Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX-it - no Uber or Lyft pick-ups at terminals

Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: downinit
What's New on October 29:
Taxi/Uber/Lyft/Opoli/TNCs pickups move from Upper Level to LAX-it (east of Terminal 1, follow Lime Green Signs or take green LAX-it shuttles on Lower Level Inner Curb)
Taxi(only) in addition to LAX-it, taxis can also be picked up inside parking structure 3 (between TBIT & Terminal 3, lower level) and at the far end of Terminal 7 (outside baggage claim); if there are no taxis in the rank, there is a sign with a number to call to request one
Hotel/Private Parking Shuttles move from Lower Level to Upper Level (Red Signs)
FlyAway (Light Blue Signs) and all LAWA buses (A - Airline Connector, C - LAX City Bus Center, E - Lot E, M - Green Line, X - Employee parking) move from Lower Level Outer Island to Lower Level Inner Curb (Pink/Magenta Signs)
Shared Ride Vans (e.g. Super Shuttle), Charter Buses, and Scheduled Buses/Shuttles (Antelope Valley, Central Coast, Mickey's Space Ship, Santa Barbara Airbus, Shuttle One, Shuttle 2000, Ventura County Airporter) move and consolidate to Lower Level Outer Island Curbs (Orange Signs)
Rental Car Shuttles move to different locations on the Lower Level Outer Island Curbs (Purple Signs)
TCP (Limos/Uber Black/Lyft Lux Black) and Personal Vehicles (e.g. a friend you coerced into picking you up) move from Lower Level Inner Curb to the Lower Level Outer Island Curb (White Zones/Painted Curbs)

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with time to T1 from outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.
Skift Press Release (scroll down to the PDF for details of who picks up where)
New LAX Pickup Locations effective 2am 10/29/19 (pdf from Skift press release in first post)
Oct 31 LAX press release on LAX-it updates
Print Wikipost

LAX-it - no Uber or Lyft pick-ups at terminals

Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dlaue
And, there is NO more heavily policed area than LAX airport. NONE.

If you really want to cheat the LAExit system, take the free shuttle to the Aviation/LAX metro station and call Uber for pickup from there. You will ride a bus for 15-20 minutes. I don't know what it would save you? $5 maybe?
At demand pricing and the LAX markup, a few more dollars than $5.

David
Old Nov 22, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dlaue
And, there is NO more heavily policed area than LAX airport. NONE.

If you really want to cheat the LAExit system, take the free shuttle to the Aviation/LAX metro station and call Uber for pickup from there. You will ride a bus for 15-20 minutes. I don't know what it would save you? $5 maybe?
And that $5 seems to be paying for a lot of very well marked shuttle buses. I generally drive myself and park in Economy, which now has shuttles coming at a pretty reasonable frequency. I generally see a steady stream of LAXit buses go by, often nose to tail with each other, while I'm waiting for my parking shuttle. The bus ride to LAXit is quick, since they get to use the fast lanes, and if you're at T6 or T7 and don't have luggage it's usually a pleasant walk over to LAXit after sitting on a plane for a while.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 11:20 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
If only In N Out Burger had a shuttle bus, they would solve two problems at once!
pudgym29, dlaue and bzcat like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by chrisl137
and if you're at T6 or T7 and don't have luggage it's usually a pleasant walk over to LAXit after sitting on a plane for a while.
Yep, although waiting for the Walk signs on the signaled World Way crosswalks seems like it takes forever.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 5:23 pm

LAX-it

Does anyone have insight on where LAX-it will be moved to eventually? Presumably one of the APM stations--which one?
Old Oct 29, 2023, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lyrad89
Does anyone have insight on where LAX-it will be moved to eventually? Presumably one of the APM stations--which one?
If you mean the rideshare station (not sure if there's any more to LAX-it than that) then I think it's going to be at the West ITA station.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 1:51 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
https://www.lawa.org/connectinglax/i...ation-facility

LAX-it will become Terminal 0
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
LAX lower level drop off

Does anyone know if Uber and Lyft are now allowed to drop passengers off on the lower level? I heard that the rule prohibiting it was relaxed.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Does anyone know if Uber and Lyft are now allowed to drop passengers off on the lower level? I heard that the rule prohibiting it was relaxed.
On the LAX website it still says drop off is upper level only for all modes. However, I'm not sure how strictly it is being enforced - their own social media accounts are known to advise people to use the other level if there is congestion. I have asked to be dropped off at lower level before and the Uber driver always agreed. I do add an extra tip if they do though... it's the least you can do for asking someone to do something technically out of bound.
corky and TWA884 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.