Wiki Posts
Search

Laguna Beach: what is the best hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2021, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat; SPG Plat
Laguna Beach: what is the best hotel?

We plan on spending a few days in Laguna at the end of August. Is the Montage worth the price or are there other upscale hotels on/near the beach that you would recommend?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Surf and Sand is really nice. I have not stayed there, just went for drinks. I have also had drinks at Montage and it looks spectacular although I don't know if it is worth the money.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by corky
The Surf and Sand is really nice. I have not stayed there, just went for drinks. I have also had drinks at Montage and it looks spectacular although I don't know if it is worth the money.
I stayed at Surf & Sand Resort a few years back for a conference, and the room was very nice, but the grounds (other than the views) were not nearly as nice as the Montage, Ritz Carlton, etc. Also, there wasn't much nearby the resort, as well.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:12 pm

I haven't been to this particular one but Montage properties in general are fantastic. I'd recommend them over RC.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Trustguy
I stayed at Surf & Sand Resort a few years back for a conference, and the room was very nice, but the grounds (other than the views) were not nearly as nice as the Montage, Ritz Carlton, etc. Also, there wasn't much nearby the resort, as well.
Agree with all of the above. It is a ~20 min walk or 5 min drive to the center of town, so it's not too out of the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.