Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Luggage Storage at / near LAX" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Haven't used it but what a great service for MRs

BTW - it says it will pick up/drop off to the terminals, but if for some reason people had rental cars they were dropping off, it's located near some of the car rental agencies (and the LAX post office if you need to mail anything).

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:27 pm

Yup.. looks good... I was hoping someone had personal experience of them!!

Think I'll just call and talk to them...... I have no reason to be concerned but.. leaving all your luggage with a "third party"? Hmmmm....

Only way I've done that before is with a hotel I HAD stayed at, and WAS booked into again....
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:00 am

LAX bag storage

http://laxluggagestorage.com/

anyone been brave enough to try this? Any feedback?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:43 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by neil_g63

anyone been brave enough to try this? Any feedback?
Has NO one on this forum ever used this service?! Looking for some FT feedback from personal experience...
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:38 pm

Luggage Storage at TBIT?

I'll be having a 5 hour layover at LAX for an upcoming trip connecting from AA to CX. I'll be checking my bags to LAX only instead of all the way to HKG as I want to minimize the risk of loosing them and also by the fact that my long layover allows enough time to do so. However I believe that the CX checkin counters at TBIT (flying CX883 out) only opens at about 7pm. I don't want to sit around the terminal waiting to be able to recheck my bags, so is there an hourly storage in TBIT which I could drop my bags off and use the time to make a trek to In-N-Out, roam around the area or even venture into LA?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
LAX Day Storage? United Club? Other Options?

Spending a day in Los Angeles, and would like to store a small messenger bag at LAX (near the United gates) for the day so I don't have to lug it into town with me. I'm premier platinum, but don't have a United Club membership (does the United Club there even have storage?).

What are my options? United Club day pass? Any other options?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:33 am

You can buy a one-time pass (~$50) but theoretically it is only valid for a single visit so you'd need to buy a second one to get your bag back. Also, there are no lockers in the club and only the T6 club has a bag storage room, though you are not supposed to leave your stuff there unattended for many hours.

Something like these guys is probably a smarter play.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I tried to do this at SFO and was told they did not have the ability to store bags and it was not allowed. The only place for sure you can do this is at EWR club next to Starbucks. They have lockers and I have left my bag there and went into the city for the day. But this was a CO club where the rules are different. I think the LAX CO club had a bag storage room like CLE but no lockers.

Last edited by buckeyefanflyer; Dec 22, 2013 at 7:50 am
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

You will not be able to store your luggage at the LAX United Club. But you could pay to store it at the place above for $5-7 per day.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by sbm12
Something like these guys is probably a smarter play.
Yes, very unfortunately, as far as I know, this is the ONLY possibility at LAX
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The clubs have rooms for bag storage (can't remember 100% about the LAX layout), but they are usually open shelves - so there is a high risk of your bag being looted while you're in town. As suggested, go for the paid secure storage option.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by mdpdjx

You will not be able to store your luggage at the LAX United Club. But you could pay to store it at the place above for $5-7 per day.
I used this place a few years ago. It is actually a car rental with a storage room. You remember the commercial about Budget (I think) versus "the other guys" This is "the other guys". They even have a wooden Indian in front!

Frankly, I think it would be less hassle to just carry around a messenger bag for a day than to hassle the storage.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Frankly, I think it would be less hassle to just carry around a messenger bag for a day than to hassle the storage.
I agree! Another option: a rental car for a few hours (costs you probably 20-30 dollars).
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:08 pm

Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if you were to rent a car for the sole purpose of locking your bag in it, i.e., if you were to just put the bag in the trunk, lock the car, and leave it in its spot on the rental car lot until you come back.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by flyingnosh
Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if you were to rent a car for the sole purpose of locking your bag in it, i.e., if you were to just put the bag in the trunk, lock the car, and leave it in its spot on the rental car lot until you come back.
You have to drive the car out of the rental car lot and drive it to the public parking lot (2-3 minutes drive).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.