Consolidated "Luggage Storage at / near LAX" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Luggage Storage at / near LAX" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:40 pm
In memoriam

As far as I know there are no luggage storage facilities at LAX. The old coin operated lockers are long gone. Could be used to house bombs is evidently the thinking.

Of course, you can always go to one of the hotels near the airport and ask the bellman to store your stuff for a few days. I've had good luck with this approach around the world.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:18 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No luggage storage within the LAX perimeter due to security. There are several companies offering offsite luggage storage, such as http://www.laxluggagestorage.com/index.html which offers pickup and delivery at any LAX terminal (for a fee). Lots of other choices, but it is an unregulated and somewhat fly by night business (some past providers have gone out of business). I've never used any of them. Too bad US airports don't offer left luggage service (unlike many foreign airports, which do security scanning and storage at the airport).
Old Jan 31, 2007, 1:08 pm

Day storage in LAX or nearby?

Hi all... I'm flying through LAX on my way from Dulles to Auckland this friday, and I have a 7 hour layover. So, having read a bunch of advice on here, I'm planning on going to Venice Beach (or another nearby one).

The problem is that I'll be carrying on a few things with me that I'd like to be able to store during the day. I know LAX doesn't have lockers or left luggage, but do any of the nearby beaches have lockers that I could store a bag or two in for a few hours while I wander around? Or, failing that, does anyone know how trustworthy these luggage storage services are? Has anyone here used them?

Thanks,
-Tom
Old Jan 31, 2007, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I'd say either rent a car (insta-locker) or try my hand at one of the hotels ("I'm checking in later")

But can't you check your bags all the way through, leaving only hand luggage?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:23 pm

Programs: KL Life Platinum, QF Platinum, OZ Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Also on the same topic, I was looking for day rooms that could serve the same purpose for luggage storage. Anyone has ideas for day hotels around LAX?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:07 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by azpyre
Also on the same topic, I was looking for day rooms that could serve the same purpose for luggage storage. Anyone has ideas for day hotels around LAX?
A $20 Priceline rental car will hold all of your gear and will even transport you to your favorite beach. Also, $20 to your friendly bellhop at any hotel should take care of baggage storage. No need to concoct a story.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 8:01 pm

Thanks guys. I had been resisting the rental car thing, but for $22 + a few bucks for gas, I might as well!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 1:51 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by mbstone
A $20 Priceline rental car will hold all of your gear and will even transport you to your favorite beach. Also, $20 to your friendly bellhop at any hotel should take care of baggage storage. No need to concoct a story.
Wow! Fters are generous! I have paid from nothing (China, Japan, France) to two or three bucks (New Orleans pre Katrina) to store luggage at a hotel. If I were doing it at LAX I think 5 bucks would be my upper limit. IMHO, For twenty bucks a car rental seems a lot more useful.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
FTer Needs Help w/ Luggage for 1 Week @ LAX or area

Received a PM from connex2me, saying he'll be transiting from New Zealand to Europe, but with a week's stay in the US to do some MRs. Because checked luggage is usually not a good idea w/ MRs, he asked if I could store his luggage for the week and I had said yes.

But now I'll be out of town when he arrives (and possibly when he returns). I had suggested that he store his luggage (which contains clothes/paperwork) w/ bellman, but he's going to be pricelining hotels so not sure if he'll be at the same ones, and a tad concerned about leaving some important paperwork in just bellman's area.

So - anyone have any ideas for connex2me? Does LAX have storage lockers? Any other places to store? Anyone live near relatively close to LAX who'd be willing to store a suitcase?

connex2me is arriving in LAX on August 11th. He said he'd spend a week doing MRs, so my 'guess' is he'll be back through on the 18th.

I'm going to send him a link to this thread to check for responses, as I'll be in SAN & then SEA & not checking FT very much.

Cheers.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 7:20 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
PM me... it should not be a problem. I am leaving for on night on the 12 but otherwise I am in town. As long as there is nothing illegal in the bags I don't mind.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 21, 2014 at 12:30 pm Reason: redact phone number - may not even be accurate today
Old Aug 5, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
There is 405 Self Storage, La Cienega Bl., 1 Blk N of El Segundo Bl., where a month of storage can be had for maybe $40 (plus your rental car expense in getting over there).
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:06 am
Suspended

Crap, I was on the same flight back from SYD as connex2me, he never mentioned this to me or I could have taken his bags for the week.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:22 am
JTG

Programs: UA/AA/SW/MR Gold/Hyatt/HH
Has anyone heard from connex2me? We had made arrangements thru PMs, but he dropped off the communication channel as of Friday? Hope he's not still in the customs line . . .
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Holey moley! I just got back from out of town & just heard about the immigration line I'll PM him & see if we can get an update.

Cheers.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:11 pm

LAX luggage storage... anyone used this?

Title says it all really!

www.laxluggagestorage.com

Looks good - if as advertised... doing an o/n MR (6-8 segs) AFTER the "real" visit and prior to coming home on the next USA trip and it would (obviously!) be better to NOT take the suitcase!

Anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.