Wiki Posts
Search

Long Layover at LAX questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Long Layover at LAX questions

It's not strictly FL question, but figured it might be the best place to ask...
I have 7 hours daytime connection at LAX next week (domestic to TATL). Are there any airside lounges at LAX where I could leave my hand baggage while I leave the airport to grab some lunch at Manhattan Beach? I could use any One World lounge, or Centurion (my connecting flight is on the same ticket, so I think I should have access more than 3 hours before departure). Is leaving baggage airside while I leave the airport even allowed?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by APPL
It's not strictly FL question, but figured it might be the best place to ask...
I have 7 hours daytime connection at LAX next week (domestic to TATL). Are there any airside lounges at LAX where I could leave my hand baggage while I leave the airport to grab some lunch at Manhattan Beach? I could use any One World lounge, or Centurion (my connecting flight is on the same ticket, so I think I should have access more than 3 hours before departure). Is leaving baggage airside while I leave the airport even allowed?
The answer is likely no. If feasible, you should consider renting a car so that you can store your luggage there. I am assuming there’s no left luggage set up at LAX?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
The answer is likely no. If feasible, you should consider renting a car so that you can store your luggage there. I am assuming there’s no left luggage set up at LAX?
Renting a car to store the bag while having lunch in Manhattan Beach? I do not think that is a good idea at all.

https://laxluggagestorage.com/
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
If you have just a roll aboard luggage, I would just take it with you.

Maybe you can try to check your luggage at the Hyatt bell desk across the street from LAX... just tip generously.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks everyone. I figured this might be the case. I'll just take it with me, won't be too much of a hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.