Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Exclamation Three Lower-Level Lanes Will Be Closed @T3 Until Mid-August

NBC LA:
Three Lower-Level Lanes Will Be Closed Until Mid-August at LAX
Old Apr 9, 19, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I thought this was an April Fools joke, but it is a week late, and the joke will be on everyone. I just recently booked a trip where BUR or LAX would work (with LAX slightly more convenient), and am now so glad that trip will be on JetsuiteX.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 19, 9:22 am

I drove by it yesterday afternoon. I was there to pick up someone from TBIT. P3 lot was completely full. They won't even let you get in. P4 was full too but they let you get in. I had to circle the floors for 20 minutes before finding a spot. Maybe P3 is normally bad, but I think the closure may have added some more cars (normally would have been curb pickups) to P3.
Old Apr 12, 19, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
How are they handling rental car, hotel and parking shuttles? It could take over an hour to get around the airport if everyone is squeezed into the remaining lanes.
Old Apr 12, 19, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
How are they handling rental car, hotel and parking shuttles? It could take over an hour to get around the airport if everyone is squeezed into the remaining lanes.
Don't know yet, but if you've only got a carry on it's probably going to save a lot of time to get off at T1 and walk (esp. to T7), or walk from T1/2 to 7 to get picked up. At busy times it saves time even when all the lanes are open.
Old Apr 12, 19, 9:50 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
How are they handling rental car, hotel and parking shuttles?
Those are not located in the inner lanes, those shuttles pick up and drop off passengers at the center isle between the inner and outer lanes. Only the taxi and shared ride vans are located in the closed area. Passengers using those services will have to walk to T2 or TBIT.

Here is a map of the ground transportation stops:
LAX Ground Transportation Waiting Areas
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Flyaway bus locations also disrupted (although I don't recall they ever stopped in front of TBIT): https://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr...329-story.html
Old Apr 15, 19, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I was at the LAX yesterday (sunday) around 8 pm so nearly the peak departure drop off time for TBIT. And... it wasn't that bad. Traffic flow didn't seen worst than normal despite the lane closure.

But still, If I was going to TBIT, T4, T5, T6, or T7, I would still get dropped by at T2 and just walk to the other terminals. (T1 drop off is usually very congested so not a good place to get dropped off unless you are going to T1)
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
I was at the LAX yesterday (sunday) around 8 pm so nearly the peak departure drop off time for TBIT. And... it wasn't that bad. Traffic flow didn't seen worst than normal despite the lane closure.

But still, If I was going to TBIT, T4, T5, T6, or T7, I would still get dropped by at T2 and just walk to the other terminals. (T1 drop off is usually very congested so not a good place to get dropped off unless you are going to T1)
Except for maybe TBIT or T4 (or even T3 for that matter), why not simply stay to the left and cut across using either East Way or West Way to get to the terminals on the south side of LAX?

David
Old Apr 16, 19, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Except for maybe TBIT or T4 (or even T3 for that matter), why not simply stay to the left and cut across using either East Way or West Way to get to the terminals on the south side of LAX?
yes. the main reason to walk across is if you're on a shuttle that normally is going to stop at all the terminals. It can be as much as 30 minutes around the loop (based on watching the lot C bus tracker). If you're getting dropped off by family or a Lyft/Uber, it makes sense to use East or West way. I have drivers drop me at T7 instead of T6 (and walk from 6 to 7 for pickup) to save time either driving around, which can still be a bit slow, or keep from having to wait for a Lyft driver to go through the loop when I could walk for a minute and get picked up 10 minutes faster.
Old Apr 18, 19, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
Flyaway bus locations also disrupted (although I don't recall they ever stopped in front of TBIT): https://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr...329-story.html
Flyaway used to stop in front of TBIT until a few months ago. They turned that stop into an airline crew shuttle stop, redirecting Flyaway riders to T3.

Search this Thread