Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Alternatives to LAX-it

Alternatives to LAX-it

Old May 24, 2021, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Alternatives to LAX-it

After more than a year of not traveling, a recent trip with a fair amount of luggage has proven once again that the LAX-it system doesn't work very well for travelers with luggage. Traveling by myself with carry-on only, walking to LAX-it, even from T4 is OK. But with others and luggage, it doesn't work so well.

What are some good alternatives?
  • Anybody have experience with UberBlack, which can still pick-up curb-side at LAX?
  • What about car services? Any recent experience with particularly good ones? I've checked Yelp and other online reviews and they are mixed, although there seems to be a few highly rated services. Some of them seem to have gone out of business. Most of the services seem to be in the $80-$120 range, which we would be willing to pay in some circumstances. We would typically be going to the South Bay, less that 10 miles.
  • Public transit with luggage is worse than LAX-it with luggage.
A little background. We recently came back from a LONG oversees trip with luggage, around midnight. Walking from T4 with the luggage we had wasn't feasible. LAX-it busses were pretty crowded. The trip from T4 to the lot took a long time on a very roundabout route. Uber was operating in "match a rider with a driver" mode rather than the "get a code and grab the next car" mode. And there was a line for cabs, so no quick exit from LAX-it. It was enough to get us to consider other options should be be in a similar situation again.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I always use Uber Black, mainly because I get much nicer rides. But a definite side benefit is their ability to do curbside pickup so I can avoid the LAX-it stuff. Usually Black runs about 3x the price of UberX, which for my fairly short ride home is well worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.