Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Disneyland questions & area accommodations/restaurants"[merged threads]

Consolidated "Disneyland questions & area accommodations/restaurants"[merged threads]

Old Feb 5, 12, 4:36 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
What kind of budget are you aiming for?
Old Feb 5, 12, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta View Post
I've searched to no avail so I'm reaching out for help. I'm taking my 5 year old to CA in April and want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel from 4/27 to 4/30. I can't find any decent deals anywhere. Is it just not feasible??
Realistically, it isnt feasible. Disney simply rarely discounts their hotels both at Disneyland and DisneyWorld. The only discounts you can find are either Annual Passholder discounts or State Resident discounts (i.e. Disney World has Florida resident discounts, and Disneyland has California resident discounts). Thats it though. Otherwise, it's full rack rates.

Mousesavers.com is an excellent site breaking down any discounts, if any, are a the hotels. Truth be told though, as much as I like the Disneyland hotel, it doesnt offer anything much that the hotels just outside the park have to offer, and at half the price. You can typically get the Hilton (across the street from Disneyland) at $55 a night on Priceline and Hotwire.
Old Feb 5, 12, 5:14 pm

I agree with FlyingHigh20. If you're on a budget, many of the chain resorts nearby Disney are great properties and may even offer more space (ie: A single room at Disney vs a small suite at a nearby Resort). You will enjoy it tremendously and will be surrounded by lots of families. If your really keen on the Disney property, please share your nightly budget and # of people so someone can try to help you more.
Old Feb 5, 12, 5:38 pm

No set budget. Just didn't like their rates.
Old Feb 5, 12, 5:39 pm

The reason for liking this property was the proximity to downtown Disney and the princess breakfast.
Old Feb 5, 12, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
You might not find a "deal" at the Disneyland hotel since you're wanting to stay during spring break period - March and April tend to be considered spring break period so rates are not going to be discounted.
Old Feb 5, 12, 7:41 pm

Definitely check MouseSavers.com.

Disneyland does offer discounts at times, but usually only during slow times and on longer stays. Right now there's $500 off a four-night four-person package but it's only good through 3/1.

Likewise, there are 15-25% discounts on room rates for certain hotels and dates through 4/14.

Myself, I usually stay at a cheap motel on Harbor Blvd and walk.
Old Feb 5, 12, 9:23 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta View Post
The reason for liking this property was the proximity to downtown Disney and the princess breakfast.
If you have Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, SPG, etc., you may be able to find a good deal with your hotel points. As far as proximity goes, yes, it is nice to stay on property. However, there are some hotels not too far from Downtown Disney and/or Disneyland Hotel. It looks like the Best Western Pavilions would be closest to the Disneyland Hotel. Also, the Anabella, Best Western Stovall's Inn, and the Sheraton Anaheim (*not* Sheraton Park) would be closest to Downtown Disney: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/medi...rHotelsMap.pdf . Sheraton Anaheim has its own shuttle, and the other 3 are all Anaheim Resort Transit stops (i.e. bus lines all running to Disneyland).

Last edited by LowFlyOver; Feb 6, 12 at 9:43 am
Old Feb 5, 12, 9:28 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
Originally Posted by tkey75 View Post
Yeah, pretty much going to be full price or nothing at all. Maybe even nothing at all anyway as they book up pretty full earlier on.

As for points, AFAIK, there's really no major affiliation. Be sure to use your mileage earning CC to pay.
The only possibility, really, is using RCI points for Disney's Grand Californian...and then... you have to be lucky...VERY lucky. It's much more likely that one could book, say, Old Key West at WDW. Honestly, the best value for high volume dates at Disneyland on property on a regular basis is probably to bite the bullet and buy into DVC for the Grand Californian.

For what it's worth, "on property" really isn't a huge concern for me at Disneyland. I will either book best deal I can find - check out some of the suites in Desert Palms (parking & breakfast included) - or use points for SPG, Marriott, or Hilton properties. Remember, most Good Neighbor hotels surrounding Disneyland are closer to the parks than all but a few "on property locations" at WDW.

WDW is a whole different ballgame, however, and it is well worth it to be on property for the Disney transportation. At WDW, though, you can find Hilton, Holiday Inn, SPG, etc. brands all on property, and there sometimes are relatively inexpensive deals (below $100/night) on the WDW "Value" (All Star) resorts.

Last edited by LowFlyOver; Feb 5, 12 at 9:43 pm
Old Feb 5, 12, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LowFlyOver View Post
The only possibility, really, is using RCI points for Disney's Grand Californian...and then... you have to be lucky...VERY lucky. It's much more likely that one could book, say, Old Key West at WDW. Honestly, the best value for high volume dates at Disneyland on property on a regular basis is probably to bite the bullet and buy into DVC for the Grand Californian.

For what it's worth, "on property" really isn't a huge concern for me at Disneyland. I will either book best deal I can find - check out some of the suites in Desert Palms (parking & breakfast included) - or use points for SPG, Marriott, or Hilton properties. Remember, most Good Neighbor hotels surrounding Disneyland are closer to the parks than all but a few "on property locations" at WDW.

WDW is a whole different ballgame, however, and it is well worth it to be on property for the Disney transportation. At WDW, though, you can find Hilton, Holiday Inn, SPG, etc. brands all on property, and there sometimes are relatively inexpensive deals (below $100/night) on the WDW "Value" (All Star) resorts.
Agree.. there is only 3 onsite hotels at Disneyland IIRC, but what seems like hundreds of other types of accomodations in the immediate area offsite Disneyland.

Whereas Disney World is setup with its transportation system for the 70 or 80 hotels onsite.. so you get the pixie dust experience if booking an onsite hotel, moreso booking at Disneyland.. I noticed that competition is heightened at Disney World where Disney tries to isolate business for themselves, and compete against other theme park options such as Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc. Disneyland works with other theme parks to enhance the visitors' experience i.e. CityPass
Old Feb 6, 12, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver
If you're up for using Priceline, you can save a good amount of money. Visit www.biddingfortravel.com or www.betterbidding.com to see what people have posted.

I've bid for my brother. Last month after New Year's, they got $73 total/night for a 3.5 star hotel nearby. That was on the highest price I've ever got them on PL, but it was vacation time.
Old Feb 12, 12, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie View Post
If you're up for using Priceline, you can save a good amount of money. Visit www.biddingfortravel.com or www.betterbidding.com to see what people have posted.

I've bid for my brother. Last month after New Year's, they got $73 total/night for a 3.5 star hotel nearby. That was on the highest price I've ever got them on PL, but it was vacation time.
Heard good things from a few friends and FTers.. so a good tip..

I was considering using priceline for Hawaii and tried to select ocean view, or suite, and those features weren't available for me to select.. Perhaps, on my Europe trip I can isolate a good deal, that would be worth a try.
Old Aug 24, 12, 1:16 am

anyone with luck of getting into club 33 for brunch? I am so curious to try it out sometime!
Old Aug 24, 12, 10:29 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by anchor79 View Post
anyone with luck of getting into club 33 for brunch? I am so curious to try it out sometime!
Yes, I am lucky enough to have friends who are members. That only way to be admitted is by invitation. The member need not accompany you to the park. Admission to the park is free, but the cost of the meal more than makes up for that.
Old Feb 4, 13, 10:15 pm

Disneyland Hotel - how to get deal on this hotel?

Anyone have any tips/promo codes/info on how I can get a deal - or even anything less than rack rate, for this hotel?

We're taking our two little girls to Disneyland around April 30th and would love to stay there.

Thanks!
Li

Search this Thread