Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Disneyland questions & area accommodations/restaurants"[merged threads]

Consolidated "Disneyland questions & area accommodations/restaurants"[merged threads]

Old Feb 4, 13, 10:20 pm

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Which Disney?

I think you are asking about Disney World - Florida ???
Old Feb 4, 13, 10:47 pm

Always start here:
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneylan...tel-discounts/

I logged in and I see my annual passholder "discount" rate of $300/nt (view $331). 10% off. That's for the Disneyland Hotel. As always, Paradise Pier is cheaper, Grand California more expensive (+/- ~$70). There's a 25% offer valid only until mid-March (as low as $244).
You may want to check out rates a little closer-in.

I've never stayed there, but my sister has with her family (and we may or may not have joined her at the monorail pool....). It's pretty special. The fireworks music is piped in to the room, there's a glittering castle on the headboards. Expensive but it doesn't feel like they're just fleecing you.

Originally Posted by travelerjim View Post
Which Disney?
I think you are asking about Disney World - Florida ???
Disneyland = California
Old Feb 4, 13, 10:55 pm

Disneyland California

Sorry - the one in California!

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 13, 11:28 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Or make a new friend with a cast member and get a great friends and family deal. :-)
Old Feb 5, 13, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by shawnymcd View Post
Or make a new friend with a cast member and get a great friends and family deal. :-)
Haha, yes, I wish!
Old Feb 5, 13, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
In addition to Cast Member and Annual Pass discounts, there are regularly deals for AAA members and active duty military. As tjbrooks pointed out, if you want the Disney experience but need to save a few bucks, the Paradise Pier hotel is more than acceptable. I've often chosen to stay at the Paradise Pier concierge level rather than pay roughly the same amount for a regular room at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian.
Old Jan 28, 16, 7:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Ex. PLT, Delta Diamond
It has been a while since someone posted on this thread so I will ask the question instead of opening a new thread.

I am heading to Disneyland June 2016 and we are thinking about staying at one of the hotels on the resort. My wife and I have three small kids (9,6,6) and I am sure they will be tired walking around which is why we are stay close to the park.

Other than location and cost is there really any difference between the three hotels. The pictures make all the rooms in each hotels look the same.
Old Jan 28, 16, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by jww947 View Post
It has been a while since someone posted on this thread so I will ask the question instead of opening a new thread.

I am heading to Disneyland June 2016 and we are thinking about staying at one of the hotels on the resort. My wife and I have three small kids (9,6,6) and I am sure they will be tired walking around which is why we are stay close to the park.

Other than location and cost is there really any difference between the three hotels. The pictures make all the rooms in each hotels look the same.
Paradise Pier is basically a motel. Grand Californian is a resort. Disneyland Hotel is like a Holiday Inn or similar. Best way to get a discount is to book through Orbitz when Disney is already offering a discount and then stack at Orbitz code on top of it. They almost always have a 15% off (max $150 code), but occasionally you'll get a 15% with no max, or a 20%. I usually just book the hotel and then keep watching for the code I want and rebook when it hits.

That being said, Disneyland is pretty compact. It doesn't leave you exhausted and walked out like Disney World does.
Old Jan 28, 16, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman View Post
In addition to Cast Member and Annual Pass discounts, there are regularly deals for AAA members and active duty military. As tjbrooks pointed out, if you want the Disney experience but need to save a few bucks, the Paradise Pier hotel is more than acceptable. I've often chosen to stay at the Paradise Pier concierge level rather than pay roughly the same amount for a regular room at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian.
I was researching the concierge level and is it really worth the money for continental breakfast and a few drinks throughout the day. Most of the time people are running around the resort. I hear there is a refrigerator in each room. If so, I could stock up on water and snacks and skip the concierge fee. Does each room have a refrigerator?
Old Jan 28, 16, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum

Disneyland Hotel - largest rooms, excellent pool area, considered the middle tier of the three hotels, and probably the most kid-friendly of the three (although all of them certainly are).

Grand Californian - same room size as the Paradise Pier but with significantly better furnishings for a more luxurious feel, most convenient location to the parks and restaurants in Downtown Disney, considered the top tier of the three hotels.

Paradise Pier - same room size as the Grand Californian, most inconvenient location since you have to cross the street via a crosswalk. Considered the bottom tier of the three hotels but I would not classify it as a motel like a previous poster mentioned.

With small kids I would lean toward the Disneyland Hotel if price is not your primary factor. The larger room size at the Disneyland Hotel will also be beneficial with five of you in a room.
Old Jan 28, 16, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by manda99 View Post
Disneyland Hotel is like a Holiday Inn or similar.
Disagree...its much better than that.
Old Jan 29, 16, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I was researching the concierge level and is it really worth the money for continental breakfast and a few drinks throughout the day. Most of the time people are running around the resort. I hear there is a refrigerator in each room. If so, I could stock up on water and snacks and skip the concierge fee. Does each room have a refrigerator?
No, you can never justify it financially unless you have teenagers who will eat the lounge food like crazy and skip meals because of it. I just like having access to the lounge for a quiet place to relax, my kids like the free DVD rentals to take back to the room, and we enjoy being able to ask questions or book experiences through the concierges rather than waiting in line at guest services.
Old Feb 2, 16, 3:03 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by manda99 View Post
Grand Californian is a resort. Disneyland Hotel is like a Holiday Inn or similar.
I know the GC is tiered above DH, but IME there isn't a huge difference between them in terms of "luxury." Neither is particularly upscale -- I'd call them both a 4* at best. To me, the main difference between them is that the GC is closer to the park entrances (putting aside monorail) and the DH has a more fun pool area for kids.
Old Feb 8, 16, 1:22 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Old Feb 8, 16, 9:14 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
The hotels on Harbor Blvd are closer to the gates than Paradise Pier and the Disneyland Hotel. They are not resort hotels, but they are a better value, imo.

Search this Thread