Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:18 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
chica and MIA2LAX like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

never mind

Last edited by corky; Sep 17, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Had good experience parking my Tesla Model Y for 10 days. I plugged in the Powerflex cable and left as is until I came back. Hardly paid $2.65 for charging as my battery was 80% anyway when I left. Driving in the bar opened automatically after reading my license plate but going out it did not..so I had to scan the QR code and it all went well.
How full are those EV parking spaces? I did a mock booking in October and saw that 1 week of parking was actually $5 cheaper ($205 vs $210) for EV space instead of regular space. I wonder if people would choose the cheaper option with their ice cars and block the EV parking spaces. I would rather pay more to come back home with a fully charged car. The parking lot I am thinking of is P5 for JetBlue.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Need
How full are those EV parking spaces? I did a mock booking in October and saw that 1 week of parking was actually $5 cheaper ($205 vs $210) for EV space instead of regular space. I wonder if people would choose the cheaper option with their ice cars and block the EV parking spaces. I would rather pay more to come back home with a fully charged car. The parking lot I am thinking of is P5 for JetBlue.
There's "EV parking only" signage so the Daleks can annihilate any ICE cars parked in those spots (or just have them towed).
Need likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Is there a code for October? Tried OCT2022 and it's not working LOL.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Is there a code for October? Tried OCT2022 and it's not working LOL.
FALL20
Craig6z, corky, Need and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
FALL20
It said 20 but only got 10% off, but 10% is still pretty good! Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It said 20 but only got 10% off, but 10% is still pretty good! Thanks!
If you dig around it will probably be something like "20% if you book before X date and enter before Y date, and 10% bookings the rest of the year made before X date".
Need likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Pricing is very dynamic. I used the FALL20 code and booked last week, for a 3 day trip (63 hours) beginning yesterday morning. The cost was $50.38 all in, which was perfectly fine, but honestly I couldn't reverse engineer how they got to that price. A couple of days before my planned arrival, I changed my arrival time to about 2 hours earlier (for a 65 hour stay), as I planned to catch an earlier flight. Their system rebooked my RSVP under a new QR code, and refunded my (almost instantly) $50.38 previously paid. Yet my new charge was $49.99, despite parking for 2 hours longer.

Hence my feeling is a coupon works, but the base rate is dynamic depending on demand.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:54 pm

Has anyone figured out if you really need to charge to get the EV pricing? The one time I took an EV rate, I did charge, but paying the charging fee basically negated my savings (considering what it costs me to charge at home).

Looks like plenty of EVs just park in the EV spots and don't even connect the charger.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
Has anyone figured out if you really need to charge to get the EV pricing? The one time I took an EV rate, I did charge, but paying the charging fee basically negated my savings (considering what it costs me to charge at home).

Looks like plenty of EVs just park in the EV spots and don't even connect the charger.
They don't seem to enforce it, at least not yet.

I drive a plug-in hybrid with an EV range that is more or less equal to the distance between my home and the airport; factoring in what I save on not burning gas, I more or less break even with the cost of charging and the EV discount.

Last month, I booked about ten days in advance for six days of parking. The EV pricing was the same as for combustion engine powered vehicles and the only unoccupied EV space that I could find had an inoperable charger.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just booked Economy parking for two more trips that are 3+ weeks out.

For both trips, the EV and non-EV prices were the same.
For the first trip the price for 8 days was the same as for my 5 days (so I booked the extra in case of delays or changes)
Need likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by chrisl137
I just booked Economy parking for two more trips that are 3+ weeks out.

For both trips, the EV and non-EV prices were the same.
For the first trip the price for 8 days was the same as for my 5 days (so I booked the extra in case of delays or changes)
When I was checking a few weeks ago, EV was cheaper. When I actually booked it this week, they are the same price. I work in El Segundo and can actually park at work for free. But then I have to take Uber to and from LAX. Every time I do that, the uber drivers gave me dirty look because the trip is too short for them. And now you have to take shuttle to LAXIT to take uber... it just added additional level of complication. I am going to try this one out plus my EV needs charging in order to get back home. So instead of going to the Supercharger after we got back, it would be nice to come back to a fully charged car.

Do I need to sign up for any network for the charging or just swipe a credit card?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Do I need to sign up for any network for the charging or just swipe a credit card?
PowerFlex.
Need likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.