Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Escape Lounge at ONT [Closed]

Escape Lounge at ONT [Closed]

Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:54 pm
ryw
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
So I’ve been doing some digging around on the Ontario International Airport Authority (OIAA)’s website and public meeting minutes/agendas to try to figure out what’s going on. Long story short, it looks like the airport terminated a contract early with MAG USA, a contractor that operated both online parking pre-booking and the Escape lounges (for unknown reasons).

The longer version:
In December 2017, OIAA authorized negitations with MAG to design, construct, operate, and maintain common use lounges in terminals 2 and 4 (and provide some parking services) ( https://www.flyontario.com/sites/def...2-security.pdf, pg 3). This agreement went into effect in June 2018 (https://www.flyontario.com/sites/def..._secured_2.pdf, pg 75)

It’s not clear what the dispute was or why the contract was terminated, at least from what I can find so far.

But in August 2020, ONT put out a request for proposals for providing car parking and bus shuttle services at the airport, and they made a decision in early 2021 to a contractor. MAG USA, which unsuccessfully bidded, submitted a Notice of Protest, in part arguing that they were not chosen due to an early termination of their current agreement with ONT for car parking and lounge services (which the OIAA refutes) (https://www.flyontario.com/sites/def...t_-_public.pdf, pg 43). Relevant quote here:

MAG argues that OIAA failed to consider in the RFP process the alleged impacts of early termination of MAG’s current agreement with OIAA for online car parking and lounge management services at ONT. Issues related to MAG’s lounge management contract at ONT were not at all a part of the RFP for consolidated car parking and bus shuttle services at ONT.
It's still unclear what those particular issues were, as they don't seem to be listed in public documents that I can find.
writerguyfl and simonsuo like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:23 pm

I also read those OIAA minutes and assumed there was a significant falling out between MAG and OIAA. Maybe the club situation got caught up in MAG not being awarded the parking contract. Interestingly, Escape had previously scrubbed their website of any reference to Ontario but now, if you Google: Escape Ontario Airport, the pages for both clubs are back up with the "Centurion Partner" logo and listed as "temporarily closed." It's still not listed in the drop down menu of clubs but it is intriguing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.