Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bus between terminal 3 and 4 at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2001, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Bus between terminal 3 and 4 at LAX

I needed to connect between terminal 3 and 4 at 11:15pm last week. I waited for the bus for about 10 minutes.

Eventually I opted for walking.

Does anyone know what time the bus stops running? Shouldn't they post this?
Old Jul 9, 2001, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question...

So many people seem to get stuck trying to get between terminals. Most of the time, it is people who aren't familiar with the airport... it really doesn't seem clear.

I hope at some point that there is some automated transportation b/w terminals- especially since LAX is such a busy transit point for interline connections between airlines; particularly for international connections.

Kevin
Old Jul 9, 2001, 9:29 pm
Original Member

There are two buses that could have handled your need. On the top level (departures) there would have been the AA bus which runs between 3 and 4. On the bottom level (arrivals) there would be the LAX "A" bus for connections.

I have seen the LAX bus run pretty late, however based on the traffic that could occur late at night especially around T7 anything is possible.

I don't know about the AA bus.
Old Jul 13, 2001, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Hpw long does it take to walk? I have 45 minute connection between flights on my way to the flyter talk gathering

TIA
Old Jul 13, 2001, 9:16 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Under ten minute walk. However you will need to clear security again.
Old Jul 14, 2001, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
i had tried the AA bus once...5-10 min wait, 5 min in driving.

if u choose to walk, it should be about 10 min. u r basically cross Tom Bradly the international terminal -- which isn't too large
Old Sep 15, 2001, 12:55 am

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
Please excuse me...I seem to be having a (premature) senior moment...but I can't for the life of me remember if the AA bus between T3 and T4 runs within the secured area.

Have a connection between the terminals next week, would prefer to walk, but if it means having to re-enter security, that might not be feasible.

Can someone please refresh my memory?

TIA.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 1:52 pm

Both the LAX terminal shuttle and the AA shuttle are landside outside of security. You will need to clear security again to change terminals, even if you walk.

The AA shuttle operates on the upper departure level outside of Terminals 3 and 4. The LAX terminal shuttle operates on the lower arrivals level. Catch this shuttle at a stop marked overhead with a blue sign (the "colors" and signage were overhauled about six weeks ago).

At present the LAX terminal shuttles and parking lot shuttles are extremely packed with bewildered passengers. I would recommend the short walk between terminals.

Since I don't often change planes at LAX I've never tried this, but it should be possible. Take the Eagle shuttle from T3 to the Eagle Terminal, disembark, then board the Eagle shuttle to T4. This is all airside, so you wouldn't have to clear security again. This would normally be a large pain, but if the security checkpoints are backed up this could be better. Again, this is all theoretical, I've haven't actually done it.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:37 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by LAX/EXP
Since I don't often change planes at LAX I've never tried this, but it should be possible. Take the Eagle shuttle from T3 to the Eagle Terminal, disembark, then board the Eagle shuttle to T4. This is all airside, so you wouldn't have to clear security again. This would normally be a large pain, but if the security checkpoints are backed up this could be better. Again, this is all theoretical, I've haven't actually done it.
Does anyone know if this is still possible?

I've got a long layover from UA (T6) and would like to make over to T2 for the lounges there.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by LAX/EXP
Yes this is possible, and is generally much faster than clearing security. I transfer frequently between AS and AA at LAX. There are usually buses that run T3-Eagle and T4-Eagle, so you need to do a bus change at the Eagle terminal. Early in the morning and late at night the frequency is reduced and you may get a bus that runs T3-Eagle-T4. Just tell the driver where you want to go when you get on and he/she will let you know if you need to change buses or not.

There is usually someone at T3 and T4 checking tickets to be sure you actually need to change terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.