Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX Midfield Satellite Concourse to [15 West Gates Now Open, 8 More Being Built]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Midfield Satellite Concourse to [15 West Gates Now Open, 8 More Being Built]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by Colin
that would be Midfield Satellite Concourse (MSC) North
Anybody know the timeframe? Two weeks ago they were still installing the jet bridges.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by warrenw
Anybody know the timeframe? Two weeks ago they were still installing the jet bridges.
It's projected to be substantially complete in the second quarter of 2020.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
The original EIR timeline said construction from 2014 to 2019 and service to begin within 120 days of substantial completion.

Construction didn't actually start until late 2015 and the current estimate of substantial completion is 2nd quarter of 2020. Assuming it will take another 120 days or 4 months to get operations in place, you are looking probably End of 2020 opening date.

If I'm a betting man, I'd guess we are almost exactly 1 year from first commercial service at MSC North.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

So I predicted a Nov 2020 opening date in the last post... Would have been a good guess pre-COVID as I see the interior photos of MSC on social media showing it is ready to open.

But not sure if LAWA will actually open the facility since air traffic is still down at LAX.

Interactive map with MSC North now available at the LAX website: https://maps.lawa.org/?s=W3siaWQiOiJ...QiOjR9XQ%3D%3D

Last edited by bzcat; Nov 13, 2020 at 1:36 pm
Old Nov 15, 2020, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
There's still lot of time to beat the long-running debacle of BER airport
Old May 26, 2021, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Midfield Satellite Concourse Airlines at LAX

Dear folks,

I have read in different articles that Philippines Airlines and Frontier Airlines would be moving at the Midfield Satellite Concourse after it's opening.
Is there a list of airlines that would operate from the MSC after its opening? The whole satellite couldn't be reserved for these two airlines and there should be more airlines operating from there.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

MSC (or its official name: Bradley West or TBIT West) is officially share-use concourse just like TBIT East (the original concourse). That means any airline that current use TBIT East can and will use TBIT West (including Philippines Airline). If the airline is already in TBIT for checking, they will use both TBIT East and TBIT West gates.

The "move" you are thinking is which airline will relocate to T1.5 for check in and luggage claim but use TBIT West for departure. According to the LAWA document these are the airlines that were offered compensation for moving to T1.5 for check in:
(https://lawa.granicus.com/MetaViewer...&meta_id=48917)
Aer Lingus
Allegiant
Frontier
Sun Country
VivaAerobus

Frontier decided to leave LAX so they are not moving. See this article and useful photo illustration : https://crankyflier.com/2021/05/18/f...-lax-for-good/

The other guys have accepted the offer and are moving or have already moved. It's possible other airlines that currently uses TBIT for check in were offered to move to T1 for check in but LAWA hasn't posted any such documents.

BTW, this arrangement is only temporary. The new counter space at T1.5 will be going to Southwest in 2 years. New check in counter for TBIT will open in the APM station lobby currently under construction between parking structure 3 and 4. So the airlines moving to T1.5 now for check in/luggage claim will be back at TBIT in 2023.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by bzcat; May 27, 2021 at 2:04 pm
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know if the current airside bus between T2 and TIBT makes a stop at the newly opened MSC West or still the same bus port at the main TIBT? Can I use my BP for a flight departing TBIT to go through security at T2? Planing on visiting Delta SC at T2 since there is no lounge opening at TBIT at this point.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sleepro
Can I use my BP for a flight departing TBIT to go through security at T2?
Yes.

sleepro likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:51 pm

My wife and I recently flew through LAX to Tahiti, and sadly we had to use the Bradley West terminal gates. When we did this route 3 years ago, I was so happy for the Bradley terminal, all the restaurants and shops, design, etc. Now the walk alone to the West gates was heroically long. Then when we get all the way there, there were absolutely NO food options. Being green and having supposedly great technology is one thing; but to ignore food options or warn people that there are no lounges or restaurants at all, was a major oversight IMHO. Bradley went in one fell swoop from our favorite international terminal to the worst.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by yakel
Then when we get all the way there, there were absolutely NO food options.
They have been touting food delivery for a while now:

https://www.lawa.org/news-releases/2...ws-release-017

https://laxordernow.com
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:23 pm

Well the listing we saw last week that was available for delivery at that time was very short and very modest fastfood options rather than our favorite eats in the main Bradley terminal.

Perhaps I could have been more accurate in that there were no decent food options for us.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by yakel
Perhaps I could have been more accurate in that there were no decent food options for us.
While not comprehensive, Urth, Border Grill and ink.sack are all very strong options. With that said I certainly appreciate your perspective, and not having close-by store fronts to visit can really impact one’s experience.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: American Advantage, Kris Flyer
Dear fellow travellers, are there any dining and shopping options now available at the West Gates? From what I can remember at the opening LAWA announced them for end of 2021 without giving too many details .

Thank you and safe travels.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by zarzuela
Dear fellow travellers, are there any dining and shopping options now available at the West Gates? From what I can remember at the opening LAWA announced them for end of 2021 without giving too many details .

Thank you and safe travels.
Not much. There is Playa Vista Coffee and a bunch of vending machines. There are much better options in the main Bradley concourse near the entrance to the tunnel to the West Gates.

Take a look at this map and the Where to Eat at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Fall 2021 thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.