Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discover L.A. App

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:42 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Discover L.A. App

I saw this in the Los Angeles Times Travel Section:
Are you visiting L.A. or a local looking for a day out? Check out the Discover L.A. app
<snip>

What’s hot: The app uses proprietary artificial intelligence to optimize the user’s Los Angeles experience. “Through smart technology, the app literally knows to serve up soup and indoor dining suggestions on cool days; the closest beaches and ice cream on warm days,” said Don Skeoch, chief marketing officer of Discover Los Angeles. Don’t miss the “Scavenger Hunt” with the pin and map icon in the lower left corner of the app. You can check in at 16 ice cream hot spots across town and unlock stamps for your personal passport and to win prizes. If this is your first visit to L.A., click on the notes board in the lower right section of the app to tap into practical advice such as a Beginner’s Guide to L.A., Metro Map, driving advice and introductions to neighborhoods.

<snip>

What’s not: The “Stay” section was well organized according to travel styles and neighborhood descriptions, but I couldn’t find a way to sort the hotel search results by star rating or price.
Avaiable in Google Play and the App Store:
The official guide to Los Angeles, the Discover L.A. app gives urban exploration a whole new meaning. Sleekly designed and packed with contextually crafted content based on time, weather and location, you’ll want to come back daily in search of what to do next in the City of Angels. Built in partnership with the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the app features a wide variety of events taking place throughout Los Angeles on a daily basis.

Key elements:

• Typical L.A. weather!
  • Top daily events throughout Los Angeles
  • Find the perfect meal based on weather, time and distance leveraging Discover L.A.'s own custom AI
  • Wonderful activity guides for things to DO in L.A. -- discover awesome museums, parks, shops, and hidden gems
  • Go On Location: find places throughout Los Angeles featured in film and television
  • Locate places to STAY in neighborhoods based on your personal interests
  • Go Metro with easily accessible public transportation directions
  • Take part in a Scavenger Hunt across L.A.
  • Like a place? Tap the heart icon to save places to your Discover L.A. Passport
  • Traveler Tools provide a weekly L.A. weather report, currency exchange calculator, and helpful visitor links
  • Need Wi-Fi? Find available Hotspots across the entire city

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.