 South

Bah, you're "technically" correct

At that point, I'm usually on autopilot... I don't remember, do the signs on the 405-S actually say "Exit 110-N/91 Fwy" or is it just for the 110? I know from the 91-W the sign points to both the 110-S and 405.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Bah, you're "technically" correct

At that point, I'm usually on autopilot... I don't remember, do the signs on the 405-S actually say "Exit 110-N/91 Fwy" or is it just for the 110? I know from the 91-W the sign points to both the 110-S and 405.
Nope, you have to know that 110 N takes you to 91 E. No sign from the 405...
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by weezl
Nope, you have to know that 110 N takes you to 91 E. No sign from the 405...
Correct, however going in reverse one can follow signs from the 91W directly to the 405N without ever merging on the 110 S. Weird.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by paullevi
Correct, however going in reverse one can follow signs from the 91W directly to the 405N without ever merging on the 110 S. Weird.
The OP is going from LAX to Disneyland....
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:52 am
JTG

Programs: UA/AA/SW/MR Gold/Hyatt/HH
But from LAX you can do 105 E to 605 S for a mile then 91 E to 5 S. AVOID 405 S on Friday night
Weezl has the best routing from LAX/S. Bay. Be sure to be in the carpool lane at the 91E/5S interchange. It's a breeze and will take you directly into DL.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:10 am

if you really want precise directions from LAX to disneyland, take sepulveda south to the 105; stay in the middle lane in the tunnel (the 105 entrance is just after the tunnel, and you can use both right lanes). once you're on the 105 east, the carpool lane starts right as you pass the 405; stay in the carpool lane until you hit bellflower blvd., and then take the 605 south (the 105 ends here). don't bother with the carpool lane on the 605. the 91 east will be the third or fourth exit on the 605, and you can quickly get into the carpool lane on the 91, and there is a carpool exit to the 5 south. stay in the carpool lane, as there is an exit for disneyland.

there are lots of indian, korean, and korean chinese restaurants in cerritos/artesia, where the 605 and the 91 intersect. if you exit pioneer and turn right, little india is straight ahead. there are lots of american places too, but i've never tried any and don't know where they are.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, USAIR
I think this makes the most sense

Take Sepulveda South about 3 miles. If you go left on Rosecrans, on the right after about 3 stoplights is Houstons, a popular chain restaurant but long wait times (you get pagers). In that mall is a take-out Mexican place and take-out Chinese. On the other side of Rosecrans (left) is the Daily Grill restaurant, large menu, a tad pricey. I like it. There is also a Macaroni Grill and a CozyMel's that I would avoid. Further down on the right is Il Fornaio, great Italian chain (but it doesn't feel like a chain). Further down from there about a mile is the 405 N entrance, which will get you to the 105W in 1 mile and on your way to DL. This is all about 4 miles out of your way from LAX.

Also, left at the light just past Rosecrans is a mall, with a CPK in it and Chong's Chinese (good, nice atmosphere), and a "LA Food Show".

Really, along Sepulveda south of Rosecrans there are are tons of places. None are more than 3 miles from the 405. All are 'safe' 'hood-wise

Have fun!
Il Fornaio is a great Italian choice. But depending on budget, there's also El Pollo Loco and Sizzler next to each other in El Segundo. Has anyone eaten at the Proud Bird lately?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:43 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions!

We actually ended up at the In-And-Out, with some sweet, sweet 747 landing action. Oh, and some good hamburgers. ^

As far as the drive, we actually used my handy-dandy GPS built into my Sprint 8700e, and used TeleNav. It worked well, with turn by turn directions, but it seems like the GPS receiver in it isn't the greatest, as when we arrived, there was cloud cover, and it kept losing the GPS sync. (With me holding it up to the window as a passenger, even.) On the way back, though, no cloud cover, and it didn't lose sync once from Disneyland. Nice.

We'll probably be doing this run again, due to the prices out of LAX, so I'm sure I'll bookmark this and try some of the other restaurants mentioned in the future!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:07 pm

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
decent restaurants near lax

due to a schedule change, my family of four will get into lax at 6pm and not leave until 8am the following day.
At least the carrier is giving me two vouchers for a local hotel.
Can anybody recommend a good place to eat w/in a reasonable cab ride distance away from lax?
thanks!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Sep 14, 2007 at 12:01 am Reason: Merged into existing thread on LA restaurants. SanDiego1K, moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.