Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Best way to get from John Wayne Airport to Disneyland?

Old Jan 16, 18, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold

What's the best way to get from John Wayne Airport to a hotel near Disneyland (and also back to the airport a few days later)? The hotel I'm staying at does not have shuttle service.

Should I go with Super Shuttle or spring for an Uber/Lyft, or something else?
Old Jan 16, 18, 10:31 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, AS
I'd recommend Uber over Lyft; either one should be around $16-24 outside of rush hours. Pickup is on the arrivals level and painless; usually there are at least 10-15 people doing the same thing. Typical vehicles are mid-size sedans or occasionally small SUVs, so make sure everybody+luggage fits. I wouldn't bother with SuperShuttle or a cab, as they can get pretty expensive.
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 16, 18, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Polytonic View Post
I'd recommend Uber over Lyft; either one should be around $16-24 outside of rush hours. Pickup is on the arrivals level and painless; usually there are at least 10-15 people doing the same thing. Typical vehicles are mid-size sedans or occasionally small SUVs, so make sure everybody+luggage fits. I wouldn't bother with SuperShuttle or a cab, as they can get pretty expensive.
Well I looked on Super Shuttle's website and can schedule a shared ride for only $10. though I'm not sure how reliable they are. I'm more concerned about making it back to the airport on my return on time, so I'll likely do Uber for that.

Last edited by Mediahound; Jan 16, 18 at 11:30 pm
Old Jan 17, 18, 9:15 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
From the Disneyland website:
Public Transportation from John Wayne Airport (SNA) to the Disneyland Resort

All ground transportation pick-up locations are situated in the Ground Transportation Center (GTC) within easy walking distance from the baggage claim area. The GTC is located on the Arrival (Lower) Level in the center of the East Parking Structure and can be reached from the Thomas F. Riley Terminal by crossing the airport roadway at the traffic light near the John Wayne Statue.

Disneyland Resort Express

The Disneyland Resort Express provides the most convenient mode of transportation between John Wayne Airport and the Disneyland Resort area, including Disneyland Resort and Anaheim Resort hotels. Upon exiting baggage claim, proceed to the GTC. The Disneyland Resort Express picks up Guests in front of the ticket booth located to the left on a regular basis.

Reservations are not required, but there is a fee to ride.

<snip>
Old Jan 17, 18, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post

Thanks. This is another option, $20.
Old Jan 17, 18, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
The OP probably knows this, but to those unfamiliar with the region, SNA is by far the best LA/OC airport to use if your destination is Disneyland. There's still a good chance you'll hit heavy traffic, but probably not that bad in the 14 miles you have to cover from SNA. Next best is LGB.
Old Jan 18, 18, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mediahound View Post
Well I looked on Super Shuttle's website and can schedule a shared ride for only $10. though I'm not sure how reliable they are. I'm more concerned about making it back to the airport on my return on time, so I'll likely do Uber for that.
Biggest issue with using SuperShuttle is that it's a shared van with other people, so you might have to make other stops before you get to your hotel (same for the Disneyland Resort Express bus though). I haven't taken them from SNA, but the last time I took SuperShuttle from LAX to Disney, the first stop was at Knott's Berry Farm and the the other stop before mine was another Disney-area hotel.

Uber or Lyft will be direct door to door with no other stops or passengers, unless you use Uber Pool/Lyft Line.
Old Jan 19, 18, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Use your Amex Platinum Uber credit
Old Jan 20, 18, 3:59 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, AS
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717 View Post
Uber or Lyft will be direct door to door with no other stops or passengers, unless you use Uber Pool/Lyft Line.
Not that it matters in this case, but I don't believe there's Uber Pool in OC. I've never seen it as an option when headed to SNA anyway.

Search this Thread