Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated Disneyland Information, Accommodations and Restaurants Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wingless
How long would you reckon you need with a 7, 5 and 4 year old ? Three days max. 1-2 days for Disneyland and 1/2-1 day for California Adventure. You could check out Knott's Berry Farm too. It is just a few miles away and they have a great kids area www.knottsberryfarm.com (it's now owned by Cedar Point)
Obviously opinions vary, but I could easily see a family like the OP's spending a full week at the Disneyland Resort without even venturing off-property to see the rest of what L.A. has to offer. In particular, I think California Adventure takes far more than 1/2-1 day to fully enjoy. And while a family can speed through some major attractions in just a few days, a far more enjoyable vacation is to take your time, see what you can, let the kids take naps back at the hotel, spend some time at the pool or Downtown Disney, and really enjoy all that the resort has to offer.

And that's coming from somebody who's never worked a day for Disney in his life!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Obviously opinions vary, but I could easily see a family like the OP's spending a full week at the Disneyland Resort without even venturing off-property to see the rest of what L.A. has to offer. In particular, I think California Adventure takes far more than 1/2-1 day to fully enjoy. And while a family can speed through some major attractions in just a few days, a far more enjoyable vacation is to take your time, see what you can, let the kids take naps back at the hotel, spend some time at the pool or Downtown Disney, and really enjoy all that the resort has to offer.

And that's coming from somebody who's never worked a day for Disney in his life!

You are probably right but even when I have gone to Disneyworld and Disneyland Paris I couldn't spend more than 1 - 2 days at any of the parks...but I don't have the patience that some do.

Cheri
Old May 19, 2010, 10:08 am

Hotels in Disneyland

What is the best hotel in Disneyland do you think?
Old May 19, 2010, 11:44 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I'm going to move this to the California-Los Angeles forum as that is the most appropriate forum for your question.

Also, you may want to elaborate on what you want. Best hotel for what? Kids? Luxury? Ease of access to the park? The greater detail in your question, the better the responses.

Good luck,

MileageAddict
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:10 pm

disneyland ideas?

I am going to disneyland in Anaheim CA for 3 days, but only will be at the park for 2 days (2 days ticket) and then one day to universal studio to see LA a little bit.

Is this too tight of the schedule that I am impossible to see a lot of things at disney land park? If so, can you recommend the highlights for me/tips in order to make my tight schedule worth it there?

Universal studio ideas are welcome too.

Thank you.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I would skip the theme parks entirely and see a lot more of Los Angeles. I live near LA. I love it here.

As alternatives: Griffith Park, including the planetarium, Olvera Street, Phillipe's for the best French Dip sandwich in the world, Venice Beach, Hollywood, Newport Beach in the OC, a harbor tour of the Port of LA or Long Beach, Petersen Automotive Museum, La Brea Tar Pits... I could go on and on.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:08 pm

Queenofbeach, I already got the disney tickets and I really want to see the disneyland..
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by flybie
Queenofbeach, I already got the disney tickets and I really want to see the disneyland..
That doesn't matter. Someone on the Internet thinks it's a bad idea. You should follow their advice instead of do what you want to do.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flybie
I am going to disneyland in Anaheim CA for 3 days, but only will be at the park for 2 days (2 days ticket) and then one day to universal studio to see LA a little bit.

Is this too tight of the schedule that I am impossible to see a lot of things at disney land park? If so, can you recommend the highlights for me/tips in order to make my tight schedule worth it there?

Universal studio ideas are welcome too.

Thank you.
I can't speak for Universal, but we live near Disneyland and hold an annual pass, so we visit fairly often. Before I offer any advice, I suggest you visit sites such as micechat, mouseplanet, etc for very large Disneyland forums full of tips. I'll attempt to offer my suggestions:

-Arrive at opening for both parks for short wait times on the most popular rides (Disneyland: Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Peter Pan DCA: Toy Story Midway Mania and World of Color tickets)

-Use a smartphone app for ride wait times (Mousewait for iPhone is good)

-Use the fastpass system (look this up online or ask a staff member when you arrive). A very useful "secret" is that you can use a fastpass even after it expires (so long as it is the same day).

-Feel free to switch between the California Adventure park and Disneyland several times a day (you can collect fastpasses simultaneously in both)

-Fantasmic, fireworks, and World of Color are worth the hassle IMO. World of Color is particularly excellent, do not miss! Note that these require some planning ahead, read online or ask staff upon arrival.

-Have fun and don't stress too much about optimizing the experience, let yourself be surprised!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the California Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:51 pm

mousesavers.com

not just for saving money, for for good tips as well.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
www.undercovertourists.com

for discount tickets

www.orlandoattractions.com

for Disney World discount tickets.

But you've already got tickets.. www.disneyland.com for general info and restaurant bookings.

I'm planning maybe a front end visit to Disney on the way to Kona Spring Break.. only Disney if we stop in LA.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: SPG GOLD
I have an annual pass and love Disneyland. Two days is plenty of time I think to explore Disneyland and California Adventure. Definitely get fast passes and use a smart phone app to monitor wait times on rides.

Blue Bayou is a fun place to eat although a reservation is required a lot of the time, I would highly recommend going there. Additionally, there is a relatively new BBQ place near Thunder Mountain that serves all you can eat BBQ for like $24 a person, if you're hungry it is a good move.

At California Adventure "Soaring over California" is a really cool experience, be sure to check that out.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Disneyland Tickets - Suggestions

We will be arriving from Mexico's Riviera Maya to LAX on July 27th, 2011..

We are planning to stay at Fairmont Newport Beach and Fairmont Miramar and Bungalows.. so got 6 days to burn at Disneyland..

So should we buy the tickets prior and do Will Call, or just buy the tickets there..

What combos are there since we have the hotel taken care of..

We've looked into the City Pass but not going to do San Diego.. so bit of a wash there.. good deal though..
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: UA
Here's a link to the packages available online. It won't be any cheaper at the gate.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/

Are you really going to spend 6 days at Disneyland? I think a 2 or 3 day park hopper pass should be enough. California Adventure is a lot smaller and generally less crowded than Disneyland, so I've never spent an entire day there.

Also, please be aware that it will take you over an hour to get from the Fairmont Miramar to Disneyland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.