Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Stay at Andaz West Hollywood or Four Seasons Beverly Hill?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Dear all,

Me and my wife are going to visit LA during Christmas. Considering our budget and the hotel availability, currently we have settled at Andaz West Hollywood and Four Seasons Beverly Hill. Here are some of my thoughts and infromation.
(1) Andaz, $238/night, we stayed there last year, really nice to complain; working distance to a lot of restaurants and fairly close to shopping spots;
(2) FS at BH, $446/night, can get the third night free promotion through amex fhr system, which makes the rate to $297; I heard that although it is a FS but the quality is just so-so.
Based on your experience, which one should we select? or there is another better choice? Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
The following thread in the Luxury Hotels and Travel forum has several posts discussing the Four Seasons:
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:38 pm

I've stayed at both. The Four Seasons is a better hotel with better amenities, especially if you are booking through FHR. However, the location leaves a bit to be desired. There isn't much within walking distance and the area immediately around the hotel is mainly residential. The Andaz has a better location with closer proximity to restaurants, coffee, shopping at Sunset Plaza, etc. I find the hotel a bit soulless and service is not the strong suit of most of the staff. I also will never understand why they closed in the balconies. I am more a fan of the Four Seasons than some, but sometimes I like a hotel on the Sunset Strip. If you prefer the Sunset Strip location, you may also want to look into the Sunset Tower, which is across from the Andaz and was recently redone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.