Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Mandatory quarantine for LA County arrivals

Mandatory quarantine for LA County arrivals

Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Thank you. from the link in that link, the CDC guidelines indicate that my daughter will need to quarantine. Will that preclude an overnight stay in a hotel?
It shouldn't.

As TWA884 said - there's never been any enforcement. I live in LA County and have been flying out and back regularly and there have been no issues. The form was like jaywalking - it was a mechanism they could use to detain people who were doing something egregious, but as long as you were making a reasonable effort to not spread covid, nobody was going to do anything. It just wouldn't have been possible for a number of reasons. And now LA county is basically going full open, with no masks required (at least not by governmental agencies) in most environments if you'e vaccinated, but it's also basically all honor system. The group fitness workouts I attend have alternate sessions for mask-optional and mask-required, where the option of no mask is only for vaccinated people, but it's also honor system. They've been very good about complying with local rules, including coming up with gloves on an hour's notice when Pasadena briefly added them as a requirement, but there's never been any visible enforcement.

And if your daughter is eligible to be vaccinated and willing, there are free vaccinations using the J&J vaccine (one and done) at LAX during regular business-ish hours (7am-5pm). The county (and I think all California) policy is that anybody can get a shot. You'll be asked for ID and insurance, but if you don't have them or don't want to show them it doesn't matter - you can still get a vaccine for free, no hassle, and probably minimal wait.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Thank you. from the link in that link, the CDC guidelines indicate that my daughter will need to quarantine. Will that preclude an overnight stay in a hotel?
Those are recommendations, not requirements.

How old is your daughter?
Old Jun 19, 2021, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by TWA884
Those are recommendations, not requirements.

How old is your daughter?
She will be 11. Not eligible for vaccine for a while yet.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It doesn't really seem worthy of its own thread, and it's related to quarantine policies, so I'm going to post it here, but mods should feel free to move it if there's a better spot.

Starting Saturday July 17, indoor mask requirements return to LA because of the rapid spread of covid (including the Delta variant) in LA, largely among the unvaccinated. Reports say there will be some exceptions, but details aren't out yet. This doesn't directly affect LAX, since masks were already required by federal rule, but probably does mean the LA City arrivals form will stick around for a while.

ETA: I should also have noted that the Cities of Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Pasadena *may* establish different policies than LA County since they each have their own health department. So far all three have worked closely with each other and the county to keep policies relatively consistent across the county, but there are also differences in vaccination and infection rates among them, so some deviations are plausible.

Last edited by chrisl137; Jul 15, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Second reminder!

Originally Posted by TWA884
This is an informational forum and thread!

Please limit your posts here to factual discussion the implementation and enforcement of the quarantine.

If you wish to debate the wisdom or effectiveness of quarantines and mask mandates or argue about how COVID-19 spreads, please do so in OMNI/PR (access to the OMNI forums in restricted to members who have been registered for 180 days and posted 180 messages).

Any messages that deviate from this directive will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for understanding and your anticipated cooperation,

TWA884

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.