Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Flying DL to LAX, can I get to any priority pass restaurants?

Old Aug 28, 19, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Flying DL to LAX (looks like Terminal 2 or 3), can I get to any priority pass restaurant? Have about 2hrs layover, have TSA-PRE.

Looks like it's between Rock & Brews (Terminal 1) or PF Changs (TBIT). There seems to be a shuttle between T2, T3 and TBIT, but is the entire TBIT accessible? Priority pass seems to indicate PF Changs at TBIT is international flights only? I'm on domestic.

The other option for Rock & Brews doesn't look like there is any transfer within the secured area?
Old Aug 28, 19, 8:46 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Once you are at TBIT, you have full access to the entire concourse.

In addition, you can access any LAX terminal with a same day boarding pass for a flight departing LAX.

Old Aug 29, 19, 12:57 pm

You would need to exit security to get to T1, but there should be an airside shuttle to TBIT. Despite being the 'international terminal', there is no requirement to be flying internationally as there would be in many airports outside of the USA. One does not ever formally exit the USA, so there is no sterile area past immigration for outbound passengers who are exiting the USA (since there is no outbound immigration line at all).

I would highly advise PF Changs over Rock n Brews. While I am no fan of PF, there is a lot more seating available and it is more relaxing than Rock n Brews. Being able to get there airside is also a benefit, depending on how busy the security is (T1 is almost always busy). I am also pretty sure that Rock n Brews ripped me off on my last PP visit, only deducting $18 instead of $28. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to catch my flight and I was not sure at the time what the benefit was supposed to be.
Old Aug 30, 19, 11:05 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
The last time I did the T2/T3 transfer to TBIT, it was a bus to the far north end of TBIT. It's a bit of a walk from there to PF Chang's, which is in the center of TBIT.
If they seem to be moving slowly (although that might be different with the elimination of the benefit for Amex PP members), sit at the bar. Service is infinitely better and faster at the bar.
Old Sep 3, 19, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Agree PF Chang is superior choice over Rock N Brews in this case. Not only is it air side transfer, the food is better (we are grading on the curve here).

Also TBIT is nearly 50% domestic departure in terms of aircraft movements now days give fairly extensive AA and DL use or certain gates. So the "I" in TBIT is a bit of a misnomer.

Search this Thread