The Consolidated Disneyland Information, Accommodations and Restaurants Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated Disneyland Information, Accommodations and Restaurants Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stacey8989
Here's a link to the packages available online. It won't be any cheaper at the gate.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/

Are you really going to spend 6 days at Disneyland? I think a 2 or 3 day park hopper pass should be enough. California Adventure is a lot smaller and generally less crowded than Disneyland, so I've never spent an entire day there.

Also, please be aware that it will take you over an hour to get from the Fairmont Miramar to Disneyland.
So the promotional 6 day ticket is $15 per ticket directly from Disney.. I should pull the trigger on this one?

With the City Pass being $249.. maybe that's the way to go.. and go to Universal for a day or so..

Edit: I guess Costco now only has a 4 day park hopper with $50 gift card..
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

6 days of driving back and forth to Disneyland from the Faimont NB sounds like a nightmare to me. 2-3 days is PLENTY to see it all. (I don't think it is going to take you an hour to get there in the carpool lane, but it is still a hassle, then you've got to park and take the tram, so over an hour door to door. Do not even think of trying to do Disneyland from your Santa Monica hotel.

PS the Farimont NB is a good 15 minute drive from the beach, more on a busy day, also my favorite area of NB is 15th street, between Balboa pier and Newport pier there are restrooms and a few shops but it is not as croweded as near the piers.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
6 days of driving back and forth to Disneyland from the Faimont NB sounds like a nightmare to me. 2-3 days is PLENTY to see it all. (I don't think it is going to take you an hour to get there in the carpool lane, but it is still a hassle, then you've got to park and take the tram, so over an hour door to door. Do not even think of trying to do Disneyland from your Santa Monica hotel.

PS the Farimont NB is a good 15 minute drive from the beach, more on a busy day, also my favorite area of NB is 15th street, between Balboa pier and Newport pier there are restrooms and a few shops but it is not as croweded as near the piers.
Thanks for the heads up.. should be better from Newport Beach to go to Disneyland.. Perhaps you're saying from Fairmont Miramar we should hit San Diego and go to Sea World.. or Universal..

thus obtaining a City Pass?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Thanks for the heads up.. should be better from Newport Beach to go to Disneyland.. Perhaps you're saying from Fairmont Miramar we should hit San Diego and go to Sea World.. or Universal..

thus obtaining a City Pass?
If you've got 6 days to kill you may want to do both.

The City Pass requires some serious driving as the locations are fairly spread out but it will occupy a few days.

Disneyland is obviously the same place each time but even for someone who really takes their time, 3 days is enough to get to every ride, and see every show. Lines are busy this week but not beyond insanity for an infrequent visitor.

As an alternative, you could get 3 day park hoppers [keep in mind that the costco offers in SoCal are often for SoCal residents which is loosely enforced] and spend the other 3 closer to where you're staying... Right now the Orange County fair is setup: that's a good half day. Newport has some great beaches and areas to wander which you can extend down to Laguna or up to HB, or both. Lots of ways to kill a couple days without making every morning into a long long drive.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ted S
If you've got 6 days to kill you may want to do both.

The City Pass requires some serious driving as the locations are fairly spread out but it will occupy a few days.

Disneyland is obviously the same place each time but even for someone who really takes their time, 3 days is enough to get to every ride, and see every show. Lines are busy this week but not beyond insanity for an infrequent visitor.

As an alternative, you could get 3 day park hoppers [keep in mind that the costco offers in SoCal are often for SoCal residents which is loosely enforced] and spend the other 3 closer to where you're staying... Right now the Orange County fair is setup: that's a good half day. Newport has some great beaches and areas to wander which you can extend down to Laguna or up to HB, or both. Lots of ways to kill a couple days without making every morning into a long long drive.
Thanks everyone for the tips..

We've got a one year old and five year old..so many not full full days.. plus from being in Disney World 3 weeks in December.. we were actually at the parks the full 3 weeks everyday.. no Universal, NASA, Busch Gardens.. nothing.. but Disney World..

We'll probably want to hit up a good number of character dining and spend some time inside those restaurants to get away from the heat..

Plus doing things once over, while saves us $$$.. isn't probably the full reason.. the extra days paid is only marginally more expensive.. so we can do things again and again..

I talked to my wife at length and we are still neutral.. will decide when we get off the plane I guess to what we'll do..

LA is 3 hours from San Diego.. or two?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:22 pm

Programs: AS
Theoretically it's just over 2 hours but with any traffic [and you'll always hit something leaving LA or coming into downtown SD] it will take closer to 3. Newport Beach is about 2 generally.

You've got a great week for weather here... warm but not our usual mid 90s.

My heat escape tip: The grand california hotel [located in downtown disney with a direct gate to california adventure] has a great big lobby and both a full service restaurant and cafeteria. Lots of a/c, great ambiance and a nice way to escape without driving all the way back to newport.

Hear you on the doing things at Disneyland a few times... With the summer crowds the kid rides are of course taking the brunt of the lines but from my visit last week it really wasn't too bad [not that I stop in that part of the park but glancing by]. Fireworks just went off and peaking over the balcony looked good as usual...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ted S
Theoretically it's just over 2 hours but with any traffic [and you'll always hit something leaving LA or coming into downtown SD] it will take closer to 3. Newport Beach is about 2 generally.

You've got a great week for weather here... warm but not our usual mid 90s.

My heat escape tip: The grand california hotel [located in downtown disney with a direct gate to california adventure] has a great big lobby and both a full service restaurant and cafeteria. Lots of a/c, great ambiance and a nice way to escape without driving all the way back to newport.

Hear you on the doing things at Disneyland a few times... With the summer crowds the kid rides are of course taking the brunt of the lines but from my visit last week it really wasn't too bad [not that I stop in that part of the park but glancing by]. Fireworks just went off and peaking over the balcony looked good as usual...
Thanks for the tips.. With us doing Disney World 3 times in a row.. last stint this past Christmas Break for 3 weeks.. its time to unfortunately spend some time in Disneyland.. where the value of everything is going to be higher.. so the spend will be higher, tickets will be purchased 6 days instead of 21 days.. etc..

But my 5 year old hasn't been to Disneyland.. so the novelty surpasses any good deals I would have scored going to MCO..

Our next few trips will probably Disney World where there is alot more to do..

At Supper tonite at the El Puerto 4 diamond AAA restaurant at Fairmont Mayakoba.. The flutist was playing Disney theme songs.. Started to get us in the mood.. for our flight to LA tomorrow and Disneyland the next day..

Excited and counting..
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:20 pm

How to book Disney hotels at Disneyland

We are going to Disneyland over the Christmas break and would like to stay at Disney hotels rather than the good neighbor hotels, etc. Just checked Disney website and Disney hotels are pretty expensive. So, my question is:
1. Is there anyway to get the Disney hotels at a cheaper rate at this last minute -- sort of?
2. If not cheaper, what's the best way to maximize my points/miles gain to book the hotel?

thank you for your time/response.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

[Removed response to now-deleted snarky and uncivil post]

I'm no expert on the Disney hotels either and it is more likely to be answered in the California forum. My impression, however, that when those hotels are discounted by Disney, they usually publicize it pretty well. Many of the discounts are limited geographically, typically to residents of Northern California or the Las Vegas area.

It strikes me as very highly unlikely that there would be any discounts for the week starting December 26 as that is a high demand period.

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 5, 2011 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by RichardInSF

It strikes me as very highly unlikely that there would be any discounts for the week starting December 26 as that is a high demand period.
Yeah, pretty much going to be full price or nothing at all. Maybe even nothing at all anyway as they book up pretty full earlier on.

As for points, AFAIK, there's really no major affiliation. Be sure to use your mileage earning CC to pay.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I'm no expert on the Disney hotels either and it is more likely to be answered in the California forum. My impression, however, that when those hotels are discounted by Disney, they usually publicize it pretty well. Many of the discounts are limited geographically, typically to residents of Northern California or the Las Vegas area.

Thanks for the pointer. I did not even know there is a forum for California...

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 5, 2011 at 7:53 am Reason: Removed quote of now-deleted comment
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:52 am

If you really mean getting a disneyland hotels on property in prime season you are no way going to get a deal. Bring a lot of money and smile.

Originally Posted by jackiesyu
We are going to Disneyland over the Christmas break and would like to stay at Disney hotels rather than the good neighbor hotels, etc. Just checked Disney website and Disney hotels are pretty expensive. So, my question is:
1. Is there anyway to get the Disney hotels at a cheaper rate at this last minute -- sort of?
2. If not cheaper, what's the best way to maximize my points/miles gain to book the hotel?

thank you for your time/response.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Centurion
If you really mean getting a disneyland hotels on property in prime season you are no way going to get a deal. Bring a lot of money and smile.
imo even off season rates are inflated to discount.. pricing in the convenience of walking to the entrance and not having to pay for parking..
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:30 am

Disneyland Hotel deals ?

I've searched to no avail so I'm reaching out for help. I'm taking my 5 year old to CA in April and want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel from 4/27 to 4/30. I can't find any decent deals anywhere. Is it just not feasible??
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:38 am

mousesavers.com is your first and last stop for all things disney.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.