Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX moves forward with plans for Concourse 0 and Terminal 9

LAX moves forward with plans for Concourse 0 and Terminal 9

Old Jun 10, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I rode my bike to LAX several times for quick same day return trips to Bay Area on WN before. It's pretty convenient when you don't have any luggage because bike parking was right outside T1 so easy to use if flying WN. Not sure if bike parking has been moved due to all the construction.

Based on the number of bikes I saw, I think a lot of people (maybe mostly employees) do ride to LAX.

And just to clarify... LAMP project does not include bike lanes in CTA. Just on the streets around LAX.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by bzcat
I rode my bike to LAX several times for quick same day return trips to Bay Area on WN before. It's pretty convenient when you don't have any luggage because bike parking was right outside T1 so easy to use if flying WN. Not sure if bike parking has been moved due to all the construction.

Based on the number of bikes I saw, I think a lot of people (maybe mostly employees) do ride to LAX.

And just to clarify... LAMP project does not include bike lanes in CTA. Just on the streets around LAX.
I'm pretty sure the T1 bike parking is still there when I walked to the terminals a week or two ago I'm pretty sure I saw it. I've also observed the bike parking next to TBIT shown in the link below.
https://www.flylax.com/lax-parking-information
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I'm pretty sure the T1 bike parking is still there when I walked to the terminals a week or two ago I'm pretty sure I saw it. I've also observed the bike parking next to TBIT shown in the link below.
https://www.flylax.com/lax-parking-information
Here's the bike parking map:

Still, for some employees (office types), this may make sense. Still probably need access to showers, lockers, etc. For most of the hourly employees working in the CTA who arrive all dressed in uniforms to work in shops, behind ticket counters, etc., I don't see them making much use of this. Their commutes are probably sizeable anyway given the cost of affordable housing in the region.

For travellers, riding bikes to/from LAX makes no sense with any amount of luggage. And, if you have a decently priced bike, leaving it for days at LAX seems to invite access by persons with kleptomaniac tendencies.

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.