Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The 2021 - 2022 LAX Parking Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 10, 22, 10:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DELee
Wiki Link
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 12, 21, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

ITF West parking can't open soon enough for me - LAX is going to need the few thousand spaces before the end of the summer. Checking the CTA lots today, 5 of the 8 lots are showing red - single digit and low double digit empty spaces, and all but one are down to double digits for empty spaces.

Travel this past week is looking like 80% of the 2019 levels and it's starting to pack things like parking and rideshare while those services ramp back up to pre-pandemic levels.

Rideshare pickups in my area have sometimes been long waits (and sometimes double or triple the cost of 2019), so I decided to drive and made a reservation for QuikPark, just north of the Hyatt, starting thursday evening. Most of the other walkable parking seemed to fully book up even earlier. The daily price is up by about $6/day compared to a couple months ago, and for the first time since I've started parking there, they were checking for reservations at the entrance. I also ended up parking on the roof (level 8) where previously I've been able to park on level 4 (lowest self-park) or 5.
Old Jun 12, 21, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by chrisl137 View Post
ITF West parking can't open soon enough for me - LAX is going to need the few thousand spaces before the end of the summer. Checking the CTA lots today, 5 of the 8 lots are showing red - single digit and low double digit empty spaces, and all but one are down to double digits for empty spaces.

Travel this past week is looking like 80% of the 2019 levels and it's starting to pack things like parking and rideshare while those services ramp back up to pre-pandemic levels.

Rideshare pickups in my area have sometimes been long waits (and sometimes double or triple the cost of 2019), so I decided to drive and made a reservation for QuikPark, just north of the Hyatt, starting thursday evening. Most of the other walkable parking seemed to fully book up even earlier. The daily price is up by about $6/day compared to a couple months ago, and for the first time since I've started parking there, they were checking for reservations at the entrance. I also ended up parking on the roof (level 8) where previously I've been able to park on level 4 (lowest self-park) or 5.
Now that Park One is gone, all nearby LAX lots are per day rates. I'm seeing ~$21/day at QuikPark (https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/) with a $3/day online discount. Nearby, I've used Sunrise LAX (https://www.sunriseparkinglax.com/) which books in at ~$18/day when booking online. QuikPark = structure; Sunrise LAX = open air and leave keys with lot.

David
Old Jun 12, 21, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Now that Park One is gone, all nearby LAX lots are per day rates. I'm seeing ~$21/day at QuikPark (https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/) with a $3/day online discount. Nearby, I've used Sunrise LAX (https://www.sunriseparkinglax.com/) which books in at ~$18/day when booking online. QuikPark = structure; Sunrise LAX = open air and leave keys with lot.
QuikPark was as cheap as $13/day+tax a couple months ago (and $11/day last august) if you booked online, but it's been steady at $18/day+tax for the past six weeks or so. It is a convenient walk, though.
Old Jun 12, 21, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QuikPark was as cheap as $13/day+tax a couple months ago (and $11/day last august) if you booked online, but it's been steady at $18/day+tax for the past six weeks or so. It is a convenient walk, though.
Is the $18/day at QuikPark all in or are there still taxes and fees on top of that still?

David
Old Jun 12, 21, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is the $18/day at QuikPark all in or are there still taxes and fees on top of that still?
Tax and "surcharge" on top of the $18. I just started a dummy booking and the surcharge is a $2.75 "airport access fee" and $2.00 "service fee", plus tax. It was also coming up as $24/day over the 4th of july weekend, and back to $21 after that. And that's the online advance rate.
Old Jun 12, 21, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Self-parking is $12.95/day plus taxes with some corporate discounts, valet is $13.95/Day. I receive an email from QuikPark promoting those discounts as recently as a week ago.
Old Jun 12, 21, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Self-parking is $12.95/day plus taxes with some corporate discounts, valet is $13.95/Day. I receive an email from QuikPark promoting those discounts as recently as a week ago.
They aren't pricing anything that low over the July 4 weekend, even with codes. I generated my own code, and also tried one from CSUN that I just found online - better than no code, but not $13/day. Sunrise comes up lower - I might try them over July 4.
Old Jun 12, 21, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They aren't pricing anything that low over the July 4 weekend, even with codes. I generated my own code, and also tried one from CSUN that I just found online - better than no code, but not $13/day. Sunrise comes up lower - I might try them over July 4.
I too am not seeing the $12.95/day. With the corporate rate I received, base rate is $16.95 but with fees, tops out at $21.51/day.

If I have to pay personally and need to leave my car at/near LAX, I'll probably go back to Sunrise as well. Unless the pricing dynamics change, I'll not be using Uber or Lyft unless I'm getting a ride to/from work.

David
Old Jun 12, 21, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I too am not seeing the $12.95/day. With the corporate rate I received, base rate is $16.95 but with fees, tops out at $21.51/day.

If I have to pay personally and need to leave my car at/near LAX, I'll probably go back to Sunrise as well. Unless the pricing dynamics change, I'll not be using Uber or Lyft unless I'm getting a ride to/from work.
Uber/Lyft have gotten really unpredictable in pricing - in 2019 it was ~$50 to LAX and $65-ish home, and $35 each way for me in PDX. I started seeing $100 home from LAX around October, and now I'm seeing $100 PDX-home at the Oregon end, and $50 home-PDX, and unpredictable waits for rides from home in both LA and PDX. With the LAWA off-airport parking closed (no Lot C or Lot E), parking at LAX has gotten expensive, too. Fingers crossed that LAWA might reopen Lot E for a few months until ITF-W opens.

Last edited by chrisl137; Jun 12, 21 at 8:57 pm Reason: remove comment about moving to parking thread, since it's been done
Old Jun 12, 21, 8:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not doubting either one of you, however, here is a copy of the email which I received last week. I had to remove some of the way oversized images, however, those had nothing to do with pricing.
When You're Ready to Fly,
We Are Ready for You

Click below to save up to 50% on parking and simply show your mobile confirmation to be on your way!

Book Self Parking for $12.95/DAY

Ride Easy

Our complimentary shuttles leave every 10 minutes and will get you to your terminal with plenty of time for a coffee break. Pay Our Lowest Rate Available
Our corporate rates are up to 50% off of our daily posted rates. (May fluctuate during peak season) We're Always Open
Our facility is the perfect place to start your trip. We are open 24/7 to accommodate your busy travel schedule.

Due to Covid-19: Valet service has been postponed until 6/30/2021.

We have established a strict company-wide disinfection protocol that has been implemented at our facilities. Among the steps we are taking:

Shuttle Sanitization
  • Limiting shuttle capacity to respect social distancing guidelines
  • Treating all shuttles with an antimicrobial application: a turnkey solution for high-touch areas
  • Performing daily disinfectant cleanings of the shuttle and throughout the facility with EPA-approved materials
Personal Protection
  • Employees are required to wear personal protective masks and to use hand sanitizer frequently
  • Easily validate your ticket through our walk-up window
  • Luggage assistance will still be available if you want it (and if you do, we'll use barriers to prevent the spread of germs)
We encourage you to follow all of the CDC's recommendations for travel and to wear a protective mask when parking with us, too.
Old Jun 12, 21, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm not doubting either one of you, however, here is a copy of the email which I received last week. I had to remove some of the way oversized images, however, those had nothing to do with pricing.
Interesting!

I've never seen it at $28.55/day, either, but I've been parking there only during the pandemic since I always parked in C, B, or E before.
Old Jun 12, 21, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just curious, have you been able to get a QuikPark reservation with the link from the e-mail at the $12.95/day base price? As both I and chrisl137 have noted, neither of us see anything like that price. And that's using the link in your posting.

David
Old Jun 12, 21, 9:20 pm

Just curious, have you been able to get a QuikPark reservation with the link from the e-mail at the $12.95/day base price? As both I and chrisl137 have noted, neither of us see anything like that price. And that's using the link in your posting.

David
I haven't yet.

Just priced the parking for my next trip. I may be gone for as long as 12 days, but quite possibly for only 7. For twelve days it is $221.45, for seven it is $125.65. That's a hell of a lot more than they advertised; guess this is the "May fluctuate during peak season" caveat.

Being that my return date is up in the air, I was not planning on prepaying for parking and was going to either get a ride from a friend or relative or use the FlyAway Bus (easier to get a ride to and from there).
Old Jun 12, 21, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

At $22+/day all in, I'm thinking about using Union Station + Flayaway for my next long-ish trip. Union Station is only $8/day, but you have to drop off a form letting them know you'll be parking multiple days.
Old Jun 12, 21, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weeelll..., in doing the digging to get to some decent parking rates around/near LAX in our discussions today about such, if there are folks from around Southern California who a) need to drive to LAX and park for travel, b) their travels will occupy the better part of multiple days or even two weeks,, and c) are seeking to earn Marriott points, the Marriott LAX offers some non-insubstantial rates for a one night stay + multi-day/week+ parking with in/out privileges. And you get the night credit + the points for the parking.

Here's two pages: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...rriott/1340315 and https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...iott/OFF-22081.

The second page offers a pre-paid, non-refundable rate but that doesn't seem to constrain the number of days of parking.

FWIW.

David

Search this Thread