Reload this Page >

Where to Eat at LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to Eat at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Where to Eat at LAX

This is the most comprehensive guide of food options at LAX that I've seen in years.

Eater Los Angeles:
Where to Eat at LAX, Fall and Winter 2018

Holiday travel can be a frustrating experience. After dealing with packing, traffic, and airport security lines, there's nothing worse than sitting down to a horrible airport meal. Luckily, LAX has made some major improvements to its dining scene over the past several years. Here now is Eater's list of what is currently open in each terminal, with recommendations on which eatery to go to enjoy a pre-flight meal.

LAX’s Five Standout Places to Eat

1. Shake Shack (T3)
  2. Cassell’s Hamburgers (T1)
  3. Cole's (T4)
  4. ink.sack (TBIT)
  5. The Border Grill (TBIT)
Note: I left out the authors' notes about their five recommended establishments - just follow the link to read their comments; these recommendations are followed by a complete list of all restaurants, bars and fast food outlets at each of the terminals.
i8aapple likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Eater publishes these for lots of major airports. I usually find them helpful if I know I'll be sitting down for a meal and have some time to kill.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: Avis Prefered Plus
If you can arrange it, the pancakes at the LAX employees’ cafeteria are the best I’ve ever eaten.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Dining Guide to Los Angeles International Airport

Dining options at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) were once limited to fast food and the now-closed Encounter Restaurant in the iconic Theme Building. But the situation has improved dramatically in recent years, the result of a multi-billion dollar capital improvement project. The centerpiece is the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), a state-of-the-art, $1.7-billion facility that solidifies L.A.’s status as a vital international gateway. Tom Bradley International Terminal features luxury shopping and a sophisticated dining collection that showcases the best of L.A.’s global flavors. From transformed terminals to recent additions throughout the airport, read on for some of the best dining options for LAX travelers.

<snip>
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Does anyone have a recommendation for a LANDSIDE place to eat at LAX? My wife and I hope to have dinner with a cousin of hers during a five-hour connection (arrive AA, depart QF) the day after New Year's. The cousin wants to eat at the airport rather than picking us up, eating nearby, and dropping us off. She is also not someone who would buy a refundable ticket to get airside and then turn it in after dinner. Short of persuading her to do one of these, does anyone have a favorite landside eatery? (The two linked articles don't say which side of security the restaurants they discuss are on, other than the first one for TBIT only, but I assume they're mostly airside. Please correct me if that's wrong, too.)
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Efrem
(The two linked articles don't say which side of security the restaurants they discuss are on, other than the first one for TBIT only, but I assume they're mostly airside. Please correct me if that's wrong, too.)
Other than Starbucks in T4 and T6, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in T5 and Dunkin’ Donuts in T7, the only landside restaurants at LAX that I am aware of are the ones listed for TBIT.

All the other restaurants which are reviewed in the articles that I linked are behind security.

I know that this does not apply to your situation, however, you can enter and clear security at all LAX terminals with a same day boarding pass for a flight departing from any terminal.

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 25, 2018 at 5:04 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Am at T7 tomorrow. Recommendations for a meal before flight to UK are welcome!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I got a tuna sandwich from Klatch coffee. It had dill pickle in it. Who the .... puts dill pickle in a tuna sandwich?

the coffee was ok but at the nearby grill they sell Peets coffee.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Does anyone have a recommendation for a LANDSIDE place to eat at LAX? My wife and I hope to have dinner with a cousin of hers during a five-hour connection (arrive AA, depart QF) the day after New Year's. The cousin wants to eat at the airport rather than picking us up, eating nearby, and dropping us off. She is also not someone who would buy a refundable ticket to get airside and then turn it in after dinner. Short of persuading her to do one of these, does anyone have a favorite landside eatery? (The two linked articles don't say which side of security the restaurants they discuss are on, other than the first one for TBIT only, but I assume they're mostly airside. Please correct me if that's wrong, too.)
Not sure if a nearby hotel (that has restaurants) counts as LANDSIDE. How about the Marriott LAX. I stayed here a few times, did notice it has restaurants (never eaten there tho). Hotel runs a free shuttle (about 5 minutes away). Below is a link to the hotel restaurant:
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-resta...2/home-page.mi
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: Avis Prefered Plus
LAX to SYD is 15.5 hours, so an LA Times link & Panchos

Panchos is a few miles from LAX, south on Vista Del Mar in Manhattan Beach. Vista parallels PCH only it’s on the coast. Panchos is popular with South Bay locals (including local TV and movie celebs) for great food, easy prices and their Margaritas. It’s a 10 to 15 minute drive and not by freeway. I know they’re always trying to upscale the terminal dining experience, but unless you want a decent burger or chicken fingers perfected after years of practice, I’d leave LAX. BA used to offer to serve your full chef prepared F/C meal in the club before departure so you could board in your PJs and sleep for the entire flight, but that was only on shorter flights (like ORD or JFK to LHR) to increase dedicated sleep time. I doubt that’s featured on Pacific Rim trips. If the South Bay’s out, I’ll end with a link from the LA Times of good dining opportunities near LAX. The article’s a few years old, but with due diligence and leaving the driving to Lyft, 5 hours is plenty of time to leave LAX, eat well and make it back to TIBIT. Good luck and safe trip.
I apologize but apparently I am not allowed to leave links. I used the Bing SE in Safari and asked, “what’s the best restaurant near lax”
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Apologies if this is slightly off topic for this thread. I have a late evening connection (11:10p landing ->12:40A flight) through LAX next month, both flights will be T5. I see the terminal hours, but wondering if anyone knew if the restaurants in the terminal stay open that late??
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did I read right that there's a PF Changs in TBIT?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Did I read right that there's a PF Changs in TBIT?
According to the LAX Official Site, the restaurants and food and beverage vendors at TBIT are 800 Degrees, Border Grill, Chaya, I Love L.A., ink.sack, James' Beach, KFC, LAMILL Coffee, the larder at tavern, P.F. Chang's, Panda Express, Petrossian Caviar & Champagne Bar, pinkberry, Scoreboard LA, Starbucks Evenings, Starbucks, Treat Me Sweet, Umami Burger, Vanilla Bakeshop and Vino Volo.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I think Habit and Wahoos does a decent job too (T6), but I am not a fan of how Delaware North runs franchises. Aside from the TBIT choices, T5 also has a lot of interesting places (Lemonade and Ford's Filling Station). I expect Delta to do some similar magic in T2 and T3 from what it did in T5.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I'm new to LA and flying out of LAX for the first time Friday night, flying AA terminal 4.

I'm going to have about 3 hours to kill before my flight. What's the best option nearby to grab a couple of beers/food and watch some sports? Doesn't necessarily need to be a "sports bar" but something with some TV to watch while I relax might be nice.

T4 seems pretty blah in that regard, so I'm guessing I'll have to try a different terminal. I do have Priority Pass. KAL Lounge in TBIT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.