Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

at LAX, what is this Omni hotel between terminal 4 and TBIT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/sNLaip

"Omni Los Angeles"
Attached Images  
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:42 pm

I can tell you there is definitely not a hotel in that marked space at LAX. That area is a taxiway. The only Omni Hotel I know of in LA is in downtown.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Looks like another one of those intentional false markers placed by people on Google Maps.

Also, if I am not mistaken, Umami Burger at LAX is at Tom Bradley International Terminal. Not at Terminal 4.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
I can tell you there is definitely not a hotel in that marked space at LAX. That area is a taxiway. The only Omni Hotel I know of in LA is in downtown.
perhaps it's in an underground bunker beneath the taxiway?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I reported the issue to Google and the map has been fixed:
Originally Posted by Email from Google Maps

Success

Your edit to Omni Los Angeles has been published. Note that some changes might take up to 24 hours before appearing on Google.

Thank you for improving Google Maps! Your insights make it a better, more useful map for everyone.

Omni Los Angeles

Your edit
Place doesn't exist

Edited on Apr 13, 2017 · Published
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
I reported the issue to Google and the map has been fixed:
wow! how did you get Google to edit it in just a matter of hours?

I've been trying to get them to correct a mistake on my street. (one street that's cut off by a stream, but Google Maps shows it as passable, which results in lots of people making U turns near my house all the time) They kept replying to me that they would look into it, but still hasn't changed it... after almost 2 years.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ShutteLag
wow! how did you get Google to edit it in just a matter of hours?
I clicked on the marker. It opened a side panel. There was a link for "Suggest an edit." I clicked on it, filled in the form and submitted it. I received an email confirmation of the correction within less than an hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.