Bus Center Shuttle at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:42 am
Administrator
Original Poster

Programs: Internet Brands
Bus Center Shuttle at LAX

Hi Everyone,

I don't own a car, but have a trip to Vancouver planned this December. Now, I've taken the bus to the LAX City Bus Center (in fact, it's the same bus I take to get to the office every morning!) and then gotten onto the free shuttle that goes from the bus center to the terminals.

Is there a reverse shuttle that goes from the terminals to the bus center? I won't have anyone to pick me up and would like to just take the bus/Metro home when I get back. If so, where do they pick up? On the Arrivals level? I've never seen a stop for them.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it picks up on the lower level. Until Oct 29, 2019 it picks up on the islands by the blue signs (wraps on the pillars). After 3 am on the 29th (assuming everything switches when it's supposed to) they'll pick up at the terminal curb on the lower level, and personal pickups will move to the islands.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:02 am

https://www.flylax.com/en/lax-traffi...transportation

LAX City Bus Center. Passengers wishing to use this shuttle bus service should wait under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrivals Level islands in front of each terminal and board the LAX City Bus Center/Lot South shuttle. Bus service does not operate from 2 A.M.-4 A.M. daily.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
https://www.flylax.com/en/lax-traffi...transportation

LAX City Bus Center. Passengers wishing to use this shuttle bus service should wait under the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrivals Level islands in front of each terminal and board the LAX City Bus Center/Lot South shuttle. Bus service does not operate from 2 A.M.-4 A.M. daily.
As has previously been posted by @chrisl137, that is scheduled to change on October 29, 2019 at 3:00am. @IBJoel is traveling in December, well after the change is scheduled to take place.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:23 pm
Administrator
Original Poster

Programs: Internet Brands
Thanks guys! I'll be arriving back at 11am or something like that, so I'm all good on the time.
IBobi (That part's a test. Ignore it)
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
So the old Lot C bus used to stop at the cell phone waiting lot (first stop outside the airport) which means you can walk to the City Bus Center without circling the parking lot.

The current City Bus Center/Employee Parking lot bus doesn't stop at the cell phone waiting lot so you have to stay on the bus until the very end to reach City Bus Center. It's roughly a 15 minute ride from T7 to the City Bus Center with the majority of that time spent circling the parking lot. Since it is also Employee parking shuttle, the bus will get really packed during shift change (like around 11 am - 12 noon).

I took the shuttle from T5 to City Bus Center last Thursday at 11:30 am. Traffic was horrendous and because of the overcrowding during shift change, the stop at T6 and T7 each took about 5 minutes for passengers to retrieve their luggage and disembark - basically everyone standing had to exit the bus to the curb allow people with luggage to exit the bus, and then everyone got back on again.Took about 40 minutes to get from T5 to the City Bus Center. I could have walked there in about 25 minutes. Hopefully, this will change after October 29 when the LAWA buses will get its own lanes to avoid the traffic.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bzcat
Took about 40 minutes to get from T5 to the City Bus Center. I could have walked there in about 25 minutes. Hopefully, this will change after October 29 when the LAWA buses will get its own lanes to avoid the traffic.
I used to walk back to Lot C all the time as the buses got less frequent (and would sometimes skip T7 because they were full). If you're a fast walker and just have carry-ons it's probably less than 25 minutes. Google shows it as 1.0-1.1 mile walk (Century vs. Vicksburg) and 22 minutes, but it's not hard to walk faster than Google. I recommend Vicksburg - you can almost count the rivets in the incoming planes from the top of the Vicksburg bridge.

(ETA: Google routes you west around P7, but I think it's shorter to go east around it, or you can probably walk through P7, either of which should make it 0.1-0.2 miles shorter)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.