Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Can I check in Airside LAX Bradley?

Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum

I flew from PHX-LAX, managed to get my bag ticketed through to BKK (airtag says it’s at Bradley Terminal yay). But I am NOT checked in, they need to see my travel docs and at PHX they couldn’t check me in….so do I need to go back out (maybe a shorter journey just walking over to Bradley since I have Clear/Precheck etc) or should I take the shuttle bus over to Bradley but where would I check in? At the gate? Is that risky for some reason such as they show up after the landslide check in is closed? Thanks!!
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Don't miss the check-in cutoff time! If you do, you may not be travelling. The Skyclub in T2/T3 can check you in. Otherwise just exit and re-enter, since you have Pre/Clear it will be fast. Waiting till the gate is indeed risky
Powers106 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Delta's T2/T3 are now connected airside to TBIT. There are no more buses for that.

(Remaining airside buses are T1.5-TBIT West for the LCCs and AA's T4/5-Eagle's Nest.)
Powers106 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Powers106
I flew from PHX-LAX, managed to get my bag ticketed through to BKK (airtag says it’s at Bradley Terminal yay). But I am NOT checked in, they need to see my travel docs and at PHX they couldn’t check me in….so do I need to go back out (maybe a shorter journey just walking over to Bradley since I have Clear/Precheck etc) or should I take the shuttle bus over to Bradley but where would I check in? At the gate? Is that risky for some reason such as they show up after the landslide check in is closed? Thanks!!
Who are you flying? DL/KE? KE/KE? You can do OLCI in app or on website. If not go straight to gate. There will be someone there who can check you in.
SPN Lifer and Powers106 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 2:45 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Theres a Delta service center as you walk towards TBIT just after the T3 gates branch off which should be able to check your docs and chdck you in

Also I thought that the kiosks could verify you docs too
Old Oct 11, 2023, 6:08 am

I have always assumed you could check in at the departure gate and show docs there. Is this not true with some airlines?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pfreet
I have always assumed you could check in at the departure gate and show docs there. Is this not true with some airlines?
I think that's true, but check-in cut-off time for international flights is 1 hour before departure. I've had flights where the gate agents only arrive at the 1 hour mark, so that's risky. They might be able to override the cut-off (not sure, I've never tried), but I don't think you'd want to push your luck when you're taking a long TPAC trip. Especially when there are other check-in options readily available
Old Oct 11, 2023, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Depends on what airline we are talking about but one of the option below will work:

1. Online check in and verify passport - lots of airlines now allow you to verify your passport with their app. This probably works if you are traveling on a passport that doesn't require a visa to enter Thailand.
2. Use the airside kiosk to check in which should have a passport scanner. Same caveat about visa apply.
3. Go to the airline lounge and check in if you are flying premium cabin or have status.
4. Online check in or use kiosk and go to the gate for them to verify passport before boarding.
5. Go back to landside and check in at the counter of the airline flying if you really enjoy the TSA line
Old Oct 12, 2023, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Just an update: I was able to check my bag all the way from PHX to BKK even though I had 2 separate tickets (PHX-LAX on Delta, LAX-ICN-BKK via Delta but on KE metal) (and the bag arrived!), but for the check in on the KE flights they couldn’t do that from PHX. So I ended up doing the OLCI and then had a boarding pass printed at the gate. One complication was that I had to re-enter all my info like passport number etc which is normally pre-filled in when I have a Delta flight, so I was kind of hesitant since I didn’t want it to “forget” that I have Global Entry/Pre-check etc but since I was airside in LAX that was fine. The lounge at T2 wasn’t at all interested in trying to check me in (so I did the OLCI while sitting there) and I also managed to check out the lounge at T3 (very cool) and was happy to learn I could walk inside without taking a bus as in the past (that was new to me and easy). Thanks for the help!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.