Reload this Page >

Long-term Lot C at LAX Closing to be Replaced by Lot E near Proud Bird

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald

In the Los Angeles Times:
Long-term Lot C at LAX about to close, replaced by Lot E near Proud Bird

Say so long to Lot C, the cheap but often packed long-term parking facility at LAX. The large lot will close to new customers April 1. Those already parked there at the time will have till April 19 to remove their vehicles.

In its place, meet Lot E, a new long-term lot that opens March 28. As with C, parking there will be on a first-come, first-served basis.

The new lot means many more long-term economy spaces. Lot C had dwindled to 800 spaces. The new lot will hold 2,000 vehicles initially and 2,700 when fully open in mid-June.

<snip>
Unfortunately, Lot E is much farther from the terminal than Lot C and the shuttle ride may take approximately 30 minutes.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:51 am

That's going to put a lot of pressure on the private lots. I hope we don't start seeing price increases.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:25 am

From looking at the location on the map, it looks like Lot E is more or less the old Lot B.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:41 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
From looking at the location on the map, it looks like Lot E is more or less the old Lot B.
Lot B was on the northwest corner of La Cienega and 111th St., immediately east of Lot E. Lot E was formerly the employees parking lot. Most recently it was used for employee RV parking. The employees were relocated to Employees Lots East and West, which are across Manchester parkway and just north of Lot C. There is/was also Employee Lot South on the northwest corner of 96th and Jenny Streets.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I used to park in Lot C overnight while staying at the Renaissance LAX. It was a short walk from parking to hotel & vice-versa. Is Lot E the same distance or farther to this hotel?

Like the fact Lot E has much larger capacity over Lot C.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allset2travel
I used to park in Lot C overnight while staying at the Renaissance LAX. It was a short walk from parking to hotel & vice-versa. Is Lot E the same distance or farther to this hotel?
It's approximately 2 miles away.

Here's a link to a PDF of a map of the LAX parking lots and structures:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
LAX Parking Lot map.pdf (141.4 KB, 128 views)
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by TWA884
It's approximately 2 miles away.

Here's a link to a PDF of a map of the LAX parking lots and structures:
I like the Lorem Ipsum that was left on top of Terminal 1 in the PDF map:

David
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Like the fact Lot E has much larger capacity over Lot C.
Over Lot C in its current state, but Lot C used to be over 5000 spots. At 2700 it's going to be packed all the time. The private lots are expensive enough that I switched to taking Lyft to the airport - it ends up costing about the same in mileage+parking. The downside is that it helps clog up the loop with a lot of extra cars that could be replaced by a single bus from the airport.

I used to park in B until it closed - it was a buck or so cheaper and the buses from the terminal ran more often in the evening. It's easier to get to, since you don't have to go through the tunnel to get to the lot (and don't have to wait in line at the 105 exit at peak times). The bus has to deal with traffic on century, but that's probably generally better than the tunnel.

ETA: looking back at the consolidated parking thread C used to have over 5000, and at 2200 was basically full all the time. Even at 5000 there used to be times around holidays when C was full.

Last edited by chrisl137; Mar 20, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Check out cheapairportparking.org for excellent rates at hotels and other private parking facilities at LAX.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally used lot E this week. It's much better lit than Lot C was, though it still has dim areas. I was there early in the morning (maybe 5:15 am), and traffic was light, so my total time from Pasadena to the gate in Terminal 6 was about an hour, including the bus ride. There's no depot like in the old C lot - it's just buses that circulate the lot then head out, and part of the lot is still taped off, so not all spaces are available. Apparently the monday after easter is a light business travel day, so it was less than half full, as indicated on the website and it was easy to park. On return I just missed the bus as it was pulling away from the curb, so probably had a near maximal morning (9:30 am) wait and it was still only half an hour from the gate to my car (no bags to pick up). The exit is fully automated, at least for now - there are two lanes, one credit card only and one credit card and cash where you stuff bills into the machine, with no human available at the exit. There were signs to imply that there were machines you could use to pay before leaving, but I didn't look very hard for them.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
So how do I get to the City Bus stop now with no Lot 'C' shuttle?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:21 pm

Location: Los Angeles and Eastern Sierra (weekly travel to SJC). "Home airports": LAX/BUR/BIH/SJC
Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, TSA Pre
I hate this new lot. It is so far away and takes forever to get to the terminals. It still regularly fills up even though it's supposedly bigger(?) than Lot C.

I miss Lot C.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DataJunkie
I hate this new lot. It is so far away and takes forever to get to the terminals. It still regularly fills up even though it's supposedly bigger(?) than Lot C.
It's bigger than the reduced size of lot C at the end of its life, but it's half the size of what Lot C used to be.

I've used E a bunch of times now, and don't mind so much. The bus frequency to C had gotten really low, and buses would often be full by T6 and T7 and just blow right past - I started just walking back to C quite some time before it closed. The view of landing aircraft from the Vicksburg bridge was great. Lot E also avoids the traffic backup on the 105 caused by the tunnel - I've had it take almost an hour to get from the lineup to exit the 105 to T1 (I was on the Flyaway and didn't have a choice at that point).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.