Metrolink question

Old Jun 26, 18, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Alaska Mileage Plan, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Metrolink question

I'll be at a thing in Anaheim in August. Thinking of taking Metrolink back into LA after. I've taken it before from Riverside, but I forget how much luggage I had with me, whereas I know how much luggage I'll have with me this time. How is Metrolink nowadays with room for one's stuff?
Old Jun 26, 18, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I see people with luggage on Metrolink quite often. There is no overhead storage but plenty of space under the seats for carryon size luggage. If you have bigger luggage or oversized item, you probably have to leave them at the end of the car where the luggage/bike/stroller parking areas are located.

If you take Amtrak Surfliner, I'm pretty sure they also have luggage compartment at the end of each car.
Old Jun 27, 18, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
If you stay downstairs, it's usually more roomy. There's space in the doorways and as in the photo above, the bicycle car has lots of room.
Old Jun 29, 18, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
If you take Amtrak Surfliner, I'm pretty sure they also have luggage compartment at the end of each car.
You can also check bags for free on Amtrak.

Search this Thread