Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Flying out of Los Angeles After Cruise/ which airport is best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying out of Los Angeles After Cruise/ which airport is best?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Gold Elite
If you have GE bring your card with you to get through immigration at the port faster. They only accept your card as they msy not have the kiosks present at airports. Agree with the”walk off” option- have done that several times
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sweetsleep
If you have GE bring your card with you to get through immigration at the port faster. They only accept your card as they msy not have the kiosks present at airports. Agree with the”walk off” option- have done that several times
Thank you everyone for your knowledgeable feedback!

TSA Pre-Check only, No GE. We each have 1 big bag and 1 carry on. We are on NCL and will definitely try to make it with the carry off option. Unless a more favorable time closer to 12 or 1 opens, it's important to me to try and get this 11;15 a.m. flight time to get home same day.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by thoward8111
Flight is weekend on Sunday. The cruise itinerary doesn't have us in port until 8:00 a.m. and I am not sure how quickly we would be able to be off of the ship. It sounds like we need to rethink 11:15 LAX.
You will be fine on a Sunday morning. Stick with your plan a fly out of LAX at 11:15am. There will be UBER and LYFT readily available at the cruise terminals. Its going to be a 25-30 minute drive from the cruise to LAX. And maybe another 10-15 minutes traffic within LAX.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
You will be fine on a Sunday morning. Stick with your plan a fly out of LAX at 11:15am. There will be UBER and LYFT readily available at the cruise terminals. Its going to be a 25-30 minute drive from the cruise to LAX. And maybe another 10-15 minutes traffic within LAX.
Thank you. I think I will move forward with this plan.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
I don't know if this is even the case any more, but I haven't been through port of LA in a while. However, since June, I have cruised out of Seattle, Tampa, and Fort Lauderdale and in all 3 they just did a quick glance at the passport.
It is definitely a lot faster than it used to be.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
I don't know if this is even the case any more, but I haven't been through port of LA in a while. However, since June, I have cruised out of Seattle, Tampa, and Fort Lauderdale and in all 3 they just did a quick glance at the passport.
It is definitely a lot faster than it used to be.
Ditto in Miami a week ago. No blue card, they asked what we were bringing in, and as I started rattling off all the dairy products they said "have a nice day"
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JDiver
Though this is marginally about a specific airline because the OP is proposing flying on an airline award, it’s centered on the Los Angeles Cruise Port in San Pedro and it’s timely accessibility to regional airports. This thread is moving to the proper destination forum (leaving a durable trailing link so it can be searched for in the original forum).

Thank you,

LAX is 20 miles via I-405, which generally can take 30-50 minutes or longer, depending entirely on day, time of day and, mostly, traffic conditions.

Illustrations:

Los Angeles: San Pedro and Long Beach cruise ports

Greater Los Angeles Area airports (major airports denoted by blue arrows) and cruise port location
Not to be too picky, but you have LGB closer to the harbor than it actually is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.