Wiki Posts
Search

Best Strategy for Quick LAX Exit?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum
Best Strategy for Quick LAX Exit?

Not looking forward to flying into LAX in 2 weeks but it’s the only airport that can get me in early enough in the day. Flying Southwest.

Is hiring a black car the fastest way to get picked up? Any other strategies?

Not excited to spend the extra cash but really don’t want to deal with a shuttle for an Uber unless you tell me the process is really smooth and quick.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Southwest operates out of T1 at LAX, which is right next to the Lax-it lot where taxis and ride share services pick up passengers departing from the airport.

The following threads have useful information:
chrisl137 and jerry a. laska like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I like the idea of walking, is it close?

If we are running late due to a delay, can I call an Uber Black and have it pick me up right outside the terminal?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kryssa
Thanks. I like the idea of walking, is it close?
Originally Posted by TWA884
Southwest operates out of T1 at LAX, which is right next to the Lax-it lot where taxis and ride share services pick up passengers departing from the airport.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

I guess “next to”‘ could be a 2 minute walk or a 15 minute walk. That’s what I was asking about.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About 0.2 mile from the curb to the Uber pickup island in the LAXit area. Last time I was there was early february and Lyft hadn't switched back to the queue with pin codes - it was street-style where you order one and they pair you with a driver who may be 1 minute or 10 minutes away. I think Uber was still the same.

Whether a curb pickup is faster is a tossup. After pickup they probably can't get across to East Way to shortcut across the loop, but times have generally been short to get through the loop. There's a twitter feed @flyLAXStats that gives times through the upper and lower level, and it looks like 4-5 minutes most of the time, but can be 10-15 on the lower level at peak times.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Kryssa
I guess “next to”‘ could be a 2 minute walk or a 15 minute walk. That’s what I was asking about.
Under five minutes. LAX-it is basically across the street from T1.
jerry a. laska and ajGoes like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.