Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I just got home after using this on my trip.

Here's the info from the FAQs:
  1. What if I stay longer than expected?
    1. If you stay longer than expected you will be responsible for paying the outstanding charges upon exiting the parking structure.
  2. What if I stay for a shorter duration than expected after entering the parking structure?
    1. We cannot provide refunds if you decide on a shorter stay.
Additionally, this was in the T&C:Extensions to the Reservation Period

Your reservation is not active until 2 hours before your reservation begins. You are not guaranteed a parking spot until the time you have reserved. If you arrive early, a parking spot may not be available.

If your vehicle stays in the parking facility more than 2 hours after the reservation ends, a new parking session will begin at the posted rates. This additional payment will be required to exit the facility. No refunds are provided for parking stays that are shorter than the reservation period.
So basically it is better to book the shortest period possible and then pay the upcharges?

David
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
So basically it is better to book the shortest period possible and then pay the upcharges?

David
I think it depends. Once I'm sure I'm into a next full day charge and can't game the couple hours, I extend the departure time to the latest it can be without adding a day, so if there are any changes or delays they don't restart a clock on time I could have had at no extra charge.

The Economy Lot has weird breakpoints and it's worth checking a few windows. If you're there for at least 5 days, it doesn't cost any extra to make the reservation for 8 days, so if there's any concern about flights being delayed, changed, missed, or cancelled, you might as well book the full 8, but check first that they haven't changed it. I did that recently where I had a 5 day trip and added a day onto the reservation in case I need to change anything, and didn't pay any more for it.

I also just caught the tail end of the 20% discount in the CTA. I had a 40 hour trip going out on AA and back on DL and just booked a spot in the CTA. I had to scan my QR to get in, but it recognized my plate on the way out and I just rolled past people who were lined up in the other two lanes messing with credit cards.
Statman likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just booked a reservation for the Economy lot and tried to use the discount code LAXNY22 to get a 15% discount, but the reservation system isn't recognizing that nor the LAXSB22 discount code posted above. I just sent a note off to their contact email address with a copy of the email attached - I'll post when I get a response.

Aside from that, the pricing is definitely odd. My flight goes out at 9:15pm on a thursday and comes back at 11:10pm on a tuesday, so I tried pricing it to take advantage of the two hour "free" window at each end of the reservation and it came out $109.99. Then when I priced it to not be right on the edge (and be for a *longer* time) it came up $103.99! And if I add a couple of days it's still $103.99. So once you're close to the 5 day mark, it's worth checking the 5 day pricing, and then adding a free day or three if you have any travel or weather uncertainty.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:52 pm

LAXNY22 was "for an arrival this January or February" and the terms of LAXSB22 were "Pre-book before Feb 28."
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michael Ad
LAXNY22 was "for an arrival this January or February" and the terms of LAXSB22 were "Pre-book before Feb 28."
The email I received twice says about LAXNY22:
Not looking to travel in January or February? Don't worry - use the same code for any arrival for the rest of the year and you'll save 15% on the online rates.
ETA: now I see that the fine print at the bottom says that the offer expires Feb 28, which is a bit of a bait and switch, given the language in the main body. They could have avoided the confusion by adding "as long as you book in Jan or Feb" or something to that effect in the main text. They replied shortly after I posted the quote and applied the discount to the booking I had just made.
Michael Ad likes this.

Last edited by chrisl137; Mar 2, 2022 at 10:08 am
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're planning a trip this Spring Break, don't forget to use official LAX parking, you can't park any closer to your terminal! Pre-book and you'll get 15% off when you use code SPRING15.

* Offer is not valid with Van Nuys FlyAway parking. Offer applies to new bookings only and expires at midnight April 11th, 2022. Discounts are applied to the online parking rates for any arrival on or before December 31, 2022. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time.
OskiBear and chrisl137 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
The Economy Lot has weird breakpoints and it's worth checking a few windows. If you're there for at least 5 days, it doesn't cost any extra to make the reservation for 8 days, so if there's any concern about flights being delayed, changed, missed, or cancelled, you might as well book the full 8, but check first that they haven't changed it. I did that recently where I had a 5 day trip and added a day onto the reservation in case I need to change anything, and didn't pay any more for it.
Is there a maximum number of days that is bookable?

David
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Is there a maximum number of days that is bookable?
I haven't tried to find a max yet. More than about 10 days and it starts to be cheaper to use rideshare, even with as much as rideshare is costing these days.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:21 am

I parked in Terminal P2B for a 4 day trip this past weekend.

Even though the instructions say you have to enter the garage on the arrivals area, construction has closed all of the entrances for P2B on that level so I had to leave the airport and go back to the departures level.

The garage scanner did not recognize the QR code that was sent to me so I had to ring for help and give the person the confirmation code so that the gate would open. Departing was the same as the QR code was not recognized.

We have an electric vehicle so we parked in the EV charging spots, but didn't pay anything to connect because we still had many miles left. I did not receive a citation or anything when we returned.

BTW - it was nice to be able to land and walk directly to my vehicle and not have to wait for a shuttle. I will continue to use the terminal parking and book in advance so long as the price is reasonable.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Statman
BTW - it was nice to be able to land and walk directly to my vehicle and not have to wait for a shuttle. I will continue to use the terminal parking and book in advance so long as the price is reasonable.
Agreed. There's something about airport shuttles that I hate. Maybe it's that sitting sideways just isn't comfortable. Or the terrible drivers. I'll definitely prefer taking the new tram to the parking facility over a shuttle.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I usually park at Joe's on Century when flying Southwest because I can walk to the terminal and back. Unfortunately they are full for this Monday (3/28). Are there any other lots within (short) walking distance from Terminal 1 that are in that same price range that anyone can recommend?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by corky
I usually park at Joe's on Century when flying Southwest because I can walk to the terminal and back. Unfortunately they are full for this Monday (3/28). Are there any other lots within (short) walking distance from Terminal 1 that are in that same price range that anyone can recommend?
I believe the two closest lots are QuikPark and WallyPark Express, but their prices seem to be consistently higher than most. Top Spots uses the same lot as QuikPark, but tends to be cheaper. Also, check out Airport Center Express. Search online for discount codes as well.
corky likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=BeachRat;34110203]I believe the two closest lots are QuikPark and WallyPark Express, but their prices seem to be consistently higher than most. Top Spots uses the same lot as QuikPark, but tends to be cheaper. Also, check out Airport Center Express. Search online for discount codes as well.[/QUOTE
Thanks
aren't Wally & The Parking Spot at the far end of century ? I was hoping to avoid shuttles but it might not be possible.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by BeachRat
I believe the two closest lots are QuikPark and WallyPark Express, but their prices seem to be consistently higher than most. Top Spots uses the same lot as QuikPark, but tends to be cheaper. Also, check out Airport Center Express. Search online for discount codes as well.[/QUOTE
Thanks
aren't Wally & The Parking Spot at the far end of century ? I was hoping to avoid shuttles but it might not be possible.
WallyPark Express, QuikPark( and Top Spots) are very near the Sepulveda/ Century intersection, just behind the Hyatt Regency.
Airport Center Express is a bit further down Century than Joe”s
The Parking Spot is a ways north on Sepulveda, past the In-n-Out.
corky likes this.

Last edited by BeachRat; Mar 27, 2022 at 9:31 am
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BeachRat
WallyPark Express, QuikPark( and Top Spots) are very near the Sepulveda/ Century intersection, just behind the Hyatt Regency.
Airport Center Express is a bit further down Century than Joe”s
The Parking Spot is a ways north on Sepulveda, past the In-n-Out.
Thank you....I booked a spot at Quikpark thanks to TWA884. I found the same place a few bucks cheaper going through cheapairportparking.com so I will use them next time.
Thanks for your help.
BeachRat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.