Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]

Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]

Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by SoCal
Assuming you land at T7 or 6, I wouldn't run with bags to TBIT. Take the shuttle. I'd be surprised if UA didn't tag your bags for your ultimate Australian destination (i.e, you won't have to recheck your bags). Do ask about the boarding pass, as well. We had one case, involving separately-purchased tickets, going from DC to Sao Paulo via Miami (changed airlines), when our bags were transferred but we still had to get our onward boarding passes in Miami.
Thanks SoCal!

This is all one purchase so I'm hoping I get both boarding passes at the beginning. I *should*.

Where is the shuttle located in T7? I will be landing at T7. I would think my luggage would be tagged all the way through but you never know.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:25 pm

Where is the shuttle A located in terminal 7? I need to get from Terminal 7 to TBIT and am trying to determine whether I should walk or take the shuttle but at the very least, I'd like to know where the shuttle is located so I can take it if that's what I choose. Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tenacioustins
Where is the shuttle located in T7? I will be landing at T7.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Where is the shuttle A located in terminal 7? I need to get from Terminal 7 to TBIT and am trying to determine whether I should walk or take the shuttle but at the very least, I'd like to know where the shuttle is located so I can take it if that's what I choose. Thanks!
Just walk out of the arrivals level and go out under the Blue sign. The A shuttle will then proceed around to Terminal 1, then 2, then 3. If you walk, just walk along the terminals as the numbers go down to the end of the U. The arrivals (upper) level is usually easier to walk along.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:25 pm

Thanks...looks like I just have to walk outside.

Only reason I asked is because I am used to landing in T4 and taking the shuttle from gate 44 airside so I wasn't sure if it was just outdoors. But it looks like it is so I will just wait outside. Or run up the sidewalk depending on how much time I have. And hope I don't have bags to recheck! That would be a nightmare.

Should I go up to the departures level at T7 or do that at TBIT? Sorry for the million questions. Not really freaking out here, but I want to sort of map it out in my head because of the limited time I"ll have to get around.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:38 pm

Only reason I asked is because I am used to landing in T4 and taking the shuttle from gate 44 airside so I wasn't sure if it was just outdoors. But it looks like it is so I will just wait outside. Or run up the sidewalk depending on how much time I have. And hope I don't have bags to recheck! That would be a nightmare.

Should I go up to the departures level at T7 or do that at TBIT? Sorry for the million questions. Not really freaking out here, but I want to sort of map it out in my head because of the limited time I"ll have to get around.
If you want to see the sun, get up to departures level as soon as possible at T7.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:57 pm

Awww unfortunately my flight lands at 9:40pm, something tells me there won't be any sun

But I probably will do that to save myself the hassle of trying to go up at TBIT. I'll have enough trouble finding security and all that. I am so thankful that my flights back are the same, because I am such a zombie on the way back!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:00 am

Awww unfortunately my flight lands at 9:40pm, something tells me there won't be any sun

But I probably will do that to save myself the hassle of trying to go up at TBIT. I'll have enough trouble finding security and all that. I am so thankful that my flights back are the same, because I am such a zombie on the way back!
Well, then enjoy the open sky.

Also, at that hour, the upper level should be a bit calmer with fewer domestic departures out of T6, T5, and T4.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:06 am

That's true. I landed at 8:30pm before with the AA flights, and it was fairly quiet in both T4 and the TBIT. Not worried about the people. Just worried about getting where I need to be. I think I will make sure to let Qantas know that I am on the way, if I end up running out of time. I know that on a couple of my Qantas flights, they held it an extra 10 minutes or so for someone to get there. I just do not want to miss that flight, as I am sure anyone can understand! I definitely would enjoy the open sky and the fresh air...won't be seeing it for another 16 hours and even then I have a 3 hour car ride back "home" (it feels like a home away from home....at my best friend's house there).
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:06 am

I believe the shuttle is at the arrivals (lower) level, but you can ask at T7 when you arrive. The shuttle goes counterclockwise do you'll go out to the airport's entrance and circle back past T1, T2 and T3 before getting to TBIT. You get out and take an elevator or escalator to go to the departures level. Easy.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by SoCal
I believe the shuttle is at the arrivals (lower) level, but you can ask at T7 when you arrive. The shuttle goes counterclockwise do you'll go out to the airport's entrance and circle back past T1, T2 and T3 before getting to TBIT. You get out and take an elevator or escalator to go to the departures level. Easy.
Yep...sounds easy!

On hold with United right now, all I want to know is if they'll check the baggage through but it's taking forever and I don't know if they will EVER pick up the phone lol
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:56 am

Should I go up to the departures level at T7 or do that at TBIT?
The inter-terminal shuttle runs only on the lower level (arrivals). If you decide to walk, do so on the upper level - less fumes and noise.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
The inter-terminal shuttle runs only on the lower level (arrivals). If you decide to walk, do so on the upper level - less fumes and noise.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!!

I finally got ahold of United and this really nice lady was very warm and friendly with me and they do indeed have baggage agreements with Qantas so all I'll have to do is walk or shuttle from T7 to TBIT and I know I'll have enough time to do that. Now I can breathe easy and relax about my trip.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:11 am

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!!

I finally got ahold of United and this really nice lady was very warm and friendly with me and they do indeed have baggage agreements with Qantas so all I'll have to do is walk or shuttle from T7 to TBIT and I know I'll have enough time to do that. Now I can breathe easy and relax about my trip.
And they'll give you your Qantas boarding pass, as well? Then you wouldn't have to go to the Qantas check-in line at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.