Reload this Page >

Mandatory quarantine for LA County arrivals

Mandatory quarantine for LA County arrivals

Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
It's really just an acknowledgement that you've read the guidance on covid for LA and CA. It's pretty trivial to fill out, and there's nothing about time frame within which you're supposed to fill it out before or after arrival. I suspect it will disappear some time around April 15 or some time after when someone realizes it's still up and vaccine availability outstrips demand for a week or two.
What happens after that week or two?

David
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
What happens after that week or two?
Someone will figure out that the form is still there and doesn't make sense, since most restrictions will be significantly relaxed, and take it down.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
California Department of Public Health Travel Advisory (Updated April 2, 2021):
The State is issuing the following recommendations, which supersede the Travel Advisory issued on April 1, 2021
  • All travelers arriving in or returning to California from other states or countries should follow CDC travel guidance.
  • All travelers who test positive or develop symptoms of COVID-19 should isolate and follow public health recommendations.
  • Fully vaccinated travelers:
    • are less likely to get and spread COVID-19, and can travel safely within the United States and California
    • should follow CDC travel guidance, and are not required to test or quarantine before or after travel unless they have symptoms concerning for COVID-19 disease.

Non-Essential Travel of unvaccinated persons
  1. Except in connection with essential travel[ii], Californians should avoid non-essential travel outside of California, to other states or countries unless they are fully vaccinated. Avoiding travel reduces the risk of virus transmission, including by reducing the risk that new sources of infection and, potentially, new virus strains will be introduced to California.

i "Non-essential travel" includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature.
    ajGoes likes this.
    Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:46 am

The Traveler Form at travel.lacity.org, has been updated to reflect the County Health update of April 5, which reflects the state update of April 2, as detailed by TWA884 in post #18.

You must still submit the form, but now you attest to understand that fully vaccinated asymptomatic travelers do not need to quarantine.
    ajGoes and LETTERBOY like this.

Last edited by paul_from_losangeles; Apr 7, 2021 at 1:05 am
    Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:44 am

LAX quarantine unvaccinated

I may be flying BKK to LAX to get a COVID vaccine. Rules seem to say quarantine in LA is required for unvaccinated, non essential travel.

https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely

However, my travel is essential as I need the vaccine. They give the Johnson shot at the airport.

Is this enforced? Do they check to see if one has been vaccinated?
    Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:16 am
    Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
    Absolutely not enforced, it’s a pure joke.
    lobo411, ISTFlyer and LETTERBOY like this.
    Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
    It wasn’t even enforced during the wave over the winter. I did abide by it Because I was just overnighting for a layover but no one said a word at the hotel about it. With CA restrictions being dropped on the 15th is LA county still hanging on to that requirement?
    lobo411, GUWonder and LETTERBOY like this.
    Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:11 am
    Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
    Has the US ever had the ability to enforce a travel quarantine that is more stringent than any local covid regulations? I think not. Don’t worry if you are eligible to cross the border. Even in California.
    LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 12, 2021 at 9:46 am Reason: Save the political commentary for OMNI/PR
    Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
    Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
    Has the US ever had the ability to enforce a travel quarantine that is more stringent than any local covid regulations? I think not. Don’t worry if you are eligible to cross the border. Even in California.
    hawaii and New York did but that’s because the national guard met every flight. Otherwise none that I can think of.
    LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 12, 2021 at 9:46 am Reason: Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post
    Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:51 am
    nrr
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
    Originally Posted by sfgiants13
    hawaii and New York did but that’s because the national guard met every flight. Otherwise none that I can think of.
    it should be DOUBLY emphasized that NYS has removed the “quarantine” rules and NG agents are no longer being deployed. What is not 100% clear: are NYS health forms still required? When the quarantine rules were in place, the only item that was checked by NG agents was that the health form (electronically or at the gate) was completed.
    LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by nrr; Jun 12, 2021 at 7:56 am
    Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:14 am
    Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
    It wasn’t even enforced during the wave over the winter. I did abide by it Because I was just overnighting for a layover but no one said a word at the hotel about it. With CA restrictions being dropped on the 15th is LA county still hanging on to that requirement?
    Technically, the restrictions from the CDC are only being dropped for vaccinated people. Unvaccinated people are still required to wear a mask.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 12, 2021 at 9:53 am Reason: This is an informational forum. Stick to offering advice and save the political commentary for OMNI/PR.
    Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:55 am
    Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Note

Reminder!

Originally Posted by TWA884
    This is an informational forum and thread!

Please limit your posts here to factual discussion the implementation and enforcement of the quarantine.

If you wish to debate the wisdom or effectiveness of quarantines and mask mandates or argue about how COVID-19 spreads, please do so in OMNI/PR (access to the OMNI forums in restricted to members who have been registered for 180 days and posted 180 messages).

Any messages that deviate from this directive will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for understanding and your anticipated cooperation,

TWA884
    The same goes for comments about those who refuse to wear masks or be vaccinated!
    ajGoes likes this.
    Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:22 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
    The wife and daughter are potentially going to overnight after a long haul at LAX before driving to their final destination. They will be arriving from the UK. Do the L.A. County, California State and Federal rules allow for this. Wife is vaccinated, daughter is not.

it would be unfair to ask them to do a long haul flight and then drive another 3 hours without a rest first.
    Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
    The wife and daughter are potentially going to overnight after a long haul at LAX before driving to their final destination. They will be arriving from the UK. Do the L.A. County, California State and Federal rules allow for this. Wife is vaccinated, daughter is not.

it would be unfair to ask them to do a long haul flight and then drive another 3 hours without a rest first.
    As of June 15, 2021, California is fully open and there are no mandatory restrictions or quarantine. Even when the quarantine was in effect, no one was enforcing it.

Here are the latest voluntary guidelines:
    Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:53 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
    Originally Posted by TWA884
    As of June 15, 2021, California is fully open and there are no mandatory restrictions or quarantine. Even when the quarantine was in effect, no one was enforcing it.

Here are the latest voluntary guidelines:
    Thank you. from the link in that link, the CDC guidelines indicate that my daughter will need to quarantine. Will that preclude an overnight stay in a hotel?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.