Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
any discount codes for CTA lots for July travel?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by martial
any discount codes for CTA lots for July travel?
New one just dropped: INDEPENDENCE22

• 10% off Economy General
  • 10% off Economy EV
  • 10% off CTA EV
  • 10% off CTA Premium
  • 15% off CTA Valet
  • * Offer applies to new economy bookings only and expires at midnight July 11 2022. Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before July 11, 2022. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Savings compared to booking Economy General for weeklong stays. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time
martial likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:22 pm

The EV stalls are located on the first and third floors of the new Economy parking structure per a customer service team member of company managing it. FYI
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
I just returned from a three days trip. I parked at the Economy Lot. I used the discount code posted above and received a slight additional EV discount, approx. 5%, for (I drive a plug-in hybrid). I left my car plugged in. Many charging points are covered and not yet operational. I was surprised to see that a significant percentage of vehicles parked in EV spots with functioning chargers were not plugged in (mostly Teslas). The EV discount was more than what I was charged for the electricity.

I prepaid for the parking. The gate opened as I drove in, however, when I left, apparently my license plate was not read and I had to search for the reservation confirmation email to retrieve the QR code so that I could scan it in order to exit the structure.

Due to the airport operated shuttle buses use of the restricted access inner roadway on the lower level, the ride to and from the Economy lot was much faster than I had experienced in the past with The Parking Spot or QuikPark. Also, the Economy Lot shuttles run much more frequently than the private parking facilities' shuttles.

Overall, a positive experience. I will very likely be parking there again.
Craig6z and MNSWEEps like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
I just returned from a three days trip. I parked at the Economy Lot. I used the discount code posted above and received a slight additional EV discount, approx. 5%, for (I drive a plug-in hybrid). I left my car plugged in. Many charging points are covered and not yet operational. I was surprised to see that a significant percentage of vehicles parked in EV spots with functioning chargers were not plugged in (mostly Teslas). The EV discount was more than what I was charged for the electricity.

I prepaid for the parking. The gate opened as I drove in, however, when I left, apparently my license plate was not read and I had to search for the reservation confirmation email to retrieve the QR code so that I could scan it in order to exit the structure.

Due to the airport operated shuttle buses use of the restricted access inner roadway on the lower level, the ride to and from the Economy lot was much faster than I had experienced in the past with The Parking Spot or QuikPark. Also, the Economy Lot shuttles run much more frequently than the private parking facilities' shuttles.

I've seen the same thing with tons of Teslas parked, unplugged, in the EV spots in the main terminal garages. I don't get it.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the Economy Lot shuttles run much more frequently than the private parking facilities' shuttles.
I've used the Economy lot a bunch of times and my experience is that the shuttle frequency is very variable. I've gotten off a plane and gone to the curb and had the tracker show (accurately) that all the buses were at the lot, rather than distributed along the route. Other times it's very quick in both directions. I agree with everything else - it's a major improvement over Lot C and Lot E, and has been steadily improving.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisl137
I've used the Economy lot a bunch of times and my experience is that the shuttle frequency is very variable. I've gotten off a plane and gone to the curb and had the tracker show (accurately) that all the buses were at the lot, rather than distributed along the route. Other times it's very quick in both directions. I agree with everything else - it's a major improvement over Lot C and Lot E, and has been steadily improving.
Even though this was the first time that I parked at the new economy lot, I had taken the shuttle from the airport to the structure twice before that, in May and in June; someone was picking me up at the airport and I did not want them to drive into the loop. Once, in late June, it was at about 10 pm and the other two times, this week and in early May, was at mid-morning. I have not even had the chance to check the tracking map before the buses showed up within a couple of minutes.

I used to park at the Parking Spot and take their shuttle regularly. It was not unusual to wait for 15-20 minutes for one to arrive (even when I called them for pickup as I got off the plane). QuikPark was better, but my wait for their shuttle was never as short as with my three experiences with the new economy lot shuttle. Plus, since they have their own dedicated traffic lanes, the ride through the horseshoe loop on the airport operated shuttles is much faster.
MNSWEEps likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:51 am

good info..did u park on the 1st or 3rd floor EV spots?

Originally Posted by chrisl137
is there a tracker for LAX economy parking shuttles? can you post the details about it? sorry had no idea.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 8, 2022 at 10:16 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
good info..did u park on the 1st or 3rd floor EV spots?
First.

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
is there a tracker for LAX economy parking shuttles? can you post the details about it? sorry had no idea.
LAX Economy Parking - Live Shuttle Tracker
MNSWEEps likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's also in the wiki at the top, so you don't have to dig around for it.

I just had another interesting dynamic pricing experience with the Economy lot.

I made a booking for the economy lot on 6/27 for 7/11 and it was $180 for the economy lot. That's the most expensive I've ever seen per day for Economy. I was updating my travel today after the departure date firmed up, and figured I'd check if I could get a little bit lower price with the INDEPENDENCE22 discount code. So I rebooked (now two days out) same dates, same times, and it's $85 cheaper, only about $24 of which was due to the discount code - it would have been cheaper ($118) to rebook the parking anyway. So it looks like it always pays to re-check the pricing occasionally.

Another useful thing that I haven't fully tested- it pays to have at least two different license plate numbers in your account If you have an existing booking and you have uncertain travel plans that overlap, it won't let you make two bookings for the same vehicle that overlap in time. Your pricing also gets updated (usually upward closer in) as if it's a new booking whenever you change your reservation, even if it falls completely inside the existing reservation, so you can't have travel booked ~1 month out and have two parking reservations for the same car. But it looks like you can book for two different cars (one of which can be fictional) and then once plans are firm, cancel one and change the remaining one to the vehicle that you're going to use, since there's no repricing if you keep the same dates and change the vehicle.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AA CK; UA 1K
Lot full/blocked even with reservation

I recently had a reservation to park in the T-3 CTA lot but when I arrived, the entrance was blocked with cones with no employees present to move them and check reservations. Fortunately the T-4 lot was not blocked off and I was able to park there (though the QR code didn't work for either entry or exit). Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should I have just gotten out of my car and moved the cones in front of T-3?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having been there with employees moving cones in the past, I would have just moved the cone.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Email from Los Angeles World Airports

Have you booked your summer vacation yet? If so, don't miss out on our summer parking promo, book now and get 20% off parking! Just use code SUMMER20 at the checkout.

Whether you're travelling for business or leisure, we've got parking options for all budgets and trip durations.

Don't forget, we offer free changes and cancellations before your booked arrival time, so book online today!

* Offer expires at midnight August 9 2022. Discount is applied to all online parking rates for arrivals on or before August 9, 2022. Bookings must be made at least 6 hours before arrival. Overstay fees will be charged as normal upon exit. Promotion subject to availability. LAWA reserve the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time
chica likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laxflyer47
I recently had a reservation to park in the T-3 CTA lot but when I arrived, the entrance was blocked with cones with no employees present to move them and check reservations. Fortunately the T-4 lot was not blocked off and I was able to park there (though the QR code didn't work for either entry or exit). Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should I have just gotten out of my car and moved the cones in front of T-3?
FWIW, between the cones+attendant thing (and the uncertainty of situations like yours) for what should be automated parking, and how bad/slow traffic can be getting out of the U on return, I've been finding that parking in Economy is overall time-competitive with the CTA parking and way cheaper. There were some hiccups with the shuttles for a while, but it's improving, and once the train starts running it will probably be reliably faster in both directions.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:44 am

EV Experience

Had good experience parking my Tesla Model Y for 10 days. I plugged in the Powerflex cable and left as is until I came back. Hardly paid $2.65 for charging as my battery was 80% anyway when I left. Driving in the bar opened automatically after reading my license plate but going out it did not..so I had to scan the QR code and it all went well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.