Search

I'm walking to LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
I'm walking to LAX

This morning. It will be quicker than taking the shuttle van which can take an hour to swing around to 4.

I don't know how pedestrian friendly it is but I'm going to find out soon. I'm close--right at the entrance on Century Blvd (Homewood Suites).

Here goes nothing.
LAX_BillyJoe and jerry305 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Depending on the time of day, I've often taken the hotel shuttle as far as T1 or T2 and then walked across to T7. Faster or not, it beats sitting in the traffic.
Oxnardjan and LAX_BillyJoe like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I walked from LAX to Manhattan Beach once. People thought I was crazy but it was only 4 miles.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Since OMNI is for topics other than travel, points of miles, we are moving this thread to the Los Angeles forum.

Cholula
OMNI Co-Moderator
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well? How'd it go? I have had to get out and walk from Century when traffic was backed up. It's not a very pleasant walk as you maneuver around people, luggage, carts, cars, etc. I would be dripping sweat by the time I got to the gate. I think I'd rather sit in AC shuttle or taxi.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I do it all the time. 10-15 minutes from nearby hotels depending on your walking speed and the terminal you are heading to.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
No problem! 20 minutes from the Homewood Suites to T4. Beats the shuttle that easily would have taken 45 minutes plus. There is signage too to direct you for the walkers.
ctbarron, wrp96, altabello and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
No problem! 20 minutes from the Homewood Suites to T4. Beats the shuttle that easily would have taken 45 minutes plus. There is signage too to direct you for the walkers.
Aren't you walking along where everyone is doing curbside check in?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:04 pm

Nobody walks in LA
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I walk to the terminals from the Cell phone/remote drop off lot or In-N-Out all the time... usually faster than shuttle to T4 or T5.

I live 2 miles from LAX so I've also rode my bike to LAX a couple of times when I did day trip and didn't have luggage.
Beano likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bzcat
I walk to the terminals from the Cell phone/remote drop off lot or In-N-Out all the time... usually faster than shuttle to T4 or T5.

I live 2 miles from LAX so I've also rode my bike to LAX a couple of times when I did day trip and didn't have luggage.
I used to walk to Lot C all the time because the shuttles were infrequent late in the evening (or would be full and just drive past T6 & T7. The down side of lot E is that it's a much longer walk than C was. I recently had a personal trip ending late sunday night, with work travel early monday so I burned some points and stayed at one of the hotels just outside the airport on Century and walked to/from it. It's an easy walk and faster and more reliable than dealing with buses.

I'd find a way to bike at least partway to LAX if there was secure bike parking or it was easier to fly with a bike (I don't want to spring the $$$ for a folder with a trailer that becomes the travel case).
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I've done it from the Four Points. Also from the Four Points to In-N-Out. It was not an unpleasant walk.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
How did you do it? All along main roads or did you cut through parking lots or something?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Originally Posted by Herrick
Nobody walks in LA
Except when In-N-Out is at stake
altabello likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX is so broken.
Oxnardjan, pinniped and GUWonder like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.